• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Why do you think that is? He's not popular. That's a big part of this job in this game. He simply isn't what we want. He can throw stats in our face all he wants

The abuse of Sherwood started BEFORE he even took charge of a single game! Please let's not pretend that all this stemmed from what's happened since, because that's easily falsifiable by simply clicking to the front of this thread.

Our new manager made a bit of a t1t of himself throwing around his gilet and having a strop at Anfield. Rookie mistakes that he has since improved 100 fold. The abuse he has received both pre-dates those incidents, and in any event is wildly disproportionate for them.

As for him not being popular:

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or most people believe it. In other words, the basic idea of the argument is: "If many believe so, it is so."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Justin Bieber sells a zillion records and he's still fukking sh1te. Just because there's an echo-chamber in here on this subject, lead by a hardcore and gone along with by many others, doesn't mean I have to agree with it, nor that it's correct.

I know this post sounds obnoxious, and it's not a personal attack on you Diego, but the sh1t that has been spouted on here the last couple of months has been off the charts and it's seriously time somebody called you all out on it. It's been a shameful effort.

Nobody associated with Spurs with the exception of Campbell has EVER got this level of disrespect in my memory: not ghouls like Irving Scholar, not carpet baggers like Sugar, AVB or Man in a Raincoat, not shirt-throwing clowns like Ghaly, not sell-outs like Berbatov, not mercenaries like VdV and Rebrov, not thoroughly unpleasant characters like Ruddock.

George fukking Goonerface Graham got less abuse than this. It's pretty much unprecedented and for the life of me I don't understand it.

What's also funny is that our coach has been 1st or 2nd best in the PL in the last month and isn't going to get a single word of praise for it from the majority on this board. In fact, it'll be another cause for abusing him.

Now that's funny.

I don't think it is much different from last season when AVB got the highest points total in our Premier League history and people on here still berated him. Sherwood is a divisive character. He may have won all the games in April but, speaking for myself, I'm not convinced by him. Putting aside the fact I don't like him, I don't see what his game plan is. There is no coherency to the play. We haven't looked convincing, even when we beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine away we were vulnerable. And I don't think I will ever understand his allure to some people.

His time is coming to an end though, and there isn't anything each batch of fresh statistics to prove how great he is can do to prevent that. I think the reason he is going is his public persona in interviews. His telling-it-as-it-is schtick was enjoyable and refreshing to start with, but I think it ran its course.

And not to mention that fu**ing gilet...

I think it's simple Chancer.

Some have seen Sherwood's conduct as a player and as a pundit BEFORE he got the job and thought he was cnut. Some of these people have accepted that his results are good and either don't think he is a cnut any more or are happy that he's at least 'our cnut.'

Some didn't know/care about his conduct before he got the job and have since come to the conclusion that he is a cnut, due to what he has said/done whilst being in the job.

Some thought he was a cnut BEFORE he got the job and have seen nothing to change their view based his conduct now he has the job.

I think if he had kept his mouth shut (btw most of the COMPLETE BS he comes out with are NOT attributabe to being 'rookie mistakes') more often than not his popularity would have on the whole been so-so.

....so on all accounts he is guilty of being a cnut and this automatically disqualifies him from retaining his job.

Absolutely.

So on all accounts he is guilty of being a cnut and this automatically disqualifies him from retaining him job.

I'd obviously rather we had a manager who was less of a ****, but it wouldn't be such an issue if he was doing it in the best interest of the club.

I don't think it is much different from last season when AVB got the highest points total in our Premier League history and people on here still berated him. Sherwood is a divisive character. He may have won all the games in April but, speaking for myself, I'm not convinced by him. Putting aside the fact I don't like him, I don't see what his game plan is. There is no coherency to the play. We haven't looked convincing, even when we beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine away we were vulnerable. And I don't think I will ever understand his allure to some people.

His time is coming to an end though, and there isn't anything each batch of fresh statistics to prove how great he is can do to prevent that. I think the reason he is going is his public persona in interviews. His telling-it-as-it-is schtick was enjoyable and refreshing to start with, but I think it ran its course.

And not to mention that fu**ing gilet...

Something that has quite surprised me: I have just finished looking back at the stats of our PL games this season, trying to identify where we have been "lucky" or "unlucky".*

Now obviously, stats don't tell you much about a game but from the shots both teams had, each team would have expected to score 1.7- - i.e. the draw was the "fair" result.

The other interesting thing is that the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game is pretty much the point at which we stopped being lucky. Under AVB we picked up 1 "luck point" overall (Arsenal and Hull expected draws, should have beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine, should have lost to Fulham). In Tim's first 10 games we gained an extra 11 luck points (Southampton, Palace, Man U, Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are expected draws; WBA @ WHL expected loss) and since then we are -2 for luck (Norwich and Arsenal were expected draws)

So in fact, you could say that Tim's luck has run out.

