• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Ho ho. But I know which option I would prefer.

I used to get bored watching Shakespeare as a kid. Turns out it wasn't boring, I just didn't understand it
icon_shrug.gif

I used to get bored watching Shakespeare as a kid. Turns out it wasn't boring, I just didn't understand it
icon_shrug.gif

Frankly that says more about your ability to comprehend what is in front of you. Football isn't exactly Shakespeare. There aren't any long words for you to misunderstand to start with. Or facts to ignore.:-"

4-4-2. No gameplan. Not able to retain the ball. Don't press to get it back. Long balls to Ade. Goals from set-pieces and bits of individual brilliance - never synchronised or purposeful. We're a hit 'n' hope hotchpot, carried because we've got good players.

Hmmmmm - interesting....

With "no gameplan" we have have managed to improve our goals scored column to be the third highest scorers in the league since Sherwood took over - you claim this has been achieved this solely through set pieces and "individual brilliance".

Why then did we not score nearly as many goals through set pieces and "individual brilliance" under our previous manager during the first half of the season? Was it because our previous manager neglected a hugely important part of football (set pieces) as part of his training sessions? Were the players perhaps stifled and not allowed to express any of this "individual brilliance". Have they suddenly been getting excellent coaching to up their "individual brilliance" rating? Or are you just talking ******** and trying to come up with anything that might paper over the cracks of your blinkered views?

Lamela's personal trainer said the other day he's not injured.
Where and when did Lamela's personal trainer say this?

Last edited:

icon_shrug.gif

Did you find yourself falling asleeep in the first half of the play only to then perk up after the interval when a new Director took over and livened things up a bit?!?

Or he could watch a handful of Spurs matches or take a general interest in football.

We all know everything Timmeh just said about our midfield and none of us have any more experience in managing a football team than he does (actually I think a handful do).

Couple questions...
1) How easy or difficult do you think it is to manage in the PL and get results in the PL?
2) You keep saying how Sherwood has no experience. That being the case, have you been surprised/impressed by the success he has achieved thus far?
3) Since Sherwood is so inexperienced, I imagine you will be wanting to see a huge upturn in results when someone like FDB takes over since he is vastly more knowledgeable and experienced and successful. Question is, just how much of an improvement in results will you be expecting?

icon_shrug.gif

Pre-season, thinking Spurs could win the League was just A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Then we had the early season Comedy of Errors.

Many thought Sherwood's appointment was Much Ado About Nothing.

But Measure for Measure he was better than AVB.

Our impressive League form means All's Well That Ends Well.

Last edited:

And in the end we will be watching the Testimonial for Ledley King Learing at the greats of days gone by.

Frankly that says more about your ability to comprehend what is in front of you.

That's what I was getting at, yes.

Football isn't exactly Shakespeare. There aren't any long words for you to misunderstand to start with. Or facts to ignore.:-"

There are some (apparently) incredibly difficult to understand tactics and concepts though.

Did you find yourself falling asleeep in the first half of the play only to then perk up after the interval when a new Director took over and livened things up a bit?!?

I perked up when they switched the stage for a screen and started showing a Statham film.

I understand that dumbing down is appealing to some people, and that it makes things more accessible. I understand that some people don't like to think - that's not for me though.

Couple questions...
1) How easy or difficult do you think it is to manage in the PL and get results in the PL?
2) You keep saying how Sherwood has no experience. That being the case, have you been surprised/impressed by the success he has achieved thus far?
3) Since Sherwood is so inexperienced, I imagine you will be wanting to see a huge upturn in results when someone like FDB takes over since he is vastly more knowledgeable and experienced and successful. Question is, just how much of an improvement in results will you be expecting?

1) In the short term with no regard for longer-term systems and a very good squad, very easy.

2) I'm surprised he's (possibly) managed not to punch anyone. I'm surprised he's not publicly called everyone at the club a bunch of ****s (yet).

The results, not so much. If you have a good squad then 'run about a bit' will usually get good short-term results even if it undoes all the good groundwork for any system that's been laid. It also helps (short-term) to give Ade a hug and tell him that it's OK that he turns up whenever the hell he wants.

3) I expect us to pick up points at a roughly similar rate, maybe even slower in the short-term whilst a system is put in place. Difference is that a professional with give us a chance of doing it over a longer time span.

1) In the short term with no regard for longer-term systems and a very good squad, very easy.

2) I'm surprised he's (possibly) managed not to punch anyone. I'm surprised he's not publicly called everyone at the club a bunch of ****s (yet).

The results, not so much. If you have a good squad then 'run about a bit' will usually get good short-term results even if it undoes all the good groundwork for any system that's been laid. It also helps (short-term) to give Ade a hug and tell him that it's OK that he turns up whenever the hell he wants.

3) I expect us to pick up points at a roughly similar rate, maybe even slower in the short-term whilst a system is put in place. Difference is that a professional with give us a chance of doing it over a longer time span.

Sherwood Derangement Syndrome in all its glory (glory).

Pre-season, thinking Spurs could win the League was just A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Then we had the early season Comedy of Errors.

Many thought Sherwood's appointment was Much Ado About Nothing.

But Measure for Measure he was better than AVB.

Our impressive League form means All's Well That Ends Well.

A line which sums up our season?
"To-morrow and to-morrow and to-morrow...creeps in this petty pace from day to day..."

How long are you prepared to wait for that system to be put in place? At what point do you need to see results/performances/both starting to improve?

Back