• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

Maybe it will be like Popescu another player I did not rate but he went to Barcelona and won stuff.

Wish him well but wish he was somewhere else, would rather we sell out of the country though even if it is for a little less like we did with Modric.

Don't forget Paulinho claimed he had received assurances we would keep Bale. Thus laying down a marker for the rest of his season's play, as he was made to look like a total mug.

Don't forget Paulinho claimed he had received assurances we would keep Bale. Thus laying down a marker for the rest of his season's play, as he was made to look like a total mug.

Not really sure how Bale being here would have impacted Paulinho's ability to shirk challenges or not do much for long periods of games.

I don't tend to judge signings on their 1st seasons. There is clearly a better player in there than we've seen (though if that player is the player we saw at the Confederations cup, I'm not as impressed as others were).

From what I've seen, I don't imagine he'll ever be a £30 million player but still don't think I'd sell him. And perhaps he'll become Lampard and bang in 20 goals a season regularly from next season! We can only hope.

Not really sure how Bale being here would have impacted Paulinho's ability to shirk challenges or not do much for long periods of games.

I don't tend to judge signings on their 1st seasons. There is clearly a better player in there than we've seen (though if that player is the player we saw at the Confederations cup, I'm not as impressed as others were).

From what I've seen, I don't imagine he'll ever be a £30 million player but still don't think I'd sell him. And perhaps he'll become Lampard and bang in 20 goals a season regularly from next season! We can only hope.

Whoosh

Whilst I think we can all agree Paulinho hasn't had the best first season, 29,000,000 is a lot of money and almost double what we signed him for, how could we turn that down?

I don't actually think Chelsea are after him personally, but let's remember how poor the likes of Ramires, Essien and Evra were in their first seasons and how good they've ended up.

I don't think he will ever hit the number Lampard did because he doesn't have the same abilty to hit those 20-30yd curlers. I still think he could hit 10-12 league goals in a season. Some of the positions he has gotten himself into are perfect, his execution when shooting though hasn't been great. Had he been more clinical I think he'd already have 10 league goals this season.

Whilst I think we can all agree Paulinho hasn't had the best first season, 29,000,000 is a lot of money and almost double what we signed him for, how could we turn that down?

I don't actually think Chelsea are after him personally, but let's remember how poor the likes of Ramires, Essien and Evra were in their first seasons and how good they've ended up.

For 29M, he would have to go, honestly for Lukaku +any amount of money, he would have to go.

To me, two out of Paulinho, Siggy, Dembele have to go, I would have preferred to keep Paulinho out of them, but if we realistically have that size offer, take it.

Either leverage the offer to get Lukaku, or take the money and buy a creative midfielder to sit next to Eriksen.

For 29M, he would have to go, honestly for Lukaku +any amount of money, he would have to go.

To me, two out of Paulinho, Siggy, Dembele have to go, I would have preferred to keep Paulinho out of them, but if we realistically have that size offer, take it.

Either leverage the offer to get Lukaku, or take the money and buy a creative midfielder to sit next to Eriksen.

This makes a lot of sense to me.

As little as I would be happy about him leaving to Chelsea and Mourinho...

But "we sell you ours, you sell us yours" should be our policy.

I'd be amazed that a deal of this magnitude would be done before we even know who our manager is?

fingers crossed he will have a really good world cup campaign and score a few vital goals

I see Hazard and Mourinho are having a little lovers tiff in the press. Just maybe there's a chance on that front. Unlikely I know.

I'd be amazed that a deal of this magnitude would be done before we even know who our manager is?

Why, not likely any incoming manager would be "Paulinho is key to my strategy", anything north of 26-27M is likely a take and run deal.

New manager will probably be much more concerned with the fate of Eriksen, Lloris, Vert, Sandro, Ade in my opinion

Why, not likely any incoming manager would be "Paulinho is key to my strategy", anything north of 26-27M is likely a take and run deal.

New manager will probably be much more concerned with the fate of Eriksen, Lloris, Vert, Sandro, Ade in my opinion

You think so? I like Sandro but if you were to poll 100 fans of the current top 6 teams, how many do you think would be clamoring for him to be signed?

You think so? I like Sandro but if you were to poll 100 fans of the current top 6 teams, how many do you think would be clamoring for him to be signed?

completely irrelevant, fans of top 6 teams watch highlight reels, which really doesn't say **** about certain types of players, especially deep lying midfielders.

how many fans of top 6 teams thought Carrick was good enough for United? or clamoring to have him signed for them?

Spurs regularly rolled over and got ****ed by sides, especially away from home, then we added Palacios, then Parker, then Sandro and our midfield has looked progressively more substantial. Having a DM that is good enough to play for the Brazilian national side would be something as an incoming manager looking at strategy I would be interested in.

I'd sell him for anything over what we paid for him. He's been the player I've been most disappointed with without doubt.

I think our Brazilians and Belgians are so obssessed with being fit for the World Cup it has affected
all of them. On Paulhino i havent been as underwhelmed by a player since Zokora! I also thought he might come good in
his second season:(

Last edited:

This **** can **** off, has stolen a living as a footballer for a year, he makes my blood boil !!!!

This **** can **** off, has stolen a living as a footballer for a year, he makes my blood boil !!!!

I dislike him more than any player we've had since supporting this club (since 1993) and i'm not exaggerating. I'm talking about players whilst they actually played for the club so don't mention ****ball please.

Back