* I've done this by looking at the shots on target for and against and their location - 6 yd box, the so-called prime shot zone, and other. The reason for this is that a shot on target in the 6yd zone has about a 70% chance of scoring (apparently), the prime zone about 40% and other zones 5-10%. Something like that anyway.

I'm in the group that didn't know about his Spurs bashing/conduct in the media prior to joining our coaching team AND was willing to give him a chance despite many saying he was a cnut who had wormtongued his way into the job. Since his appointment I have made up my mind that I don't think he is the man to take us forward. Only a few on here have constantly ****ged him off since day one, many have become disenchanted with the bloke as the games have rolled by.

Out of interest Chancer. The Justin Bieber reference??? Are you saying that his stats (sales) don't change the fact that his product (album) is sh1te or are you saying that he's a sh1te but that doesn't stop him selling records?

I think it's simple Chancer.

Some have seen Sherwood's conduct as a player and as a pundit BEFORE he got the job and thought he was cnut. Some of these people have accepted that his results are good and either don't think he is a cnut any more or are happy that he's at least 'our cnut.'

Some didn't know/care about his conduct before he got the job and have since come to the conclusion that he is a cnut, due to what he has said/done whilst being in the job.

Some thought he was a cnut BEFORE he got the job and have seen nothing to change their view based his conduct now he has the job.

I think if he had kept his mouth shut (btw most of the COMPLETE BS he comes out with are NOT attributabe to being 'rookie mistakes') more often than not his popularity would have on the whole been so-so.

Just thought I'd mention Cnut was one of the best kings England ever had ...

I worry for Mr S. if we lose to West Ham.

Timmeh was the only manager to play Sunderland, West Brom, Fulham and Stoke in April.

Genuine question: what was the record of those four teams like in April? I seem to recall Sunderland got some good results and Stoke were on a roll at home.

Sunderland woke up after we hammered them IIRC. Poyet came out saying that they needed a miracle and the players have responded. Fulham had just had a couple of promising result's before playing us but Stoke and WBrom were both on an off with their form. I think it's a big claim to level, but in context Palace won 5 on the bounce prior to their loss to Emirates Marketing Project and that included victories over Chelsea and Everton.

Genuine question: what was the record of those four teams like in April? I seem to recall Sunderland got some good results and Stoke were on a roll at home.

Played 17
Won 7
Drew 4
Lost 6

Minus our games it's

Played 13
Won 7
Drew 3
Lost 3

It's pretty much unprecedented and for the life of me I don't understand it.
Two things have co-incided.
Firstly we are in the post Bale season - which was always going to be a disappointment. And when we lose our "young manager with vision and promise", the season was always going to feel, and be, a bit of a downer.
Then the interim manager alienates people by being a gobby, opinionated so and so, or at very least by appearing to be one.

In reality, most of the time Tim Sherwood might be a calm, relaxed and positive person with a decent sense of humour. But there's something about his public persona which grates at times. Personally I hope we can get a manager with far more experience, such as Benitez. But if we can't, we're stuck with him, and hopefully he will learn not to **** people off.

The abuse of Sherwood started BEFORE he even took charge of a single game! Please let's not pretend that all this stemmed from what's happened since, because that's easily falsifiable by simply clicking to the front of this thread.

Our new manager made a bit of a t1t of himself throwing around his gilet and having a strop at Anfield. Rookie mistakes that he has since improved 100 fold. The abuse he has received both pre-dates those incidents, and in any event is wildly disproportionate for them.

As for him not being popular:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Justin Bieber sells a zillion records and he's still fukking sh1te. Just because there's an echo-chamber in here on this subject, lead by a hardcore and gone along with by many others, doesn't mean I have to agree with it, nor that it's correct.

I know this post sounds obnoxious, and it's not a personal attack on you Diego, but the sh1t that has been spouted on here the last couple of months has been off the charts and it's seriously time somebody called you all out on it. It's been a shameful effort.

Nobody associated with Spurs with the exception of Campbell has EVER got this level of disrespect in my memory: not ghouls like Irving Scholar, not carpet baggers like Sugar, AVB or Man in a Raincoat, not shirt-throwing clowns like Ghaly, not sell-outs like Berbatov, not mercenaries like VdV and Rebrov, not thoroughly unpleasant characters like Ruddock.

George fukking Goonerface Graham got less abuse than this. It's pretty much unprecedented and for the life of me I don't understand it.

I think it's part and parcel of the internet, forums, social media and ways we can get our opinions out there. Graham would have got far worse I feel if fans had the same ways of expressing themselves as today.

