• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
So we rushed to get AVB out the door just to give the reins to Sherwood?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.... I hope that's not true. Go on Castles, get this one wrong.

I don't want Tim Sherwood taking over as caretaker coach, but what options do we have? We just have to deal with it, and give Levy time to find the right man.

im done
had enough now

wed was probably my last ever spurs game anyway
but thats it

If his influence is so big we may as well give it to him, otherwise no other manager would be able to survive drops in form with Sherwood in Levy's ear and briefing against him.

It may not be so bad.

http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/9925aeec-3d0b-46ab-ad64-c27eaa1f2c9e/?source=twitter

Tottenham Hotspur have moved to appoint Tim Sherwood as 'interim head coach' following the dismissal of Andre Villas-Boas this morning. It is understood that the club's Technical Co-ordinator, a trusted figure in chairman Daniel Levy's White Hart Lane hierarchy, will be given the opportunity to hold the position at least until the end of the current Premier League season if results are deemed satisfactory.

Sherwood, 44, played in midfield for Tottenham between 1999 and 2003. As the club's technical co-ordinator, he was regarded by Villas-Boas as an undermining influence, contributing to a series of difficulties the manager experienced working with Levy.

Villas-Boas' contract entitled him to be paid his €3million net salary in full until the summer of 2015. Were the 36-year-old Europe League winning coach takes on a less well-remunerated position before them, Tottenham were to make up the difference in wages. He leaves the club with a 100% record in cup competitions this season and with the highest League win percentage of any Spurs manager since the 19th century.

What is it you all know about Sherwood's managerial abilities that I have missed?

We have to put someone in charge until a permanent solution is found. I think it's useful to get a "new" influence in, rather than simple leaving it up to Freund.

I don't want Tim Sherwood taking over as caretaker coach, but what options do we have? We just have to deal with it, and give Levy time to find the right man.

Give it to Freund ffs. Sure he's mad and will probably get himself banned for nutting the opposition manager whilst celebrating a goal but Sherwood?

Does Stephen Ireland actually have any idea what is going on at the club

Would be horrific news if true

How do we know. I have nothing to go on regarding Sherwood's ability or otherwise.

Would take Ol Gunnar.

I just want someone who can get the team well organised, passing and playing with some confidence. A more experienced manager would be my call at this point. We need to bed in players and settle the club. A younger manager with little experience doesn't seem the way to go. But if they were sh1t hot then why not?

What is it you all know about Sherwood's managerial abilities that I have missed?

We have to put someone in charge until a permanent solution is found. I think it's useful to get a "new" influence in, rather than simple leaving it up to Freund.

Why didn't you like Redknapp? because of his character right?

Sherwood appears to be in the same mold if not worse. Redknapp at least spouts off to the media meaning you know he's the one saying it....Sherwood on the other hand does all his damage behind the persons back.

we were never gonna get someone in by Wednesday anyway

If it's just until someone permanent is found and we're looking hard to find get that permanent person in during the next couple of weeks then that's fine by me.

If it's Sherwood until the summer as interim manager then that makes little sense to me.

Would you mind expanding a bit on Spalletti? Your impression of him as a manager, his style, what makes him a crazy ****er?

What he did with Empoli was simply outstanding. Shows off superb man managing ability as well as astute tactics to get two successive promotions to the top flight. He got Udinese Champions League football and then he became manager of Roma!

I think his Roma side was one of the best teams of the 00s, they were easily the best team to watch along with Barcelona at the time. He played a 4-5-1-0 sort of formation blessed with hard working footballers who weren't just good on the ball but liked to play football.

Totti played furthest forward but he wasn't the main man up top like Soldado plays for us. It caused huge problems for defences but they were entertaining to watch and superb on the counter attack. Like I mentioned, to win back to back Coppa Italias like his Roma side did was exceptional. Inter Milan at THAT time were the team to beat in Italy and they wiped the floor with them 6-2. Inter had lost something like 3 games in 76 games at the time. Roma were scoring goals for fun and were rarely conceding. Roma should have won Serie A in 2007/08, absolutely, in fact you'd be amazed to find out they didn't if you had viewed the entire season. Came even closer in 2009/10, but that was the sort of downfall for Roma, if they had won the league that year who knows what we'd be seeing in Italian football now, but Spaletti was gone that season, Ranieri took charge.

He now of course manages a Zenit team that has been blessed with money. Some people didn't think AVB was much of a leader but they would never think that with Spalletti in charge, the guy is a natural. As far as I am aware, Spallettis contract runs out in a year or two at Zenit, with him being Italian it might be someone Baldini has on his shortlist but I don't think we'll ever go for him or interest will ever fizz out into the press.

Why the hate, seems an okay chap in front of the camera ?

[video=youtube;IEhKvlAXdK8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEhKvlAXdK8[/video]

yeah i remember seeing some interviews around the time of the next gen series and thinking he came across well (dodgy scarf aside)

Why the hate, seems an okay chap in front of the camera ?

[video=youtube;IEhKvlAXdK8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEhKvlAXdK8[/video]

Why do these English coaches talk in a funny accent when speaking to someone from another country? does he think they'll understand him more?

most people adopt a slight foreign accent if they are talking to foreigners i have found. i know i certainly did when travelling abroad

What he did with Empoli was simply outstanding. Shows off superb man managing ability as well as astute tactics to get two successive promotions to the top flight. He got Udinese Champions League football and then he became manager of Roma!

I think his Roma side was one of the best teams of the 00s, they were easily the best team to watch along with Barcelona at the time. He played a 4-5-1-0 sort of formation blessed with hard working footballers who weren't just good on the ball but liked to play football.

Totti played furthest forward but he wasn't the main man up top like Soldado plays for us. It caused huge problems for defences but they were entertaining to watch and superb on the counter attack. Like I mentioned, to win back to back Coppa Italias like his Roma side did was exceptional. Inter Milan at THAT time were the team to beat in Italy and they wiped the floor with them 6-2. Inter had lost something like 3 games in 76 games at the time. Roma were scoring goals for fun and were rarely conceding. Roma should have won Serie A in 2007/08, absolutely, in fact you'd be amazed to find out they didn't if you had viewed the entire season. Came even closer in 2009/10, but that was the sort of downfall for Roma, if they had won the league that year who knows what we'd be seeing in Italian football now, but Spaletti was gone that season, Ranieri took charge.

He now of course manages a Zenit team that has been blessed with money. Some people didn't think AVB was much of a leader but they would never think that with Spalletti in charge, the guy is a natural. As far as I am aware, Spallettis contract runs out in a year or two at Zenit, with him being Italian it might be someone Baldini has on his shortlist but I don't think we'll ever go for him or interest will ever fizz out into the press.

Cheers Mumorn.

Seems like a good option that might be available if we go for him. That's him and De Boer as potentially gettable options, we might be able to convince Pochettino and then there's always Bielsa.

I continue to think that we should get someone in permanently now, interim continues to look like a poor option to me.

Cheers Mumorn.

Seems like a good option that might be available if we go for him. That's him and De Boer as potentially gettable options, we might be able to convince Pochettino and then there's always Bielsa.

I continue to think that we should get someone in permanently now, interim continues to look like a poor option to me.

I would love Bielsa at the club but Levy wouldn't.

Now that would be a gamble. Entertaining as hell though.

Back