• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Sherwood when results are going well in January: "I don't need to buy I'm happy with the squad"
Sherwood after a couple of ropey results in February & March: "Everythings wrong with the club, I can't trust the players, they're playing for their future, its not my fault guv"

Is he a winner, or is he just trying to blame everyone but himself?

perhaps he is both.

straight-jacket.jpg
Huddy baby...your at Hull..unfortunately!
The dilemma is ..you can have as many players as you like rolling up their sleeves...but if they hav,nt got the skill and tecnique ...they simply wont deliver ....
I want Tim to succeed Btw but we need good players and it might not be so wise to throw out some of the best. I,ll ..agree as a club we have been a soft touch for too long...this needs to change..but if Tim cannot regognise skill...then ...were back to square one........

You had to post this really late didnt you my little tinker...

ok what makes some of us say he is a winner...opinion I guess akin to yours that Sherwood is a waste of space.

we could argue about semantics but I guess its the way some of us view his personality...lots of ex teammates have given quotes as to his character but there isnt alot of point in dragging all those out. As a player in the dressing room he would call others out if they were not peforming or letting the side down, he was a motivator on the pitch...recognised as such he was made a captain...and captained a team to the epl title as you mentioned.

Now I dont think he had Keane's ability but perhaps shared his personality trait...you can imagine he could be hard to get on with but would speak his mind.

Now you dont rate tim...I have no issue with that...I reckon he could come good for us but who knows what will happen? Ledley was an amazing player...look what he did for Dawson when he was beside him...yes Id call him a winner...minus the injuries im sure he would have moved on to another club and fought for major honours...he was that good, which leads us to....

RSOL... yes he was a winner-for the other lot...like it or not yes he was...but lets not discuss his achievements for the other lot shall we.

I can see why the term 'tim is a winner' annoys you' he has done nothing for us at this point as a coach...I will wind my neck in from now on and say he has a hates losing mentality...if thats ok for you.

As for a long debate no need...we both understand players have different personalities...I dont need to explain to you that timmy is not the shy type.

Your great sir...I fully get you dont rate ol timmy. regardless of that he is the captain of the ship at the moment. what Im trying to say is I hope we get two wins this week and we can both send each other lovely messages on sunday evening....and that doesnt mean we have to agree Tim is the messiah...if we have a bad week I fully appreciate you will see Tim as a very naughty boy...and if poor results continue to come it wont matter what we think of timmy as Levy will find our new saviour this summer.

tumblr_m5i82qs3yg1rr7wnno1_400.jpg

http://threeandin.com/archives/36390? ..........
"Until you’re in the job as a manager, you don’t appreciate Aaron Lennon.

What he does out of possession probably makes him the best defensive player we have got on the pitch. He is so diligent. He recognises when to thicken up and when to put pressure on.

Aaron knows full well he wants to have more end product – maybe a different area of the field might benefit him."
................."But I’m certain that when you need to rely on someone, he’s on your teamsheet. He gives 100 per cent in every game and leaves nothing on the pitch.

He is such a physical specimen. For a small lad, his high-intensity runs, he gets back in, his desire – when you’re asking him to do all that, to then start saying ‘we want 20 goals or 15 assists’, it’s a bit much.

There is a balance, but when you’re looking for reliability he’s on your teamsheet.”

Said that for years, he's a right midfielder being judged against right wingers with no defensive responsibilities.

You had to post this really late didnt you my little tinker...

ok what makes some of us say he is a winner...opinion I guess akin to yours that Sherwood is a waste of space.

we could argue about semantics but I guess its the way some of us view his personality...lots of ex teammates have given quotes as to his character but there isnt alot of point in dragging all those out. As a player in the dressing room he would call others out if they were not peforming or letting the side down, he was a motivator on the pitch...recognised as such he was made a captain...and captained a team to the epl title as you mentioned.

Now I dont think he had Keane's ability but perhaps shared his personality trait...you can imagine he could be hard to get on with but would speak his mind.

