• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

And he says Liverpool "forced mistakes", but that is not what I saw - "stupid Spurs defenders making mistakes all on their own" is what I saw. No forcing involved.

He's also clearly not aware of where Chadli and Eriksen operate best as per the SCBC game, nor that the chalkboards today show they switched positions a lot today.

A load of incoherent waffle for me.

Really, you don't see a team playing a suicidal high line with no pressure on the opposition midfield?

Said opposition midfield have 3,5,10 seconds on the ball to make a pass that puts the defenders under massive pressure (hence more likely to make mistakes)?

A tactic to press the opposition midfield with Siggy, Lennon, Townsend, Eriksen, Chadli in midfield, none of whom really come to mind as pressing midfield players?

4-0 quite honestly was flattering to us, not them ...

Sitting in the stand and having your assistant shout "run to the ball" is not management.

Levy has no problem making cold-blooded decisions. No way he'll stand for these performances under YTS Tim - its now a question of when not if

The players looked scared ****less today. Even worse is the fact that they didn't seem to want to challenge for the ball. Liverpool were first to every break down and that's not just down to desire, their players were spread in the right way to make sure that they had the best chance of making it to the ball first. We seem to have holes all over the pitch and we defend poorly, this is my biggest issue.

Reckon the fight story is nonsense. But Levy may aswell sack him. He has clearly lost interest or already knows about his replacement.

Amazing that people are still defending Sherwood and it's somehow some excuse or the other, players fault, grass was too green, sun was out.

What the **** is with a manager who sits in the stand while his side is being completely overrun?

And the most embarrassing thing today, in the start of the second half, TS still in stand, Les is ****ing shouting "run to the ball" to our players, and Rodgers literally turns his back on Les so Les can't see him laughing at him ... ****ing joke ..

The best thing Levy can do now is get rid of this guy now, at least without stupid tactics and useless subs the players might actually scratch through the rest of season.

Did this Rodgers laughing at our coaching thing really happen?

Whoever comes in has a huge task to even maintain the level we've been at in recent seasons.

City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool will all no doubt improve.

I'm worried we lack the resources to push on. Even when we do have money we just **** it away. £108m ffs

We've had loads of possession at times under Sherwood, we did v Arsenal at home and against Chelsea away we dominated the ball for long periods. But like under AVB, we were cr*p at doing anything meaningful with it and we look brittle when a team has the slightest go at us (which they do, once they figure out we do eff all with the ball).

It's very rarely where we're stringing more than half a dozen passes together now. If you think the passing is the same under both AVB and Sherwood, then fair enough .

Agree. His selection today was just f***ing stupid. Siggy as a CM against the form team in the PL? away? When Sadnro has been back for a month and is sitting on the bench? The guy is a fool

Ain't that the fukking truth

It's very rarely where we're stringing more than half a dozen passes together now. If you think the passing is the same under both AVB and Sherwood, then fair enough .

If I've missed something and we lost our battle to keep red off of our shirts so dramatically that we now play in red then yes, our passing is incredibly good....

One thing I didn't like about Sherwood's post match was that e said 'maybe it's a belief thing' when asked about the record against the top 4. I think that's poor. Most sides that pull off good results against sides better than them play to a system that allows them to over perform, while a an 'arm round the shoulder' type management gets results against the easier teams.

If he had said 'we'll have a style in place next year' I'd have thought fair enough, but he's making himself sound like he is all about 'belief', 'heart' and 'confidence'.

We have games where we are poor in terms of dominating the ball, most certainly. But again, I highlight the game v goons at home that we just lost 1-0 and compare it to the avb 0-1 loss earlier in the season. We passed it sideways a lot, had more of the ball than them and created very little in both games. For added similarity, we even lost by the same scoreline.

Against Chelsea, recently, we were having more possession (in the first half at least) and creating very little (just like under avb). Mourinho even remarked that we had a lot of the ball but didn't hurt them with it.

In other games, we have been more strung out and frenetic. All things considered, both managers have produced equally rubbish performances, except for when AVB had Bale to make him look good. Adebayor has had a little bit of the same thing going for Sherwood (obviously, nowhere near the Bale level).

Long time lurker but need a rant!

Sherwood absolutely has to go.

Whilst I've never warmed to him but I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's just painfully obvious he not up to the task.

AVB left with a squad still struggling to settle and to adjust to the league, it wasn't pretty to watch but pretty much expected when you consider the complete overhaul of the squad. At least with AVB there was some resemblance of a plan in place the players were attempting to adjust to. Sadly that led to some pretty ****e football and the odd mauling. Still though I would have liked to have seen him given more patience.

It's clear the biggest problems we have now is a complete lack of identity and our squad is completely devoid of confidence. Barring Eriksen and Chadli in spurts I can't think of a single player that isn't out of form. Tim created this, he's absolutely and completely responsible. We got battered, badly, and his response to that was to throw the players to the wolves.

My perception is that he did this completely out of his own self interest. If the players perform better, then he's a genius, if they don't, well it's because their not 'passionate' enough. Also giving the players a load of stick is simply less effort than trying to solve the abundant tactical problems we have on the pitch. Whether it's right or wrong, players respond best to a manager that defends them, even if the media and the fans know what they're saying is a crock of ****.

Lack of confidence is what's causing the countless errors in games. How often is it that so many crucial defensive errors occur in such a short space of time? The two are clearly linked. It's not that the players have all collectively as a unit turned to ****. I'm not saying Tim is responsible for the errors but he's clearly done nothing to attempt to prevent them. In fact they're getting worse week on week which indicates to me he's continued killing their confidence from the Chelsea game.

For me our midfield has the biggest problems because, bar Sandro, no player in our midfield has a designated role. It's impossible to expect the players to work in a cohesive unit when they haven't got a clue where they, or their teammates should be. What are the best positions for the following players; Eriksen, Dembele, Chadli, Siggi, Paulinho, Bentaleb, Townsend and Holtby could be included as well. How can a midfield unit provide protection for the defence and support Soldado if they don't have a clue when their position and role in the team changes every single week. It's probably not worth even talking about because I have absolutely no faith that Sherwood is going to be here long enough to even begin to fix it.

I'm still positive about our squad. We have absolutely outstanding quality but no direction at all. Get a manager in there with a clear vision and the time and patience to mould it all together. I'm just praying that we don't lose key players this summer from this soul sucking ****piece season.

Rant over :D

=D>=D>=D>

Back