• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Hoddle back? Would be like our Dalgliesh - a hero at first, until the results doesn't meet the fans' sky high expectations.

Hoddle back? Would be like our Dalgliesh - a hero at first, until the results doesn't meet the fans' sky high expectations.

Some other parallels:

Hasn't managed a team in a long time
A little bit mental (not in the good, Bielsa way)
Half the gutter press will immediately be looking for failure

England?

All those teams were pretty **** though, they wouldn't have expected a much higher (if at all) than that. Not saying he's the answer but think stats like that need to be put in to context.

I can only judge his time with us as that's the only time I have any in depth knowledge of, but there were plenty of positives and perfectly valid and logical reasons why it didn't work out for him with us.

Not suggesting we get him in (there must be better out there, the press hate him and our fans would be on his back straight away as evidenced by this thread), I just feel there needs to be a bit of balance on this one.

I would have thought that Hoddle is bright enough to work with a system to fit the players. Personally I'd love to see him back till the end of the season. Sherwood or Hoddle? There is no comparison. I'm expecting a good performance tomorrow though, and I'll be there to watch it, even if the idea of singing "Tim Sherwood's Blue and White Army" sticks in my craw.

Hoddles win percentages

Swindon 42% Chelsea 33% Southampton 42% Tottenham 39% Wolves 35%

Pretty strong if you ask me

Swindon - Took up to the Premiership against all odds which is like winning the league with Man United

Chelsea - Relative success considering it was pre the big spending era and days of Gullit and Viali, he started that ball rolling

Southampton - Overachieved and their fans were angry he left because he was doing a great job

Tottenham - Ducked and dived on the deals he could in order to do the best he could, again pre big spend era. We burnt out come the end of seasons because he had to sign the likes of Poyet, Sherringham and Redknapp to give us any class, and to some extent it worked. The start of the season we had Dean Richards and Freund as holding midfielder in that system, we were excellent at times. I know we died against United second half in the 5-3, but my GHod we were amazing first half. The problem is the team had no legs past Christmas but I honestly believe he did all he could with the budget and where the club was at the time.

Wolves - Terrible club anyway ;) his draw percentage was pretty decent haha

England - Scores of players have come out saying he is the last great England coach and there are some big names from the game that say that......

Well, it's not like statistics and results make managers successful... :-"

They give a good guide if used correctly but breaking it down to "Their right back runs 300 yards less on average between the 70th and 80th minute, 74% of the time" or some such mumbo jumbo doesn't really help.

----------------------Buffon

---------Barzagli----Bonucci----Chiellini

Lichsteiner--------------------------Asamoah

-----------------------Pirlo

------------Pogba-------------Vidal

-----------------Tevez----Llorente

----------------------Lloris

---------Chiriches----Dawson----Vertonghen

Walker-----------------------------------------Rose

-----------------------Sandro

------------Eriksen-------------Dembele

-----------------Lamela----Soldado

Last edited:
Pretty strong if you ask me

Swindon - Took up to the Premiership against all odds which is like winning the league with Man United

Chelsea - Relative success considering it was pre the big spending era and days of Gullit and Viali, he started that ball rolling

Southampton - Overachieved and their fans were angry he left because he was doing a great job

Tottenham - Ducked and dived on the deals he could in order to do the best he could, again pre big spend era. We burnt out come the end of seasons because he had to sign the likes of Poyet, Sherringham and Redknapp to give us any class, and to some extent it worked. The start of the season we had Dean Richards and Freund as holding midfielder in that system, we were excellent at times. I know we died against United second half in the 5-3, but my GHod we were amazing first half. The problem is the team had no legs past Christmas but I honestly believe he did all he could with the budget and where the club was at the time.

Wolves - Terrible club anyway ;) his draw percentage was pretty decent haha

England - Scores of players have come out saying he is the last great England coach and there are some big names from the game that say that......

I think that's a very good summary. I'd add that he did a very good job managing England post Gazza.

He's also been busy since, lots of coaching, time abroad, listening to him speak he's developed a far more rounded persona. A decade on I think he's got more to bring to the role than he did first time round.

----------------------Buffon

---------Barzagli----Bonucci----Chiellini

Lichsteiner--------------------------Asamoah

-----------------------Pirlo

------------Pogba-------------Vidal

-----------------Tevez----Llorente

----------------------Lloris

---------Chiriches----Dawson----Vertonghen

Walker-----------------------------------------Rose

-----------------------Sandro

------------Eriksen-------------Dembele

-----------------Lamela----Soldado