• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Good game, definitely seems to be adapting/improving.

we need one more in the middle/wide/front on that level of intelligent touch

Anyone who doubted him clearly didn't know much about football outside of England. He is one of those youngsters who has the potential to be in the top 20 players of his footballing generation. He had bad luck with injuries which is why we didn't see him much with AVB, but he is having a good run now. Lets hope that Lamela gets the same chance.

Anyone who doubted him clearly didn't know much about football outside of England. He is one of those youngsters who has the potential to be in the top 20 players of his footballing generation. He had bad luck with injuries which is why we didn't see him much with AVB, but he is having a good run now. Lets hope that Lamela gets the same chance.

tickle my balls with a feather. I remember my Utd and gooner supporting mates agreeing with me a few months that Eriksen was as bog a coup as Lloris and Vertonghen, been known since circa 2010. Was doing back flips when he signed, always thought he'd go Dortmund or City.

One of the minute-by-minute updates on a major newspaper website(forget which) said he 'turned sexually'.

Didn't really get his end away with the final shot.

Looks a steal at what we paid for him, especially when you take his age into account. Can't believe United didn't try and get him (I'm glad though!)

One of the minute-by-minute updates on a major newspaper website(forget which) said he 'turned sexually'.

Didn't really get his end away with the final shot.

Turned sexually. I like that ;)

Williams recovered quite quickly and I think Eriksen's second touch actually let him down a bit so the space that was there wasn't really exploited. With the backheel from Lennon to set him up it would have been an outstanding goal if Eriksen could have found the right finish.

What Eriksen certainly is showing is that if we find him in a bit of space in the final third he has the ability to produce something a bit special. And we seem alright at actually finding him in that final third at the moment.

I loved how he casually set up Rose to sprint forward before the 3-0 goal. Many players would have run with the ball themselves instead in that situation - much more effective to pass the ball to a teammate in full sprint.

His pass to set up Ade was also magnificent - look at the replays, how he first sets up Lennon, then positions himself, looks around several times to see what's happening around him, so that when he gets the ball back, he knows that Ade is coming and simply whips it in. Although "simply" is probably a wrong choice of word, because that's not an easy cross to make, but he made it look very easy. Perfectly executed! =D>

Currently very excited about Eriksen's progress.

I loved how he casually set up Rose to sprint forward before the 3-0 goal. Many players would have run with the ball themselves instead in that situation - much more effective to pass the ball to a teammate in full sprint.

His pass to set up Ade was also magnificent - look at the replays, how he first sets up Lennon, then positions himself, looks around several times to see what's happening around him, so that when he gets the ball back, he knows that Ade is coming and simply whips it in. Although "simply" is probably a wrong choice of word, because that's not an easy cross to make, but he made it look very easy. Perfectly executed! =D>

Currently very excited about Eriksen's progress.

They highlighted that on Norwegian telly, a sign of real quality to mange to keep yourself informed of what's going on around you like that. He has shown similar awareness earlier in the season too.

Eriksen could become absolutely massive for us. Delighted that we have him in our team.

Someone retweeted Adrian Durham on to my twitter and he is saying he feels Eriksen is better than Ozil. He is probably trying to wind gooners up but in reality I think Erkisen has the ability to become Ozils level and better. He will be the most sought after midfielder in Europe in the next 5 years in my opinion. The kid is special.

Someone retweeted Adrian Durham on to my twitter and he is saying he feels Eriksen is better than Ozil. He is probably trying to wind gooners up but in reality I think Erkisen has the ability to become Ozils level and better. He will be the most sought after midfielder in Europe in the next 5 years in my opinion. The kid is special.

That is an interesting comparison. Maybe about 1 month ago Ozil would have won it hands down. But Ozil has gone very quiet in recent matches while Eriksen has done much better recently. Ozil has only 1 assist and no goals in his last 5 league matches, while Eriksen has 3 goals and 2 assists in his last 5 matches. In total, Ozil has 4 goals and 7 assists in 17 matches, while Eriksen has 3 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches. Ofcourse Ozil has more experience as he is 26 this year while Eriksen is only 22.

