• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I think we could have sorted out the problems with the 4231 with some tweeks to players positioning with regards to supporting the striker. 442 has suddenly seen us getting men in the box for crosses, likely because two strikers are better than one for this sort of situation. If we had managed to get our #8 or #10 into the box alongside Soldado more often as well as the other wide forward ghosting in at the back post, then we would have seen more goals.

I think we could have sorted out the problems with the 4231 with some tweeks to players positioning with regards to supporting the striker. 442 has suddenly seen us getting men in the box for crosses, likely because two strikers are better than one for this sort of situation. If we had managed to get our #8 or #10 into the box alongside Soldado more often as well as the other wide forward ghosting in at the back post, then we would have seen more goals.

Exactly this; it's about how you play the system and the flexibility of the widemen that counts. A flat 4-4-2, even a wonky is defunct playing against modern 3 man midfields due to the opposition spare man being an extra option.

Exactly this; it's about how you play the system and the flexibility of the widemen that counts. A flat 4-4-2, even a wonky is defunct playing against modern 3 man midfields due to the opposition spare man being an extra option.

He's won 3 and drawn 1 of 4 league games, and he has 3 games to save his job? For losing to Arsenal... away... in the cup?

Nah.

Nice cherry picking. You could also phrase that as he's lost 100% of his Cup matches.

Whilst I think the story's bull****, you can't just judge someone on the games he does well in and ignore the others.

I read that earlier tonight, the most amusing part was the GIF. Anyways the guy has basically said everything this board has already commented upon. Most of us on here were willing to give Sherwood a crack of the whip and review in the summer, I don't think the man has 3 games to keep his job, because there is no one to take the job. He may be angling for a more permanent role come the Summer but if the Sherwood vs Baldini struggle has any truth in it then the man is likely biting off more than he can chew.

On a side note, I doubt Levy having spent so much money on new signings will be looking to bank roll another squad so soon. If he's listening to his advisors they will be telling him that the squad is good enough for top four and that another coach will get more out of them. Given that I think this squad is tailored for a 433, Sherwoods insistence upon the 442 may be his undoing.

will be interesting to see how TS treats Rose after his fault for the goal.
that gap in LB needs to be addressed, bringing BAE back would help but diss off Rose etc...or will TS follow AVB in keeping with just Rose, and put Verts out wide when he's back...

Nice cherry picking. You could also phrase that as he's lost 100% of his Cup matches.

Whilst I think the story's bull****, you can't just judge someone on the games he does well in and ignore the others.

Cherry picking perhaps, but Levy will judge him on the league and nothing else. So far, he's doing alright.

I read that earlier tonight, the most amusing part was the GIF. Anyways the guy has basically said everything this board has already commented upon. Most of us on here were willing to give Sherwood a crack of the whip and review in the summer, I don't think the man has 3 games to keep his job, because there is no one to take the job. He may be angling for a more permanent role come the Summer but if the Sherwood vs Baldini struggle has any truth in it then the man is likely biting off more than he can chew.

On a side note, I doubt Levy having spent so much money on new signings will be looking to bank roll another squad so soon. If he's listening to his advisors they will be telling him that the squad is good enough for top four and that another coach will get more out of them. Given that I think this squad is tailored for a 433, Sherwoods insistence upon the 442 may be his undoing.

Freund?

Cherry picking perhaps, but Levy will judge him on the league and nothing else. So far, he's doing alright.

I suspect Levy would have struggled to sack him had be brought the FA Cup back this year.

will be interesting to see how TS treats Rose after his fault for the goal.
that gap in LB needs to be addressed, bringing BAE back would help but diss off Rose etc...or will TS follow AVB in keeping with just Rose, and put Verts out wide when he's back...

Rose almost did a similar thing in the 1st half against Manure.

I suspect Levy would have struggled to sack him had be brought the FA Cup back this year.

Possibly, but AVB was doing well in the Cups this season -- it was league performances that made Levy give him the push. So I reckon it is our performance in the league that will determine Sherwood's future. Performance and result wise, so far, he's made a pretty good start. We'll just have to see if it continues or not.

Possibly, but AVB was doing well in the Cups this season -- it was league performances that made Levy give him the push. So I reckon it is our performance in the league that will determine Sherwood's future. Performance and result wise, so far, he's made a pretty good start. We'll just have to see if it continues or not.

We barely scraped past Hull in the previous round of the League Cup and faced utter dross in the Europa.

As for Freund, it would be more of the same I think. I'd have more faith in him than Sherwood but at the end of the season, would we just go for another manager?

Come on now, even Levy wouldn't sack a manager he has just brought in after 6 or 7 league games.
If that were to happen he's have morphed into a combination of Roman Abramovich and the infamous Jesus Gil

Come on now, even Levy wouldn't sack a manager he has just brought in after 6 or 7 league games.
If that were to happen he's have morphed into a combination of Roman Abramovich and the infamous Jesus Gil

Tim is interim, despite his 18 month contract.

If Levy has a manager lined up for after the World Cup then I see no point in him letting Sherwood go now.

Tim is interim, despite his 18 month contract.

Unless proven otherwise I guess.

The injury situation is a blessing in disguise as the team picks itself. Sherwood will have his hands full when all the players are back and the world cup just round the corner.

Unless proven otherwise I guess.

The injury situation is a blessing in disguise as the team picks itself. Sherwood will have his hands full when all the players are back and the world cup just round the corner.

Don't you think Levy will be lining up a so-called 'Big Name' to take over after the WC? If Tim gets us to 2nd and wins the EL then perhaps he has a chance but he'll have to be pretty spectacular to land the job proper permanent. In my opinion.

Back