Also I think it's simple. We go through all walks of life making decisions on whether you like someone or something. I just don't like him. I don't care if it makes me out to seem irrational. It's true. I'm not hiding from it. And it does stem back to the days where he played for us. There have been a fair few players that I just didn't like playing for us. Sherwood, Thatcher, Johnnie Jackson being a few of them. I still support them when they pull on our shirt.

But I feel he has embarrassed our club over the past few months with his antics. And I think my criticisms of late have been warranted. I just want him gone.

I think the TS "backers" (for want of a better phrase) are being completely naïve.

The abuse Sherwood gets on this board is in no way unprecedented, how long have you been on this board, a week? Redknapp was still called a saggy faced ****, twitchy, etc. even when the guy had us in CL, **** me, Jenas got more abuse than Sherwood, look at the abuse Lennon gets (all of a sudden after 7 years he's a championship footballer), not to mention Dawson.. It's the nature of the modern world, keyboard warriors.

Re the why? it's really simple, the vast majority of people understand Tottenham Hotspur is a club with a turnover somewhere in the region of 120M, is in the top 15 clubs in Europe, fiscally well run and with an aggressive strategy to trying to move into PL top 4 permanently.

If I built a job description and asked any job recruiter to come up with a list of potential candidates that warrant consideration, Tim Sherwood would not be anywhere on the list (forget the mid season excuse story), he would not qualify for the interview, far less the job.

Occasionally people get promotions due to circumstance and you take the opportunity (no fault of TS that he got the job), at that stage you accept you are in a learning curve, you look for help/guidance from others and you try not to make yourself come across as the ****ing new guy who thinks he knows everything.

People have got massively frustrated because the guy "doesn't get it" he alienates people with **** like sitting in the stands, calling out very good players publicly, making statements about the clubs actions being disappointing, in general making it very clear there is Tottenham Hotspur and there is Tim Sherwood. His constant need to say something in the media is ill advised.

His results have been good, but not amazing, and most worryingly, the vast majority of the time, we look like **** while getting those results (nobody can really say we really looked good against Stoke or Fulham or most others).

If you think TS is the ma for the job, great, happy for you, but nothing in the guys CV suggests he could/should be the next great Tottenham manager, and that is exactly why the club is looking elsewhere and most fans are simply counting down the minutes.

I think the TS "backers" (for want of a better phrase) are being completely naïve.

The abuse Sherwood gets on this board is in no way unprecedented, how long have you been on this board, a week? Redknapp was still called a saggy faced ****, twitchy, etc. even when the guy had us in CL, **** me, Jenas got more abuse than Sherwood, look at the abuse Lennon gets (all of a sudden after 7 years he's a championship footballer), not to mention Dawson.. It's the nature of the modern world, keyboard warriors.

Re the why? it's really simple, the vast majority of people understand Tottenham Hotspur is a club with a turnover somewhere in the region of 120M, is in the top 15 clubs in Europe, fiscally well run and with an aggressive strategy to trying to move into PL top 4 permanently.

If I built a job description and asked any job recruiter to come up with a list of potential candidates that warrant consideration, Tim Sherwood would not be anywhere on the list (forget the mid season excuse story), he would not qualify for the interview, far less the job.

Occasionally people get promotions due to circumstance and you take the opportunity (no fault of TS that he got the job), at that stage you accept you are in a learning curve, you look for help/guidance from others and you try not to make yourself come across as the ****ing new guy who thinks he knows everything.

People have got massively frustrated because the guy "doesn't get it" he alienates people with **** like sitting in the stands, calling out very good players publicly, making statements about the clubs actions being disappointing, in general making it very clear there is Tottenham Hotspur and there is Tim Sherwood. His constant need to say something in the media is ill advised.

His results have been good, but not amazing, and most worryingly, the vast majority of the time, we look like **** while getting those results (nobody can really say we really looked good against Stoke or Fulham or most others).

If you think TS is the ma for the job, great, happy for you, but nothing in the guys CV suggests he could/should be the next great Tottenham manager, and that is exactly why the club is looking elsewhere and most fans are simply counting down the minutes.

Excellent post. Sums it up pretty nicely

The club are going to be dragged through the mire when they sack him though. I have no doubt that the club will stay quiet whilst the media will go full on pro Tim.

I really am intrigued though as to what he did to knock himself out of the running. Steff seems to say that up until 6 weeks ago he was in the frame and then all of a sudden he wasn't. It'll be interesting to hear what stories emerge from the press over the next 6 months.

Little will come out mate…the club generally never trash anyone. I can't remember a time when it's happened. And there's not a whole bunch more Sherwood can say…I think…(gulp :eek:)…

Yet the likes of chelscum have lost to Sunderland LAST MONTH. Man ****ty drew LAST MONTH

And Bayern lost to Dortmund last month. Individual results have no reflection on the fact that we've picked up 10 points from a run that any neutral would expect us to get 12 from.

Back