• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Badger's Hole (ITK Thread)

It'll be a different story after City obliterate us. In Feb and March we've got some hard fixtures again after this winter lull we've had.

But we're rudderless and are infighting. Even our far superior squad doesn't compensate for that.

So we throw away half a season's work when we're still well in touch with 4th?

It's not like we're underachieving in comparison to previous seasons.

Evidence for infighting?

jackanory.jpg

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showth...e-(ITK-Thread)?p=498401&viewfull=1#post498401

To add to the speculation…I suspect that the 'senior discontent' we're hearing about is actually something which has been building for a while and has little to do with managers more than what was 'sold' to them. Think about Soldado. He was pitched a Spurs where Bale was staying for one more season, he would've seen/heard about the great Baldini/AVB collaboration, he'd have heard about the style and service of play/he'd be seeing. Yet here we are, it's the New Year and things have not gone according to the plan pitched. I'd say 'senior discontent' is no surprise if you apply this model. Now, I'm not saying Sherwood is doing himself massive favors with interviews such as those he's giving, but it's clear he has no problem making tough decisions. This in itself upsets players. So right now, I would speculate that we are simply seeing the sort of antsy overspill from a season gone weird that would emanate from any club going through similar. Footballers are flippant. If we end up heading into April in the top 4, things will have changed massively. If we don't there will be a crisis.

I think the senior players who might be discontented about AVB leaving might want to ask him if he felt he was genuinely pushed out, or if it was a mutual parting of ways.

I don't see Liverpool as a rival. Longer term we're well ahead of them, but shorter term we won't get near them. Everton and United are our rivals for 5-7th this season.

Laughable. Won't get near them! They coasted to a satisfying home draw with Villa yesterday, they weren't even pushing hard for the win.

Playing Villa, settling for a draw and not pushing hard for a win.... casting CL hopes adrift... hmm, now where have I seen that before! Let's hope that it bites them, as it did us when we screwed up what should have been a very telling win against Villa.

Playing Villa, settling for a draw and not pushing hard for a win.... casting CL hopes adrift... hmm, now where have I seen that before! Let's hope that it bites them, as it did us when we screwed up what should have been a very telling win against Villa.

Not to derail thread, but Villa walked through them time and time again in the first half.

People don't get it, Gerrard/Sturridge/Suarez in the same side unbalances them, they played much better with the injuries.

The main problem is that Gerrard isn't a defender, and yet needs if be if he's going to take up a more defensive role. He completely lost Weiman for the goal. They, like us, need a defensive enforcer to protect the defence, not a 'quarter back' who plays pretty passes but can go missing defensively.

I don't see them as a rival. Longer term we're well ahead of them, but shorter term we won't get near them. Everton and United are our rivals for 5-7th this season. Next season we should be pushing Arsenal and Chelsea for 2nd.

Oh GHod, I've seen this sort of meltdown from you before but this seems worse! Playing out the future in your mind with a complete refusal to acknowledge reality!! Its an amazing talent but one you should put to more use then writing nonsense on football forums….kids books could be an option?

[Update 20] The Goat on Holtby

Who: The Goat
When: 18th January
Where: SC

The Goat said: ↑
The Goat is hearing that Mark Hughes has taken a keen interest in borrowing Lewis Holtby.

[Update 20] The Goat on Holtby

Who: The Goat
When: 18th January
Where: SC

The Goat said: ↑
The Goat is hearing that Mark Hughes has taken a keen interest in borrowing Lewis Holtby.

I can call this as 100% ********.

Stoke already have their maximum two players in on loan - the league rules mean this is just not possible.

I can call this as 100% ********.

Stoke already have their maximum two players in on loan - the league rules mean this is just not possible.

Couldn't they cancel one of their loans? A club is allowed 4 within a season, just no more than 2 at the same time (emergencies notwithstanding)

Back