Now you dont rate tim...I have no issue with that...I reckon he could come good for us but who knows what will happen? Ledley was an amazing player...look what he did for Dawson when he was beside him...yes Id call him a winner...minus the injuries im sure he would have moved on to another club and fought for major honours...he was that good, which leads us to....

RSOL... yes he was a winner-for the other lot...like it or not yes he was...but lets not discuss his achievements for the other lot shall we.

I can see why the term 'tim is a winner' annoys you' he has done nothing for us at this point as a coach...I will wind my neck in from now on and say he has a hates losing mentality...if thats ok for you.

As for a long debate no need...we both understand players have different personalities...I dont need to explain to you that timmy is not the shy type.

Your great sir...I fully get you dont rate ol timmy. regardless of that he is the captain of the ship at the moment. what Im trying to say is I hope we get two wins this week and we can both send each other lovely messages on sunday evening....and that doesnt mean we have to agree Tim is the messiah...if we have a bad week I fully appreciate you will see Tim as a very naughty boy...and if poor results continue to come it wont matter what we think of timmy as Levy will find our new saviour this summer.

Ok, i'll try and answer seriously...

Thanks for the post. I just think it's far too easy for people who like Tim and how he's going about making these nice speeches etc to label him a 'winner' because he's doing these things.

He's got a long way to go to be called that. Even AVB (someone who has not been involved in football as long as Tim, but has more medals) wouldn't be labelled as a 'winner'.

It just smacks of people looking for a simple reason/excuse to explain what was quite an unnecessary set of public blasts. When SAF/Wenger etc have done it they always timed it perfectly for when he knew they had a good chance of giving and showing a response (i.e. straightforward relatively easy fixtures). It's not like the players didn't put the effort in. The goals were down to mistakes not lack of effort. A very subtle difference imo.
In fact you could argue the 'winners' would have focused al that they said on the ref and how can we be getting such incompetent ref etc etc. And blast the players in the dressing room if need be. The real 'winner' managers usually do this.

The players could put all the effort in the world and on the day still get dingdonged by some of our upcoming opponents. What will Tim say then?

Anyway Nigey, let's hope we can send special love messages to each other on Sunday evening eh? MWAH MWAH

COYS

Thanks for the post. I just think it's far too easy for people who like Tim and how he's going about making these nice speeches etc to label him a 'winner' because he's doing these things.

He's got a long way to go to be called that. Even AVB (someone who has not been involved in football as long as Tim, but has more medals) wouldn't be labelled as a 'winner'.

It just smacks of people looking for a simple reason/excuse to explain what was quite an unnecessary set of public blasts. When SAF/Wenger etc have done it they always timed it perfectly for when he knew they had a good chance of giving and showing a response (i.e. straightforward relatively easy fixtures). It's not like the players didn't put the effort in. The goals were down to mistakes not lack of effort. A very subtle difference imo.
In fact you could argue the 'winners' would have focused al that they said on the ref and how can we be getting such incompetent ref etc etc. And blast the players in the dressing room if need be. The real 'winner' managers usually do this.

The players could put all the effort in the world and on the day still get dingdonged by some of our upcoming opponents. What will Tim say then?

Anyway Nigey, let's hope we can send special love messages to each other on Sunday evening eh? MWAH MWAH

COYS

good post.

what I would say that there is a possibility that his rants have a positive effect for our form for the climax of this season.

Sliding doors moment.....Its either the beginning of the end for tim or he has done what was needed to rocket fire our season...lets agree that two wins could have us bouncing come sunday. A win in the NLD could be a catalyst could be! F**K me we need some hope.

Lets observe a little longer and see if timmys ramblings are that of an unbalanced crazy man or a inspired timely kick in the go nads!!!

Either way I want some f**king glory this week!!!! I want this place buzzing come sunday!!! I can but only hope!

good post.

what I would say that there is a possibility that his rants have a positive effect for our form for the climax of this season.

