• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Depends who we think is going to have the higher ceiling, either way though unless we get a load of injuries TS' system doesn't require either of them unless Eriksen picks up an injury. If that does happen then I'd rather have Holtby fill in as Carroll hasn't been setting the world alight down in the championship.

I think stability is the most important thing. Holtby hasn't had a chance to settle. If someone wants to pay £5m + for him, I'm sure we'll let him go as we have too many similar players.

So do people think replacing Holtby with Carroll at this point of the season would be a good thing?

Only thing that makes sense at this stage would be a loan to a German club for the remainder of the season. Granted I rate him highly, but I wouldn't even sell him for 13-14m at this point.

Give him more game time, a chance to get into the German national squad, and when we get a new manager in the summer, let him have a look at our squad. I am still holding out hope for some one like de Boer to come in the summer especially if we get Champs league, and I think the likes of Holtby, Eriksen, Siggy, Carroll, and Bentaleb would really thrive under him.

Only thing that makes sense at this stage would be a loan to a German club for the remainder of the season. Granted I rate him highly, but I wouldn't even sell him for 13-14m at this point.

Give him more game time, a chance to get into the German national squad, and when we get a new manager in the summer, let him have a look at our squad. I am still holding out hope for some one like de Boer to come in the summer especially if we get Champs league, and I think the likes of Holtby, Eriksen, Siggy, Carroll, and Bentaleb would really thrive under him.

Maybe. He needs structure. Too often he's running around like a little nutta. Its endearing, but not effective.

Holtby's agent: "Lewis is not happy with current situation at Tottenham. We are looking around to find solution in this market in January.”

Holtby's agent: "Lewis is not happy with current situation at Tottenham. We are looking around to find solution in this market in January.”

Who is happy. Absolute shambles.

Need to park him somewhere safe out of harms way and bring him back when business starts again in the summer

Need to park him somewhere safe out of harms way and bring him back when business starts again in the summer

The majority of the fans who are happy with the brand of attacking football and 13 points from 15, Levy, the players who are performing. Oh that was rhetorical?

btw GB you've been asked by two people on the Sherwood thread to point out where Sherwood said Pochettino has no experience etc etc?

Holtby's just not that good. Has a lot of enthusiasm and seems like a great guy but he's not a lot more than "tidy".

Holtby's just not that good. Has a lot of enthusiasm and seems like a great guy but he's not a lot more than "tidy".

Exactly. It's Sherwood's fault that Holtby has absolutely zero sense of his position and plays the game like it's a pub game. Not to say he's not talented, but the guy is means to be playing number 10 role but is usually on every part of the pitch bar his rightful position, which is supporting the striker.

He was given a chance against West Brom and was nothing short of diabolical. Unlike the previous manager, who played players even after a string of bad games, Sherwood didn't like what he saw and slam dunked him to the bench/stands. No messing about, straight dropped.

The majority of the fans who are happy with the brand of attacking football and 13 points from 15, Levy, the players who are performing. Oh that was rhetorical?

btw GB you've been asked by two people on the Sherwood thread to point out where Sherwood said Pochettino has no experience etc etc?

I thought I said qualified, rather than experienced. It was this whole pea****ing ********:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Pochettino-Spurs-job-harder-Southampton.html

Last edited:

Holtby's got everything apart from a little discipline in his positioning. He's shown flashes of brilliance that no one in the squad except Lamela is capable of.

Wait, what? Sherwood has been in charge for a grand total of 7 games. AVB had Holtby for around a year, over however many games.

If Holtby is unhappy, it will be because of how he feels he's been treated over the dozens of games he could have featured in over the past year, as opposed to the 7 he could have in the past month.

Holtby's got everything apart from a little discipline in his positioning. He's shown flashes of brilliance that no one in the squad except Lamela is capable of.

Which is one of the key component to being a good number 10. What good is an attacking midfielder if he's wondering around in the DM position. He can be as skilful, as creative as he wants but if he's never in the right position, he becomes a hinderance as he isolates the striker.

Ah that's right, you said:

"Although a bit ironic he criticising another coach for not being qualified enough".

So which part is him criticising for not being qualified? please point me to the paragraph you're referring to because i've read it 5 times and still can't see it?

The whole thing. Why the **** is he even talking about him. It's like an ugly girl ****ging off a fit girl she doesn't know by calling her bitchy.

Which is one of the key component to being a good number 10. What good is an attacking midfielder if he's wondering around in the DM position. He can be as skilful, as creative as he wants but if he's never in the right position, he becomes a hinderance as he isolates the striker.

I see him playing in Dembele's position longer term - a deeper sitting ball player. I think it's a shame to waste his industry too far up the pitch.

Ok so your issue is him talking about Pochettino and nothing to do with "criticising him for not being qualified".

Regarding Holtby, the way you see him isn't the way our previous manager saw him. He had countless opportunities to play him in a deeper role but didn't even try it out in Europa games. He played once in a deeper role under Sherwood and was shocking. Yes he could possibly play that role in a midfield 3 but i'm not holding my breath.

Ok so your issue is him talking about Pochettino and nothing to do with "criticising him for not being qualified".

Regarding Holtby, the way you see him isn't the way our previous manager saw him. He had countless opportunities to play him in a deeper role but didn't even try it out in Europa games. He played once in a deeper role under Sherwood and was shocking. Yes he could possibly play that role in a midfield 3 but i'm not holding my breath.

The flat midfield 3 is the key thing for me.

I still think it was only Rose's injury that prevented AVB from going to 4-3-3, and ultimately cost him his job. 4-3-3 is what our whole squad is set-up to play.

Gutterboy...
Thats an incredible statement, even coming from you. I like Holtby but I'm not convinced he has that extra bit of class that say Erickson has, and if any one has shown flashes of brilliance its Erickson.
Im supportive of holtby but he simply hasn't done enough for anyone to make such a statement about him.

Back