• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Was Levy right to sack AVB?

Was Levy right to sack AVB?

• Levy was right to sack AVB

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • Levy was wrong to sack AVB

Votes: 39 44.3%

• Total voters
Why did AVB have to go, maybe I'm missing something here but I need someone to explain it. Thanks

Because we were scoring 0 goals quite a lot, and conceding a lot of goals quite a lot and the manager did not have a plan as to how to stop that happening.

Edit:see Chancer's brilliant post on the matter.

The undoubted answer is...

YES - Levy was right to sack AVB. Villas-Boas had been serving up dirge football ever since he stepped his foot in to the Spurs door. Last season we barely ever scored more than one or two in a game despite having a world class player in Bale. This season we barely ever scored under him, period! It was boring to watch and he was too stubborn to change anything. A high line against teams like Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool? PURLEASE.

BUT

Levy was wrong to sack AVB without having an alternative lined up. Of course, it could be that Timothy Sherwood was his alternative, which is even more thick. We are, right now, a barbaric mess. We have been set back a few years with the Sherwood decision. May struggle even for top six this season, in which case we may not even have Europa League football to offer potential new signings. Would also make Lloris and Vertonghen in particular question their futures and likely leave for pastures new.

So, ultimately I'd say it was the right decision at the time but having seen the chain of events unfold since I think it was an awful decision.

I was at the Liverpool game and like most was really scathing about the performance. However, lets look at the three games that cost his job. Emirates Marketing Project , the scum conceded 6 there and consider city's awesome home record, Liverpool we lost 5-0 but maybe and judging by yesterday they are a good unit and we underestimated them. West ham was really the only poor result. Had we won against Liverpool we would have gone level.
Prior to city game we still had one of the best defensive records despite never having a settled back 4. Is it right to sack a manager who has to accommodate 7 new players whilst keeping us in touch with the top 4.

It seems this poll was a waste of time. People are saying it was right to sack AVB in their posts but voting the opposite way?

Edit: actually it is quite interesting.

Further edit: I might start another poll about whether we should ban democracy.

Last edited:
Was he right to sack AVB? Who knows. That depends if AVBs heart was in it, from what I've heard and read as well as now looked back on and seen with my eyes, it's like he wasn't happy in the job from the summer when we sold Bale really after being told he won't be sold.

Was he right to sack AVB and replace him with Sherwood? No.

Was he right to sack AVB? Who knows. That depends if AVBs heart was in it, from what I've heard and read as well as now looked back on and seen with my eyes, it's like he wasn't happy in the job from the summer when we sold Bale really after being told he won't be sold.

Was he right to sack AVB and replace him with Sherwood? No.

That wasn't the question!

LOL this is hilarious!

Yes, humiliating losses and the only wins we did actually get were by a narrow margin or courtesy of fortunate penalties. Averaged less than a goal per game, ignored our record signing, stubborn and had no idea how to change a game. I won't miss him.

Oh yeah and we played the dullest brand of football in the league.

Last edited:
He had to go.

fl61.jpg

It is...he's asking should Levy of sacked AVB, thats a yes or no?

He didn't ask should Levy of replaced AVB with Sherwood.....

Ok, yes if the relationship was beyond repair and if AVB didn't want to be here any more.

Should Levy have trusted AVB, listened to him more and backed him rather than creating a situation where was fighting against parts of the club he worked for? Yeah, IMO. And in that situation, he wouldn't have needed to sack him.

Ok, yes if the relationship was beyond repair and if AVB didn't want to be here any more.

Should Levy have trusted AVB, listened to him more and backed him rather than creating a situation where was fighting against parts of the club he worked for? Yeah, IMO. And in that situation, he wouldn't have needed to sack him.

Exactly, should have left him the keys and the pre paid credit card and ****ed off for 2 years.

If at the start of the season you were to say to me "here's an idea, how about we swap AVB for Sherwood?" I would call you mad.

My opinion hasn't changed.

Back