• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

TS will be Spurs manager this time next year IMO. Note I said MANAGER because he is managing Spurs assets correctly.

wait

if sherwood gets the sack from this post...does he leave the club entirely? or does he get his old post?

LOL

okay if TIM SHERWOOD buys 5 players in the summer, then if we dont achieve the goals we want to next year then that is one him. he is not only wasting money but he is delaying the clubs ambition for an entire season

i wont be calling for anyone's head that close in but responsibility falls with TIM SHERWOOD if he does something that is detrimental to the team

with the DoF though its not Sherwood buying (and selling) players, its Baldini and Levy

i think sherwood is gone no matter what he does to be honest.....i think even if we got something like 3rd he would still be given the boot

infact i think him getting third would expedite his removal from that position seeing how cuthroat levy can be

think about it, sherwood blows open the whole door to possibilities again, now would be the time to strike...get in that big time coach ...get in those big time players

true, I felt we should have moved to try and get Mourinho when his Madrid discontent first became public

i think sherwood is gone no matter what he does to be honest.....i think even if we got something like 3rd he would still be given the boot

infact i think him getting third would expedite his removal from that position seeing how cuthroat levy can be

think about it, sherwood blows open the whole door to possibilities again, now would be the time to strike...get in that big time coach ...get in those big time players

I dunno...Levy must love this guy to have given him the gig in the first place. Can you imagine the love if Sherwood actually does really well? It's different to having Redknapp here imo, as that was someone who Levy was never at ease with (and he only appointed him in a desperate situation). Sherwood, seemingly, has Levy's ear.

If Sherwood can get us to finish fourth or fifth, I would think that it would be very difficult for Levy to get shot of him in the summer.

All of the gossip from the club is that Sherwood is really rated. We know that the club rebuffed a bid from Blackburn to make him manager last year and possibly Swindon this year. Sherwood seems like a confident and self assured man, I doubt that he let the club do that, only to be appointed our interim manager.

I think to a certain extent D Levy 'trusts' Tim Sherwood, maybe not enough to give him that 10 year contract that timmy wanted...but the 18 month contract says to me that Levy trusts him enough to 'give him a chance'.....I think Levy will be scarred by certain appointments and has had his faith shook by the AVB saga. The 18 months says to me here's your opportunity but I will make contingency plans if things dont go well.

The fact that Tim & Levy get on could be a major plus point for us fans, they have years worth of discussions behind them means they hopefully have a bond and will work effectively together to ensure we keep progressing...imagine if timmy goes to Levy and demands another striker.....maybe he will curry Levy's favour where others have failed...of course I think Baldini is the interesting factor in all of this going by he was the previous managers wish.

I do think Tim could work for us....I really do......but I dont even think we will be able to properly judge him for a while.....what I mean is that say he finishes 4th and does well in the second half of the season.....he could mess up pre-season and so on...he needs to be judged on a pre-season and how we start the next season.....lets see what his planning skills are like.

Obviously if things dont go well in the near future Levy has room to manouvere and act in the summer to appoint a new manager.

In my eyes I will judge Tim by the following:
1) Can he get us defending better...dealing with set-pieces and so on.
2) Can he and gk coach get Hugo back to better form
3) Can he get us playing a fluid style that makes use of our star players qualities
4) does he have a plan B if plan A fails
5 Can he get our strikers scoring (something which is crucial for 2nd half this season) goals regulary

Tim has worked with young players for a while now including some who have stepped up from the youth teams under him.....look at the young players we have at our disposal...Walker(can he get him to be more productive when he ventures forward and puts in crosses, can he improve his defensive positioning?) Danny Rose (same as Walker) Vlad - can he get him up to speed with the English game while utilising his playing out from the back qualities? Eriksen,Lamela,Holtby,Bentaleb,Carrol,Townsend,Kane....can he bring out the best from these youngsters? while improving the 25+ year olds game as well? will he keep Verts & Sandro, Pauli & Chadli happy?

The challenge is there and imo the potential we have is very good. Tim is definitly being given a chance by Levy and it will be interesting seeing how it all plays out.

I think to a certain extent D Levy 'trusts' Tim Sherwood, maybe not enough to give him that 10 year contract that timmy wanted...

To be fair, I am sure that Sherwood was taking the **** when he was talking about wanting a 10 year contract.

