• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs S.L. Benfica OMT ***

Grimsby and KD chill, they're all sh*t. We are all Spurs, it's not a great season lets just all agree on that

Remember when we would finish top 4 playing brilliant football and were champions league quarter finalists. How have we fallen this far so quickly.

His 'general play'? Who cares about a central defender's general play if he can't perform the most basic of functions and mark from set pieces?

And unfortunately, picking on 2 individual moments which resulted in 2 goals for a central defender is really quite pertinent. His whole performance becomes dog**** based on that.

And I think Kaboul is better than Dawson but saying tonight proves that he is? The only thing he's proved tonight is that he's a complete macaron.

Because Dawson has made more individual errors than most. And how many goals have we let in from set pieces this season, and seasons past?! And Kaboul has barely played or trained for 2 years so can be excused for being a bit slack, unsure can't he?!

If you judge players on mistakes than you'd maybe miss out on some quality players!!!

Thats that then. no blind optimism now, we arent going to win by 3 goals or 4-2 in Benficsa.

Freidel; Naughton, Velkjovic,Vertonghen,Fryers; Townsend,Bentaleb,Sigurdsson,Chadli; Kane,Coulthirst

Save the rest to try and get a win v Southampton. Not because I think we can still get 4th, but to avoid a possible run of 6 straight defeats in March

Vertonghen is suspended

But I agree - save the best players (whoever they are) for Southampton

No way will we turn this around next thursday

:) I obviously did. I'm being a little hyperbolic, but you have an agenda against him and it showed in 90% of your posts. I think Kaboul is FAR superior to Dawson. I think Dawson is mid table team quality!
Dawson is the most limited CB we have, that is true, but Kaboul certainly doesn't deserve any praise for this match in particular.

Remember when we would finish top 4 playing brilliant football and were champions league quarter finalists. How have we fallen this far so quickly.

You mean that one time in our whole history? ;)

Yeah I remember that.

You mean that one time in our whole history? ;)

Yeah I remember that.

I've seen clubs getting dissolved in that period, so we ain't doing to bad. We don't loose that often but when we do, we loose big. In comparison we have "fallen" from 4th to 5th, and from CL quarter finalist, where we got throttled by Madrid, to a EL quarter final last year so it ain't that big of a flop. And that happened only once, it's not like we were regulars in the UCL, and then all of sudden...

Just nothing, absolutely nothing to get excited about anymore.

The regression has been astonishing.

Either our squad has deteriorated dramatically, or our coaching. Or both. My view is option 3.

Which ever, it's hard to stomach, or watch.

Well, we are a bit **** at the moment. But hell, I'll be there next Thursday and I'm looking forward to it. Yes, it will be 3-0 to them on the night but I hope we make a heck of a noise and enjoy some gallows humour.
And we can dream that one day we have a team who over-perform, rather than underperform.....one day :)

:) I obviously did. I'm being a little hyperbolic, but you have an agenda against him and it showed in 90% of your posts. I think Kaboul is FAR superior to Dawson. I think Dawson is mid table team quality!

It's sad you don't get it, and you obviously never will. If a player is at fault for 2 if the 3 goals..it doesn't matter about his "general play".

You might think Kaboul is better that's fine but when you come up with garbage statements like "kaboul showed tonight why he's a thousand times better than Dawson"...well it becomes a bit of a joke.

I think that we suffered from the same problem tonight as we have had for a while now. We have a very samey and green squad. We lack match winners and ideas. If a team can pack a defence, then we will struggle to find a way through and start to leave gaps or gift chances through loss of concentration.

I've seen clubs getting dissolved in that period, so we ain't doing to bad. We don't loose that often but when we do, we loose big. In comparison we have "fallen" from 4th to 5th, and from CL quarter finalist, where we got throttled by Madrid, to a EL quarter final last year so it ain't that big of a flop. And that happened only once, it's not like we were regulars in the UCL, and then all of sudden...

If you think we have'nt fallen "that" far then your kidding yourself. All the hard work of years gone by to get into the top 4, playing good football, with a team with genuine exciting players has been wrecked by the idiotic appointments of AVB and then Sherwood. We are further away from getting into the top 4 again then we were under Santini.

yeah, the blueprint for playing us right now is simple, no holes at the back and wait for us to gift you a goal

If you think we have'nt fallen "that" far then your kidding yourself. All the hard work of years gone by to get into the top 4, playing good football, with a team with genuine exciting players has been wrecked by the idiotic appointments of AVB and then Sherwood. We are further away from getting into the top 4 again then we were under Santini.

I disagree. Our squad is miles better than it was then. What we lack now is a bit of experience (oh what we could do with a Naybet right now) and some players who can unlock the door at the other end.

Totally I was astonished when we hired AVB. Cheap and desperate for another job springs to mind. Levy needs to shoulder some blame yes the club does well money wise but on the pitch we are going backwards fast total shambles

Back