• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherwood has setup us up 4-4-2 more often than not since he's taken over at the club, you're telling me that say Ade's form does it's usual and vanishes, and Soldado keeps misfiring or one of them gets injured or even both, your happy for our youth Strikers to fill their shoes?

Your idea of 2 senior Strikers works only if we play one up top for the remainder of the season and the younger replacements have the quality and experience to backup those senior players which frankly ours don't at present.

I've said before, but I think he's done making his point about being the anti-AVB and will settle on a more sensible formation now.

Blimey if he plays two up tonight City could hit double figures.

Woohoo. I've missed Saha-esque signings.

Now who can we get to be Ryan Nelson? Rio Ferdinand maybe?

Nelsen was actually quite useful when we had him, I don't really see the downside in this. If Berbatov does sulk and cause problems in the dressing room we can tell him to **** off. If he doesn't then we have a like for like cover with Ade. We have played 4-4-2 an awful lot you really think we can go the rest of the season without an injury to any of our strikers?

And Kane and Coulthirst should not even be considered if we are serious about 4th place or higher

I am a huge fan of Holtby as well and think we should keep hold of him but atm he is not around the first 11 so game time with Fulham helps him as well

I've said before, but I think he's done making his point about being the anti-AVB and will settle on a more sensible formation now.

Blimey if he plays two up tonight City could hit double figures.

Agreed it would be suicide to play 4-4-2 tonight but in the run in I expect we will see a lot of it against teams that are in the lower half. It has proven very productive especially getting more players attacking the ball in the box

Agreed it would be suicide to play 4-4-2 tonight but in the run in I expect we will see a lot of it against teams that are in the lower half. It has proven very productive especially getting more players attacking the ball in the box

Some of you lot get WAY too concerned about formations..... Sherwood's "4-4-2" has had one of the two up front dropping deep and the so called left midfielder/winger playing in virtually a free role.

I can remember back in the Germany World Cup Martin Jol being the guest journalist in one of the broadsheets and he said that we were too concerned about formations in this country. He said that instead of considering set positions instead just consider the team to have an attacking unit and a defensive unit. He went on to talk about whether teams played a 8/3, 7/4 or 6/5 split. I think he suggested that England played a 10/1 split (hence the poor performance) and that Brazil were the most attacking unit playing a 5/6 split (or something like that).

Nelsen was actually quite useful when we had him, I don't really see the downside in this. If Berbatov does sulk and cause problems in the dressing room we can tell him to **** off. If he doesn't then we have a like for like cover with Ade. We have played 4-4-2 an awful lot you really think we can go the rest of the season without an injury to any of our strikers?

And Kane and Coulthirst should not even be considered if we are serious about 4th place or higher

I am a huge fan of Holtby as well and think we should keep hold of him but atm he is not around the first 11 so game time with Fulham helps him as well

Agree massively with this.

Soldado and Adebayor = 1st choice strikers
Berbatov = Experienced back-up capable of doing a job.

We don't want to get to a place where we are relying on Kane to play in big matches. Think there could be a future there, but Berba gives us a solid 6-month cover that won't upset Ade and Soldado.

I wouldn't be looking to bench Ade or Soldado just to appease Berbatov. But he's a useful bench player who gives us an experienced and talented option in certain situations. Fondly remember the menace he posed in set pieces - when the cudgel wasn't working he'd offer the stiletto.

Holtby going to Fulham looks to be a useful move. Probably get a starting role and be an excited and energetic addition, eager to impress. Which will be something Berbatov might not be able to offer a relegation-battling side, given his time and place in the game.

Apart from giving Spurs a local away game, keeping Fulham out of relegation is something I'm all in favour of if it comes at West Ham's expense.

No no no and thrice no. I don't want him back. We need a team player capable of working hard for the team and bringing a team ethos with them. That isn't Berbs now for sure.

For me, the search of the ultimate team in terms of player make up will only ever end in lack of success. I think Suarez is everything that's bad about the game but stone me I would take him in a heartbeat tomorrow.

Berbatov would improve our team and our chances of winning games...for that reason, I am in

I guess there may be an added bonus if Holtby does not go to Schalke. They might be less likely to move Draxler on if they had no replacement lined up. Yes I'm straw clutching.

No. Again, no f*cking way. If Levy makes this deal, most of my faith in his ability to discern the popular mood will vanish.

I want him. One of the best players I've ever seen play for us and he will make its better.

Dimitar Berbatov’s agent has stationed himself in London in an attempt to seal a return to Tottenham Hotspur. (Telegraph)

Danchev is such a... danchev.

Dimitar Berbatov’s agent has stationed himself in London in an attempt to seal a return to Tottenham Hotspur. (Telegraph)

Danchev is such a... danchev.
Stationed himself in London ..... where Berbatov currently plays (sic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back