Sliding doors moment.....Its either the beginning of the end for tim or he has done what was needed to rocket fire our season...lets agree that two wins could have us bouncing come sunday. A win in the NLD could be a catalyst could be! F**K me we need some hope.

Lets observe a little longer and see if timmys ramblings are that of an unbalanced crazy man or a inspired timely kick in the go nads!!!

Either way I want some f**king glory this week!!!! I want this place buzzing come sunday!!! I can but only hope!

You and me both, Nigey; You and me both [-o<

I always said I'd accept last week's collapse if we win on Sunday and get at least draw tomorrow...

Ideal Sunday is......

-Steff praising Verthonghen as a consumate professional and a wonderful human being.
-GB not mentioning LVG for......at least two hours
-Dubai Spur posting his lion King gif
-Huddy posting his Gattuso dancey man gif
-Milo getting excited
-KD being pleasant to everyone all evening....no blunt one liners
-Stinkfoot proclaims his love for me.
-Scaramanga hails timmy as a jolly good fellow.

maybe just maybe an NLD win could make these things happen! \o/

COYS

Nothing whatsoever to do with 'liking him' on my part mate, indeed, I think the man is ruthless, unscrupulous and would certainly not be my first choice for a mate! I found his power base at the club confusing in all honesty. But the fact remains he is ruthlessly ambitious (look at how long it's taken him to go from being an add-on to Harry's staff to getting a shot at first-team manager/coach) and also look at his wide influence behind the scenes. Blackburn? Regardless of 'financially doped' (I wonder if the same would be said about Keane behind Man Utd all those years?) Sherwood was the captain in a side with the likes of Shearer and Sutton. He is, at this point, whether anyone likes to admit it or not, the only person in the building who has won a Premier League title. So he is a winner and he is ambitious. It's beyond argument IMO.

The question becomes whether he is the right man going forward? Do we stick with him, give him what he wants and see what happens in the next 2-3 seasons? Or do we 'go Dutch glam' and push that boat out again, risking the possibility of high player turnover once again, and perhaps the ultimate problem of Levy not giving him what he really wants, him getting ****ed off and the whole thing being over within two seasons a la AVB?

Like him mate? Nah. Like Scara, I don't forget what he said about Hoddle and on Setanta. But this situation isn't about that...

Ideal Sunday is......

-Steff praising Verthonghen as a consumate professional and a wonderful human being.
-GB not mentioning LVG for......at least two hours
-Dubai Spur posting his lion King gif
-Huddy posting his Gattuso dancey man gif
-Milo getting excited
-KD being pleasant to everyone all evening....no blunt one liners
-Stinkfoot proclaims his love for me.
-Scaramanga hails timmy as a jolly good fellow.

maybe just maybe an NLD win could make these things happen! \o/

Jan Vertonghen…a consumate professional and a wonderful human being.

I love him!

Nothing whatsoever to do with 'liking him' on my part mate, indeed, I think the man is ruthless, unscrupulous and would certainly not be my first choice for a mate! I found his power base at the club confusing in all honesty. But the fact remains he is ruthlessly ambitious (look at how long it's taken him to go from being an add-on to Harry's staff to getting a shot at first-team manager/coach) and also look at his wide influence behind the scenes. Blackburn? Regardless of 'financially doped' (I wonder if the same would be said about Keane behind Man Utd all those years?) Sherwood was the captain in a side with the likes of Shearer and Sutton. He is, at this point, whether anyone likes to admit it or not, the only person in the building who has won a Premier League title. So he is a winner and he is ambitious. It's beyond argument IMO.

The question becomes whether he is the right man going forward? Do we stick with him, give him what he wants and see what happens in the next 2-3 seasons? Or do we 'go Dutch glam' and push that boat out again, risking the possibility of high player turnover once again, and perhaps the ultimate problem of Levy not giving him what he really wants, him getting ****ed off and the whole thing being over within two seasons a la AVB?

Like him mate? Nah. Like Scara, I don't forget what he said about Hoddle and on Setanta. But this situation isn't about that...

