• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

When he first played a few games and it looked as though we were trying to peg him in the #10 hole, someone on here said his best position was the deep lying central midfield playmaker. ie the Modric role.

Whoever that was may have been on to something.

It was me. Got abused by people saying he was too lightweight or that he hasnt got the work rate that Modric has to make it work.

I think so long as the guy is given the freedom to play we will see the best of him, which is why the left side of the wonky is good. He can drift in and get involved with play and being hard to keep tabs on.

When he first played a few games and it looked as though we were trying to peg him in the #10 hole, someone on here said his best position was the deep lying central midfield playmaker. ie the Modric role.

Whoever that was may have been on to something.

May have been me, thought that was how he played most of his time at Ajax and had assumed that was where he was intended to play when signed

i said he was too lightweight and still think that he is, compared to his potential. imagine if he could buy that extra second or two instead instead of hurrying the pass off now. modric was an expert at this, able to withstand physical pressure from players larger than himself.

there was one incident where valencia (?) shoulder charged him and he lieterally was pinged off the ball with no contest- sure he might have off balance but it was still amusing to watch at this level.

No, I'm Brian !

I think if we use Eriksen in a similar fashion to ole rat face on the left (was that when Bale was injured ?), he gets freedom and time to adapt to the league. Saw him at one point easily get muscled off the ball at OT, forgot who it was. But I think he realizes the physicality and needs to find his own best way of adapting and playing.

smalling by the touch line right?

That was the one I think. To be fair Smalling is about the size of a smallish mountain so no shame in being pushed off the ball by him. He doesn't have the strength or balance of someone like Modric at this point at least though. Will be interesting to see where Eriksen ends up, no doubt he has the talent to play several positions.

I'm glad he's been used mostly on the left in some of the tougher games, hope that continues against the scum today. I think Sig really struggles to get involved in the final third as much as he needs to when playing there in a 4-4-2, Eriksen is a bit more dynamic and does well there. Allows Rose to bomb forward, gives us the extra man in midfield at times. And drifting in from there he's shown himself both creative and a goal threat.

I like both Townsend and Chadli, but right now Eriksen should be our first choice left sided player imo.

Here is a link of his MOTM performance against Emirates Marketing Project (just about the biggest and strongest players in our league) for Ajax in Champs League.. Shows the good and bad of Eriksen but I just wish we would concentrate on what he can do rather than what he cant.

Give me a player that can hold on to the ball, pass with both feet over a player that can win every 50/50 shoulder challenge and then doesn't know what to do with the ball.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx...ter-city-champions-league-oct-24th-2012_sport

He was a lot better in the middle, this guy has so much potential to be a world class player. He just needs time and should be allowed to play in the centre. I thought he was one of our better players today.

As I said, he isn't the finished article but I thought some of his touches and passes were awful today.

Agree about the potential PIB, serious talent. Just need to keep on playing him.

Some of his decision making and/or execution of passes was seriously under-par today.
It was quite troubling to watch some balls getting played straight to the opposition or into a wide-open space that had no teammate anywhere near.

He was poor today, but he's been good lately. Just let him keep playing and he'll do a lot more good than bad imo.

Back