• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

I could see him doing well for Chelsea, I reckon he's eyed up as the Lampard replacement which is the type of player he is. That being said I actually hope he stays, like all our signings he's demonstrated flashes of his ability and with the right system etc etc....

"Hey Roman, it's Dan, how's it going? Great, well anyway, let's get straight down to business, we want Lukaku, Everton can't afford to give you the £22m you want, so what do you say? And no, its not an excuse to talk about buying our best players, they're not for sale, just to be clear."

"Well actually, Mr Levy, I am interested in one of your players, and you will need to play ball if you want Lukaku"

"No way, Roman, Eriksen's not for sale, absolutely no way..."

"It's not Eriksen I want.."

"Nope nope nope, there's no way Hugo's going, think again, Roman!"

"It's not Lloris I want..."

"Absolutely no way Vertonghen is going, sorry Roman, just let us have Lukaku, Jan's not going anywhere"

"It's not Vertonghen I want...I want Paulinho"

"No way, Roman, there's no way Adeb....WHAT?"

"I want Paulinho"

"Paulinho?"

"Yes, I want Paulinho.....how about we give you £29m for him, then we can talk about Lukaku"

"Wha.......wait a minute....."

*rings on the other line*

"Hi, Paulinho, it's Daniel Levy, I'm going to be round yours in a bit, I need to drive you somewhere, VERY FAST"

I don't really believe that story. Doesn't really add up. He doesn't seem a particularly Jose player, and it's hard to believe anyone has been so impressed by him this season that they'd actually splodge almost doubt what we paid and be gagging to get the deal done asap.

Agent stirring a contract re-negotiation seems as likely as anything.

I don't really believe that story. Doesn't really add up. He doesn't seem a particularly Jose player, and it's hard to believe anyone has been so impressed by him this season that they'd actually splodge almost doubt what we paid and be gagging to get the deal done asap.

Agent stirring a contract re-negotiation seems as likely as anything.

He did, as I hear it, hand in a transfer request post-AVB after a few weeks of TS, but I agree, simply because I do not see any business between us and Chelski for some years. I hope our incoming can convince him to stay personally...

I believe they want him simply because they feel he'll be the ideal replacement for Lampard (for whatever weirdo reason) Maybe the Brazilian boys there have spoken highly of him to Mourinho? either way i'm sure we'll ask for Lukaku to be involved in the deal and i doubt Chelski will have any problems with that.

Very classy player who we should be trying very hard to keep hold of, he's not a destroyer type player which lots seem to expect him to be on here for some reason.He's very similar to lampard in style and we should use him like that.He would easily score 10-15 goals a season for Chelsea, wouldnt suprise me if he ends up there.

I'd prefer it to be Courtios or whatever his name is. And sell Lloris too to Monaco or PSG.

Also think it's rather boll0cks that the board are wanting to choose an incoming player when the incoming coach really should be choosing.

but fcuk if we got 29m. hahaha

I haven't been overly impressed with Paulinho this season, but if we sell him to Chelsea because Mourinho wants him I won't be the one to laugh first that's for sure!

I'm really hoping that we don't sell Paulinho. I know that £29m seems a lot but we would live to regret the sale.

I'm really hoping that we don't sell Paulinho. I know that £29m seems a lot but we would live to regret the sale.

This.

I also suspect the rest of the PL are hoping we don't sell Paulinho to them as well...could you imagine how potent they would be if they got Paulinho AND a striker like Costa...

I agree. I don't think he deserves half the negativity he gets, and I think he'll get a good deal better next season. Mistake to let him go in my view.

I think he fits the Mourinho mould perfectly. He has the ability to grab some goal, but also works hard around the pitch. He is one of our better pressers of the ball and has won plenty of tackles in the opposition third. I'd be disappointed if we did sell him off. Still believe that he is saving himself for the world cup

I think he fits the Mourinho mould perfectly. He has the ability to grab some goal, but also works hard around the pitch. He is one of our better pressers of the ball and has won plenty of tackles in the opposition third. I'd be disappointed if we did sell him off. Still believe that he is saving himself for the world cup

I agree

Thibaut Courtois IMO is that keeper you can have for the next 10 years and never worry. Similar to Mourinho's first purchase when he signed Peter Cech 10 years ago.

you can sell Lloris and get Paulinho's replacement easily with that money. Go to Wolfburg and get his Brazilian team mate in the middle Luiz Gastavo who IMO is much better.. and said so at the time of Paulinho's purchase in the summer.

Really depends on who our manager is next season. Paulie is a great player, strong in the run going forward and links up well with his team mates. Hasn't impressed ? It's his first season ffs ! With two different managers and new team mates, we don't have a clear system of play ! Language is a big factor.

I hope we keep him, we'd be mad to lose him to any in the top 8 IMO.

I think he's been decent but not great but we need to have patience. Its his 1st season and he's scored some big goals. 7 so far isn't bad and hes been benched a bit and injured too. Given a proper run would expect double figures for goals next season. Apart from Bale when did we last have that from midfield. A lot of people like Vickery rate him highly.

If its 29m i will drive him there myself. Use that money to get a proper Spurs type player.

I'd prefer it to be Courtios or whatever his name is. And sell Lloris too to Monaco or PSG.

And - for even a microsecond - do you really, genuinely, even in your wildest dream, believe that Courtois would give us a thought, let alone the time of day??? The best keeper in the world with the world at his feet at 21???

Back