To be fair, I am sure that Sherwood was taking the **** when he was talking about wanting a 10 year contract.

I dont....I think he was stating what he wanted!! maybe a public display of how much he trusts himself to do a job for us........I believed thats what he wants........obviously he isnt going to get that...I didnt smell any bull when he made that statement...to me it showed commitment to wanting the job at the club.. nothing wrong with that.

I dont....I think he was stating what he wanted!! maybe a public display of how much he trusts himself to do a job for us........I believed thats what he wants........obviously he isnt going to get that...I didnt smell any bull when he made that statement...to me it showed commitment to wanting the job at the club.. nothing wrong with that.

Nah. I'm sure that he would love one if it was offered but I do not think it was a serious suggestion

He was obviously just exaggerating to make a point, he was never demanding or expecting a ten year contract...

If Sherwood can get us to finish fourth or fifth, I would think that it would be very difficult for Levy to get shot of him in the summer.

All of the gossip from the club is that Sherwood is really rated. We know that the club rebuffed a bid from Blackburn to make him manager last year and possibly Swindon this year. Sherwood seems like a confident and self assured man, I doubt that he let the club do that, only to be appointed our interim manager.

Agreed.

And with all the reports of Sherwood being highly rated it would make little sense to **** him off with a 18 month contract only to give him the boot after half a season if he reaches the targets set for the club at the start of the season.

there is very little that sherwood can do to keep this job.

sherwood wont be coaching us next year

Why do you think that? What do you think of the points that I and braineclipse made about him being rated by the club and us rebuffing bids for him? What is in it for Sherwood to allow him to be treated like you think he will be?

ok put it this way..... I dont know how Tim feels about our club in relation to me..... I support the club its in my heart and etched deep into my soul......

I would have no problems saying if I was a player 'I want to stay forever' have to drag me out kicking and screaming' If I was a manager I would say 'I want a ten year contract, I want to build something amazing here that stands the tests of time'

Now of course I dont really know how Tim feels about THFC...for all I know he may well be a devout goon.......though he has played for us and been a part of the club in a coaching capacity for five years....so I expect he holds some affection to the club.

He strikes me as a man who is self assured bordering on what some might say is arrogant.... so when he said 'I want a ten year contract' I firmly believe that was him being genuine with a little undertone message to D Levy as well.... of course he wasnt demanding or expecting this......merely showing us all he believes in himself and his capabilities to make us better.

If he wins the title and Dawson is the proud captain lifting the trophy aloft??????

That would put us both in a bit of a predicament wouldnt it?:)

ok put it this way..... I dont know how Tim feels about our club in relation to me..... I support the club its in my heart and etched deep into my soul......

I would have no problems saying if I was a player 'I want to stay forever' have to drag me out kicking and screaming' If I was a manager I would say 'I want a ten year contract, I want to build something amazing here that stands the tests of time'

Now of course I dont really know how Tim feels about THFC...for all I know he may well be a devout goon.......though he has played for us and been a part of the club in a coaching capacity for five years....so I expect he holds some affection to the club.

He strikes me as a man who is self assured bordering on what some might say is arrogant.... so when he said 'I want a ten year contract' I firmly believe that was him being genuine with a little undertone message to D Levy as well.... of course he wasnt demanding or expecting this......merely showing us all he believes in himself and his capabilities to make us better.

Considering the average tenure of the football managers, I doubt anyone going into management is looking beyond the first couple of years.

Considering the average tenure of the football managers, I doubt anyone going into management is looking beyond the first couple of years.

No of course not.....If your a smart manager you take care of the here and now and also make plans for the future.

I would love to have a manager that lasted......no it doesnt have to be timmy because although I want him to have his chance I am as unsure about him as the next guy.

I think he can plan for a bit if things go well.....we are a cusp club...potentially we can hit the big time or fall to obscurity. yes there are more tempting jobs out there than managing us but not bucket loads....I see no reason why we cant at least have a manager for 5 years...if they are good enough........ground on the way (hopefully) world class facilities bags of young potential, solid senior pro's.....Baldini's contact's.....maybe or maybe not timmy but I see no reason why a half decent manager couldnt hang around with us for 5 years......

true, I felt we should have moved to try and get Mourinho when his Madrid discontent first became public

We made inquiries and the answer was he would only consider it if we were in the CL and he had a transfer budget.

Back