• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Transfer Rumours

He wasn't gracious to us in his post move interviews, then he would "conveniently" have interviews just before games against us and would talk smack about us, how we have a loser mentality at the club, etc. etc.

Just unnecessary and classless ****, to me I have an issue with the guy because Keane/Berbs/Modric would have all made their careers with/without Spurs. Carrick required Spurs to take a chance on him (he could have faded in the championship), build a team around him, give him a run over a player with CL experience.

If he had an ounce of ****ing class, he could have just said "thanks to Spurs for giving me the chance, it's given me the opportunity to prove myself at the highest level" nothing else, don't need undying love, don't need to be his boyhood club, just don't **** on the side that took you out of the ****ing championship and made you attractive enough for United to buy you.

Can't say he was wrong.

I wish someone at the club had listened to him.

If he knows a better mentality and could bring it back with him we shouldn't just try to sign him we should consider making him captain.

Once he left Carrick said that the attitude at Spurs was that it was ok to lose to certain teams (like United). He implied that he was leaving to join a bigger better club with a winning mentality!

Once he left Carrick said that the attitude at Spurs was that it was ok to lose to certain teams (like United). He implied that he was leaving to join a bigger better club with a winning mentality!

He's right though, isn't he? We need players who think that it is not acceptable to move us on.

Not a transfer rumour but as there is not a thread for this kind of thing i will stick it here.

If we get rid of one of our strikers this season we should give Alfred Finnbogason a crack. He is only 25 and is about 6ft tall but has got good feet on him and knows where the back of the net is. He currently has 27 in 29 for Heerenveen this season and 51 in 62 overall.

Its about time we gave a nobody a crack and he will not cost alot.

[video=youtube;EPDvpl2nNvs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPDvpl2nNvs[/video]

I will take full credit if this becomes an official rumour. (Watch this space)

Roma will have Champions league football next year so can attract the best players from clubs such as ourselves. Much like we should've done when we got into the competition many moons ago.

I do however think that this news will bring in the sharks and he'll end up somewhere else earning us a little bit more.

Not a transfer rumour but as there is not a thread for this kind of thing i will stick it here.

If we get rid of one of our strikers this season we should give Alfred Finnbogason a crack. He is only 25 and is about 6ft tall but has got good feet on him and knows where the back of the net is. He currently has 27 in 29 for Heerenveen this season and 51 in 62 overall.

[video=youtube;EPDvpl2nNvs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPDvpl2nNvs[/video]

I will take full credit if this becomes an official rumour. (Watch this space)

Gives me shudders of Alfonso Alves

I would consider Andreas Cornelius... as a no-body and he cost Cardiff nearly 10m lol

Prefer Lambert

If they give us something close to what we bought him for I would probably do it. Then buy Lukaku.

I'd keep him. Despite Ade's form, simple business sense (he's 30, on massive wages and on a high that will guarantee a decent price) dictates he be sold. I'd rather sell him than Soldado, who I feel will start next season with a point to prove and nothing to lose.

We won't get Lukaku, imo, so Bony/Benteke (injury notwithstanding)/A.N.Other + Soldado + Kane would be a good strike-force to start the season with. Unless of course Someone offers 30 million or something for Soldado, but come on, no one would do that now. no one.

Gives me shudders of Alfonso Alves

this.

I know the player well and he certainly has a unique eye for the goal. Nevertheless, he is a luxury player that I think is often totally ineffective on the pitch, untill he pops out of nowhere and scores a goal. He could work though if he came on the cheap and expectations were not that high. A really good option on the bench. His native, Sigthorsson at Ajax is a better option imho.

this.

I know the player well and he certainly has a unique eye for the goal. Nevertheless, he is a luxury player that I think is often totally ineffective on the pitch, untill he pops out of nowhere and scores a goal. He could work though if he came on the cheap and expectations were not that high. A really good option on the bench. His native, Sigthorsson at Ajax is a better option imho.

Sounds like Jordan Rhodes

I've read decent things about Luciano Vietto

[video=youtube_share;i6KJUml0rW0]http://youtu.be/i6KJUml0rW0[/video]

The link only says target ..... not signing.

Please avoid stirring things a la Gutter Press

Not with Toure, but we do need a whole new defence in the summer. Just looking at the table, we've scored 51 goals, which considering AVB's team's aversion to scoring for half the season is pretty impressive and amongst the best in the division, but we have a GD of only 2 and have conceded getting towards 50 goals which is catastrophic.

None of our defenders other than Walker would get near the starting XI of a top side. They literally need putting down at the knackers yard.

Back