Had huge doubts about Eriksen when we signed him but he looks very promising now. He reminds me more and more of Modric when we first signed him. In fact, Eriksen has given us more contributions than Modric in his first 13 matches. IIRC, Modric had no goals or assists in his first 13 matches for us. Hope Eriksen will continue to improve.

That is an interesting comparison. Maybe about 1 month ago Ozil would have won it hands down. But Ozil has gone very quiet in recent matches while Eriksen has done much better recently. Ozil has only 1 assist and no goals in his last 5 league matches, while Eriksen has 3 goals and 2 assists in his last 5 matches. In total, Ozil has 4 goals and 7 assists in 17 matches, while Eriksen has 3 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches. Ofcourse Ozil has more experience as he is 26 this year while Eriksen is only 22.

Had huge doubts about Eriksen when we signed him but he looks very promising now. He reminds me more and more of Modric when we first signed him. In fact, Eriksen has given us more contributions than Modric in his first 13 matches. IIRC, Modric had no goals or assists in his first 13 matches for us. Hope Eriksen will continue to improve.

Ozil has moments of class but has been a passenger in a lot of arsenal games. He does whoever have key contributions which is why his stats are very good. For me he has been outshine this season by at least both centre backs, Slimey in goal and Ramsey and Giroud in midfield/attack. I'd even say that. Rosicky has looked better

What he has done is give them a bit of a push to think there a great side (which they are showing) and that's something you can't put a value on. He hasn't offered anything extra on the pitch though and there to rumoured to be paying him £200k plus a week not the reported £140k

Eriksen for me is perfect for us and were perfect for him at the moment and Sherwood is doing his best to get him to fit in which is something AVB didn't appear to do so as much. Long may his good form continue

Eriksen makes me feel better about the Lamela fee. I look at it as getting Eriksen and Lamela for £40m.

Eriksen makes me feel better about the Lamela fee. I look at it as getting Eriksen and Lamela for £40m.

What has happened? Yesterday it was Nigeyman and today you being super optimistic and glass half full. I am a fan of such thinking, so keep it up. On topic, Eriksen could end up being the central part of the Tottenham Hotspur Machine Marching Forward To,,,

Ozil has moments of class but has been a passenger in a lot of arsenal games. He does whoever have key contributions which is why his stats are very good. For me he has been outshine this season by at least both centre backs, Slimey in goal and Ramsey and Giroud in midfield/attack. I'd even say that. Rosicky has looked better

What he has done is give them a bit of a push to think there a great side (which they are showing) and that's something you can't put a value on. He hasn't offered anything extra on the pitch though and there to rumoured to be paying him £200k plus a week not the reported £140k

Eriksen for me is perfect for us and were perfect for him at the moment and Sherwood is doing his best to get him to fit in which is something AVB didn't appear to do so as much. Long may his good form continue

I agree. He has given them a lift more than anything. Like you say, on the pitch he hasn't done enough really to justify the £40m price tag but if they win the title then it would have been worth it. He goes missing in the big games, always did for Madrid, does the same for Germany too.

i watched him in the spam game (jesus wept) and they bullied him. Im sure as ajax strode to title after title he never encountered that. The thing that got to me was he went missing big time - never wanted the ball through fear. Creative players - important players can have off games - but the dont go missing - always trusting they can do something. How often you see top players have poor games then in the 87th minute make something happen sore or create a goal. Then the praise is due.

But he bottled it. I hope during his time out hes thought, right if im gonna make it this is what its all about. Talent undoubted yeh but i hope hes mentally got the gist of what strength is required.

OT - paulino the same, total bottle job on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine goal in the middle of the park. After that he just ran in a circle from our half the the edge of their box kind of holding his hands out to say gimme the ball but never really wanting it. Your always marked in the final third and he never DEMANDED the ball. Classic case of going through the motions.

i hope the pair have got an understanding of what is required in this league - its more than talent - its stature.

Back