• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*******omt stoke v tottenham hotspur 26/04/14******

Tottenham may snub handshake with Stoke's Charlie Adam over Paulinho injury

Spurs players are considering a pre-match handshake snub for Charlie Adam this weekend.

The north Londoners have not forgiven Stoke midfielder Adam for his tackle on Paulinho in December which left the Brazilian out for a month.

It was the third time in his career in English football that Adam had put one of their players on the sidelines, following two clashes with Gareth Bale when the Scot was at first Blackpool and then Liverpool.

Adam was also sent off at White Hart Lane in September 2011 for a foul on Scott Parker when still with the Anfield club.

And he saw another red card against Spurs last May after two cautionable challenges on Jan Vertonghen.

Now, sparks are set to fly at the Potters' Britannia Stadium on Saturday -with Paulinho particularly desperate to play.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...andshake-stokes-charlie-3453198#ixzz2ztBuGB8y
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Erm, wow. I wouldn't normally support this kind of thing - if someone offers you their hand, you should shake it - but in this instance he's such a disgusting little scrote that it'd be justified.

The real question is whether it helps/hinders us/them. Maybe Paulinho would appreciate the gesture from his teammates.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...andshake-stokes-charlie-3453198#ixzz2ztBuGB8y

Erm, wow. I wouldn't normally support this kind of thing - if someone offers you their hand, you should shake it - but in this instance he's such a disgusting little scrote that it'd be justified.

The real question is whether it helps/hinders us/them. Maybe Paulinho would appreciate the gesture from his teammates.

Paulinho should go in for the handshake, hesitate and then pull out lamely at the last second :-"

https://twitter.com/BenPearceSpurs

• TS says Dawson's back from hamstring injury. Capoue's trained for 2 days & Vertonghen's trained for one day - it's too soon for them.
  • Sherwood reiterates once again that Lamela won't play again this season: "It's going to come too soon for Erik, the end of the season. I haven’t seen him [Lamela], he hasn’t trained with the group yet. The last thing you want to do is rush back."
  • Write-up of Sherwood's press conference here. He says he expects his players to shake Charlie Adam's hand http://bit.ly/1kcagig "I would hate to think that every time I tackled someone they’d never shake my hand – I would never have had a handshake!"
  • TS on Sandro: "Hes got attributes we require at certain times, & other players have got other attributes I need for different games. We’ve been dominating the football in most of our games recently and I think other people are ahead of him in regards to that."
  • "It was never the brief when I came into the club that we had to finish in fourth place. What was said to me was ‘can we make the team a little bit more attractive & score more goals?’ I think I’ve ticked that box.”

It's funny as we've recently heard about the lengths Palace went to to gain inside info on Cardiff's starting lineup, us on the otherhand seem quite content to advertise our team on the official website.

It's funny as we've recently heard about the lengths Palace went to to gain inside info on Cardiff's starting lineup, us on the otherhand seem quite content to advertise our team on the official website.

All a bluff to trick Stoke. Vertonghen, Capoue and Lamela all to start! ;)

https://twitter.com/BenPearceSpurs

• TS says Dawson's back from hamstring injury. Capoue's trained for 2 days & Vertonghen's trained for one day - it's too soon for them.
  • Sherwood reiterates once again that Lamela won't play again this season: "It's going to come too soon for Erik, the end of the season. I haven’t seen him [Lamela], he hasn’t trained with the group yet. The last thing you want to do is rush back."
  • Write-up of Sherwood's press conference here. He says he expects his players to shake Charlie Adam's hand http://bit.ly/1kcagig "I would hate to think that every time I tackled someone they’d never shake my hand – I would never have had a handshake!"
    [*]TS on Sandro: "Hes got attributes we require at certain times, & other players have got other attributes I need for different games. We’ve been dominating the football in most of our games recently and I think other people are ahead of him in regards to that."
  • "It was never the brief when I came into the club that we had to finish in fourth place. What was said to me was ‘can we make the team a little bit more attractive & score more goals?’ I think I’ve ticked that box.”

Hmmm...but haven't it been easy for the opposition to create opportunities against our very exposed defence in recent games?:-k
If Sandro is not even on the bench tomorrow for a potentially bruising match away to Stoke then we'll know that those words were TS' most eloquently spoken BS to date

Tottenham may snub handshake with Stoke's Charlie Adam over Paulinho injury

Spurs players are considering a pre-match handshake snub for Charlie Adam this weekend.

The north Londoners have not forgiven Stoke midfielder Adam for his tackle on Paulinho in December which left the Brazilian out for a month.

It was the third time in his career in English football that Adam had put one of their players on the sidelines, following two clashes with Gareth Bale when the Scot was at first Blackpool and then Liverpool.

Adam was also sent off at White Hart Lane in September 2011 for a foul on Scott Parker when still with the Anfield club.

And he saw another red card against Spurs last May after two cautionable challenges on Jan Vertonghen.

Now, sparks are set to fly at the Potters' Britannia Stadium on Saturday -with Paulinho particularly desperate to play.

GHod please no, that would be so smalltime and would show Invisibleinho up for being the ***** he appears to be. Might put money on Adam to get sent off though. :D

Don't often agree with Tim but I second his comments on Sandro.

- good player, absolutely
- overrated by our fans because of his personality, absolutely

Ideal for tomorrow however.

Quite looking forward to this. Hopefully we can pick up three points and finish strong for the season.

How many of our players has Adam injured now?

Did we reject him when he was a youth player or something?

How many of our players has Adam injured now?

Did we reject him when he was a youth player or something?

4 if you can include Bale x2 plus Parker and Paulinho.

Only time he got 'rejected' was during the January transfer window whilst at Blackpool when Harry apparently wanted him.

Not sure if our so-called defence can hold out against the pace of Odemwinge but going for a 2-3 win.

--------------------------------------------Lloris----------------------------------

Naughton-------------------Kaboul----------------Chiriches---------------Rose

-------------------------------------------Sandro---------------------------------

Lennon----------------------Paulinho---------------Siggurdson---------Eriksen

-------------------------------------------Adebayor-------------------------------

Subs; Friedel, Dawson, Freyers, Bentaleb, Chadli, Soldado, Kane.

Bit harsh to leave Kane out but think one up top will give a better balance.

Hard to get motivated for this match. Only thing to look forward to is how Eriksen is going to play. Want to see Eriksen create and score more goals. As for our league position, the only thing I want us to do is finish above ManU. Will be very annoyed if ManU finish above us after all the problems they had this season. Hope we will get a comfortable win with Eriksen among the goal scorers.

Any official team news yet ?

Hope we will turn for for this match with the right mentality. Will be annoyed if we don't win this match.

It would be nice to end up with our best Goal Difference. Three times we've reached four, but our too-regular thumpings have had us in negative territory for periods.

If we ignore the quick goal we'll concede, it would be a clean sheet. Still back us to win ...... unless Dawson returns. I see him as a busted flush for this season, and he needs a re-bore before the new season if he's going to be of much use.

Any official team news yet ?

Hope we will turn for for this match with the right mentality. Will be annoyed if we don't win this match.

Yes, team is

Lloris

Naughton
Dawson
Kaboul
Rose

Lennon
Chadli
Paulinho
Eriksen

Kane
Adebayor