• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

That chart also says something about our luck this season: 5th in total errors, 1st in errors leading to goals. Our ratio of 22:15 is significantly more brutal than anyone else's.

Yup. We have been very unlucky that such a high proportion of our total defensive errors, have resulted in goals.

I wonder if we had just had the "average" conversion rate against us, how many more points we may have now. Anyone?

Yup. We have been very unlucky that such a high proportion of our total defensive errors, have resulted in goals.

I wonder if we had just had the "average" conversion rate against us, how many more points we may have now. Anyone?

sure someone will do the maths, but not sure it's relevant

So many variables with where the mistake was made, what quantifies a mistake, etc.

Truth is we make a lot of mistakes that lead to goals, too many to be indicative of purely player issue.

We've certainly been unlucky but we've had our fair share of pluckiness. All those one nil wins with pens. We haven't exactly played great footy yet we could still scab top four. That said Everton look more likely to do that

Typical Tottenham that just as we finally learn how to be flat track bullies we lose the ability to compete with the top teams #-o

We got away with those 2 gaffes by Naughton yesterday but against the top teams those clangers have cost us dear this season, hopefully the defence gets an overhaul over the summer (a quality LB has got to be a priority) and our new attackers show their true worth next season.

Twitter / WhoScored: Tottenham: Have made more errors that have led to a goal (15) than any other team in Europe's top 5 leagues this season

Steve - can this be broken down between AVB's time and TS' time?

Using the date filters on http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings, the defensive errors by Spurs players so far this season have been split evenly between AVB and Sherwood' reigns. However only 6 of the 11 under Andre led to goals whilst 9 of 11 under Sherwood have cost us a goal.

Last season there were 29 defensive errors by Spurs players (8th worse in the league) but only 8 of those led to goals (tied for 11th worse in the league).

Last edited:
Using the date filters on http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings, the defensive errors by Spurs players so far this season have been split evenly between AVB and Sherwood' reigns. However only 6 of the 11 under Andre led to goals whilst 9 of 11 under Sherwood have cost us a goal.

Last season there were 29 defensive errors by Spurs players (8th worse in the league) but only 8 of those led to goals (tied for 11th worse in the league).

Thanks Steve. Top job as usual.

Although the ones under Sherwood are over more games.

Would be interesting to know which goal has been attributed to a defensive mistake by Ade. :)

Although the ones under Sherwood are over more games.

Would be interesting to know which goal has been attributed to a defensive mistake by Ade. :)

I seem to remember him losing his marker from a corner and his half clearance went to their man, who scored.
Don't know if that is the one?

I seem to remember him losing his marker from a corner and his half clearance went to their man, who scored.
Don't know if that is the one?

Yes that's the one. I think it was a free-kick - might have been West Brom over Xmas when they equalised straight after we'd gone in front. Seem to remember he fluffed a clearance and it bobbled through to Olsson who prodded in.

I do wonder if our errors leading directly to goals conceded is due to the high line that has been consistently deployed (and exploited) this season. The high line leaves no-one covering so a mistake results in a goal. I can recall the error that Daws made that resulted in a goal was dribbling up to half way and then misplacing a pass into midfield. Everyone had pushed right up to half way, one ball over the top and it was a goal. No covering defenders and no defensive awareness!

Hahahahaha... Really don't know why you bother. Your certainly no ninja.

I honestly don't know why everyone picks on this guy. From what I've seen, he seems the same as the rest of us, unless there's some 'Super Sol Smashes Spurs' post he made somewhere that I've neglected to read.

Ok. This is where it starts.

Emirates Marketing Project to beat Man Ure tonight thereby removing them from contention.

Tomorrow, the mighty Swans nick a draw at the Efemerates, **** have two men sent off or injured for the rest of the season ( preferably Giroud and Meatpacker). Also, Sunderland shut out Pool, Catermole does England a favour and crocks Suarez, Sturridge is sent off for his annoying goal celebration which my nephew has copied and Gerrard is booked, meaning none of them can play against us.

That would then even us up on the injuries front and make Sundays game a tad more interesting.

Love the predictions Pirate although the gooners are playing tonight (currently losing), you did however forget to list Everton who are winning right now.

Everton are now a point ahead of us in 5th, still with a game in hand, but UTD now sit 5 points behind us in 7th.
Still can't believe the gooners drew although it looked for quite a while like they would lose.

Everton are now a point ahead of us in 5th, still with a game in hand, but UTD now sit 5 points behind us in 7th.
Still can't believe the gooners drew although it looked for quite a while like they would lose.

But Everton still have to play Arsenal, Man Utd and Emirates Marketing Project.

Thanks.

Is there any definition of what a defensive error is? It's hard to compare without knowing that.

I can't find a glossary on the Squawka site.

FWIW, here are the goals OPTA have attributed to defensive errors by our players this season:

Dawson for the 0-1 at the Emirates.
Paulinho for the 0-1 at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
Vertonghen and Lloris for 2 of the 6 at the Etihad.
Walker for Rooney' first equaliser in the 2-2 draw with ManU.

Lloris for the 2nd of Southampton' goals in the 3-2 win at St Mary's.
Adebayor for WBA' equaliser in the 1-1 draw.
Bentaleb for Norwich' winner in the 0-1 at Carrow Road.
Rose for Hull' equaliser in the 1-1 at the KC Stadium.
Vertonghen, Sandro and Walker at Stamford Bridge.
Naughton' 2 errors on Sunday.

Back