I think there'd be a much higher player turnover with Timmeh that with LVG. Timmeh wants to bring in a whole set of 'character' players, whereas LVG could give direction to our very technical but pliable group.

I think there are two types of winners,

Your Maldini succesful inspiration types who players look up to and like you and your terry Cyounextuesday types who players are scared to let down because they'd get a gonad*ing from them ( I myself wouldn't consider this type of person a winner though, just a plain arsehole). This ultimately translates to management style. Sherwood is more in the Terry category and unless you have subservient players it will be hard to win over the whole squad; players will play well for managers they like and not put in effort if they don't like the manager. Our group of players are young and require someone they can look up to and feel supported by, not someone who lacks confidence in them. I think Sherwoods relative inexperience and ergo no managerial success also makes it hard for players to respect him.

Not sure about that one Steff; Hasn't Verts won titles and captained Ajax in doing so? If we had Tony Gale on our coaching staff would he be labelled as a 'winner' as well? He played for Blackburn as well in that year.

If Sherwood really was a 'winner' how is it that he was part of their big nosedive after that before joining us? Apart from Leeds at the start of the PL, has another club made a more woeful defence of their PL title (1st to 7th)?
Ambitious? Yes. Ruthless? Yes. Winner? Jury still out

Sherwood when results are going well in January: "I don't need to buy I'm happy with the squad"
Sherwood after a couple of ropey results in February & March: "Everythings wrong with the club, I can't trust the players, they're playing for their future, its not my fault guv"

Is he a winner, or is he just trying to blame everyone but himself?

Bingo!

He is just like Redknapp. Talks the talk, but what he cares about the most is making himself look good. Not so much a winner as a bad loser.

Not sure about that one Steff; Hasn't Verts won titles and captained Ajax in doing so? If we had Tony Gale on our coaching staff would he be labelled as a 'winner' as well? He played for Blackburn as well in that year.

If Sherwood really was a 'winner' how is it that he was part of their big nosedive after that before joining us? Apart from Leeds at the start of the PL, has another club made a more woeful defence of their PL title (1st to 7th)?
Ambitious? Yes. Ruthless? Yes. Winner? Jury still out

I should've been exact. Not 'a' premiership title, THE premiership title. He wants to win. Again, I don't particularly like what I know of him...

Are you being serious?

yes, i think those players have the mentality and work ethic that Sherwood seems to crave. A mixture of youth and experience, i think TS would love that set up

yes, i think those players have the mentality and work ethic that Sherwood seems to crave. A mixture of youth and experience, i think TS would love that set up

I don't understand your point here. Maybe he would have loved that line-up, but chuck in Hoddle, Jennings and Greaves too and I'm sure he would've been over the moon.

Sherwood is what he is, but he's not mentally retarded, borderline maybe, but not completely.

Reports earlier in the week were saying that Sherwood rates Eriksen. I think that it is too easy to say English manager will want to sign English cloggers but we've got no idea whether that is what he wants.

The one thing about Sherwood which has not ever been fully broached, is that he is a winner. He wants to win. Badly. He is ruthlessly ambitious and somewhat relentless in going for what he wants. He is a terrible loser, and as such, everything we're seeing now is a result of those instincts (however feral he might've been in the initial expression).

I have no idea what he would do long-term, and neither do any of us because he's been operating with one hand tied behind his back. With free reign? Who knows?

One thing I found laughable was Pleat c unting him on the Monday Night Club; Pleat, who after being a nearly man at this club off the back of another manager's squad, came back a few times to be a cloying custodian with the balls of a eunoch. At least Sherwood stands for something, and if he does not retain the job for whatever reasons, he's done a good 'outing' for the next one...

Agreed ... And personally those are the traits of the man I want in charge of our club. All successful managers in England are terrible losers (SAF, Whinger, Cloughie, the Scottish guy that made Liverscum a European powerhouse, mourinho, etc etc).

Nice guys win **** all.

Last edited:
Back