• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

because he'd started signing the players that made them drop like that

Liverpool started to settle on his watch

But those signed players also got them 2nd?

I'm not sure I understand your point. Our slide has apparently been horrific and sudden, within 12 months. Yet we are likely to drop 1, perhaps 2 spaces from our position last season. Despite having had to sell our best player and replacing him with a 1/3 of a new squad.

Liverpool went from 2nd to 7th. In one season. Ie 12 months.

The players' mental attitude was unacceptable today, and Sherwood needs to take some of the blame for that.

But the match stats are interesting:

Goals
4-0

Total Shots
11 - 15

Shots On Target
5 - 4

Shots from outside the box
6 - 8

Shots from inside the box
5 - 7

Shot Accuracy (excluding blocked shots)
45.5% - 40%

Total Passes
526 - 362

Passing Accuracy (%)
86.5% - 82.3%

Passing Accuracy opp. Half (%)
72.4% - 72%

Total Crosses
12 - 16

Successful Crosses (%)
25% - 31.3%

Fine margins, individual mistakes and everything going wrong that could go wrong explain a hell of a lot.

It's no different to AVB. All the chances in the World and hardly any goals to show for it.

^ we're 6th because despite the total cluster**** of a management situation our players actually have some ability and have been able to scrap us through games by themselves. wait till they have someone in charge who knows what he's doing and things will look much better

Exactly

my point is that the seeds were sown at Liverpool even before that second place finish and it was obvious things were going south

this time last year I don't think anyone saw us being where we are now

Let's hope that Sherwood realises now that he is managing for where-ever he ends up next season, and continues to put 100% effort in.
And that Levy is able to get a decent replacement.

But those signed players also got them 2nd?

I'm not sure I understand your point. Our slide has apparently been horrific and sudden, within 12 months. Yet we are likely to drop 1, perhaps 2 spaces from our position last season. Despite having had to sell our best player and replacing him with a 1/3 of a new squad.

Liverpool went from 2nd to 7th. In one season. Ie 12 months.

He sold their best players, overspent on mediocrity and completely ruined Torres. That one title challenge was a massive overachievement.

my point is that the seeds were sown at Liverpool even before that second place finish and it was obvious things were going south

this time last year I don't think anyone saw us being where we are now

We might be underperforming, but we're only 2 points worse off compared to last season and 3 points compared to the one before. There is a lot of potential in this squad with a manager that has a clue about organizing a team.

I think we look disorganised because Sherwood has focused on playing game to game, in order to pick up points till the end of the season, rather than implement a long term style of play. Given a summer and some backing I do think we'd see a pretty coherent side.

I don't blame Sherwood today. I blame Levy for the poor decisions that have ruined this season.

I think we look disorganised because Sherwood has focused on playing game to game, in order to pick up points till the end of the season, rather than implement a long term style of play. Given a summer and some backing I do think we'd see a pretty coherent side.

I don't blame Sherwood today. I blame Levy for the poor decisions that have ruined this season.

I blame them both. I know we still have a lot of injuries/not fully fit players (WHICH NEVER GETS MENTIONED IN THE PRESS, UNLIKE HEROIC A***ANAL), but the selection/formation/tactics (high line against 'Pool again) were horrific.

It's no different to AVB. All the chances in the World and hardly any goals to show for it.

I'd say what is notably different is our passing stats . We have gone from a team that were often accused of passing it for the sake of passing it, to a team that cannot string half a dozen passes together . We rarely pass it sideways now switching from one side of the pitch to the other . Our previous patient passing game is all gone now in favour of a direct passing style , a style that is more suited to the lower divisions.

A lot of Twitter rumours saying he might be gone. Announcement in the morning

We'll see

is there any chance Van Gaal could take over until the end of the season?

A lot of Twitter rumours saying he might be gone. Announcement in the morning

We'll see

I think that really would be the icing on the crap in terms of making us look like the absolute jokiest of joke clubs this season.

At least having Sherwood was like 'ok, we have Levy's man, let's see what all the fuss was about' but even this hasn't gone in any way well. Bad decision after bad decision.

same rumors after the chelsea game wasn't there?

surely sacking two managers in a season is too much, even for Levy :eek:

I blame them both. I know we still have a lot of injuries/not fully fit players (WHICH NEVER GETS MENTIONED IN THE PRESS, UNLIKE HEROIC A***ANAL), but the selection/formation/tactics (high line against 'Pool again) were horrific.

We didn't really have a high line today. It looked a few yards back compared to recently, and in any event for all our problems today, balls over the back and through the channels weren't actually a problem.

In all the noise it's hard to tell exactly what happened out there, but for me tactics, personnel and formation were the least of our problems. Our defensive shape - back four + midfield protection - kept Liverpool down to 5 shots on target, of which they scored 4 goals:

Goal 1 - FOUR individual defensive errors from Rose, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Kaboul
Goal 2 - THREE individual errors from Naughton (poor pass upfield), Dawson (blind back pass) and Kaboul (poorly positioned when Dawson messed up)
Goal 3 - If you look at this goal again there is a swarm of white shirts around Coutinho and somehow he scores.
Goal 4 - Set piece, keeper not great, Dawson let it go through him, overall shambles

I look forward to seeing tactical analysis of the game at some point, because I don't think this was the problem.

Back