• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Re: Capello at the game tonight

Does anyone even think Levy has anyone planned?

He can't have thought things would go bad with AVB. Everything seemed so positive on the whole. Thing is outside of these results this season:

West Ham (h) 0-3
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) 0-1
City (a) 0-6
Liverpool (h) 0-5

...the rest of the season has actually been decent! football does my nut in

They haven't really gone that badly though... Sure this is the worst I ever remember us playing, but we are 8 points off top and are nearly at the halfway point in the season.

Badly was the messianic figure that was going to be 'our Wenger' who then lead us to the bottom of the league with 2 from 8. Please everyone take a second to remember the perpetual depression and horrific, spineless performances under the clown that was Juande Ramos. At least we are still winning and could easily achieve our objectives by the end of the season.

Tbh I just think AVB needs to suss his tactics against the big teams, we are way too gung-ho in terms of positioning and then fearful when we manage to get possession. Starting deeper and playing more (or some...) high risk/ longer balls from side to side and into the channels would do us a world of good. We are approaching these games like we are Barcelona, but we just aren't good enough.

They haven't really gone that badly though... Sure this is the worst I ever remember us playing, but we are 8 points off top and are nearly at the halfway point in the season.

Badly was the messianic figure that was going to be 'our Wenger' who then lead us to the bottom of the league with 2 from 8. Please everyone take a second to remember the perpetual depression and horrific, spineless performances under the clown that was Juande Ramos. At least we are still winning and could easily achieve our objectives by the end of the season.

Tbh I just think AVB needs to suss his tactics against the big teams, we are way too gung-ho in terms of positioning and then fearful when we manage to get possession. Starting deeper and playing more (or some...) high risk/ longer balls from side to side and into the channels would do us a world of good. We are approaching these games like we are Barcelona, but we just aren't good enough.

Good post.

I just want to see us pass the ball again. I really miss that.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær. Two league titles and one cup in three years at Molde, a team that had only managed two cup wins in their 99 years of existence prior to him taking charge. Spent 3.5 years as Manchester United reserve team manager as well. Guy is a winner and has a great understanding of the game.

Sorry but that s way over the top. Sure the Emirates Marketing Project game was awful but in this one we was making a game of it at 2-0 until the red card. Im not using it as an excuse but there was no way we would have conceded close to 5 with 11 men. But we still had to go for it but with a man down there was just too much space we left behind that got exploited. Everton,Man U,Chelsea have failed to beat us and Arsenal did by a single goal so I dont think we're looking at a 5/6 goal bashing everytime at all...

We were making a game of it? Like hell we were. We could well have been 5-0 down by half-time, that's how badly we were playing. We had Lloris and a few glaring misses from the likes of Sterling and Suarez to thank for not going in at half-time 5-0 down. Honestly, we were that bad.

It isn't over the top. At all. Struggling, foot of the table West Ham put three past us easily. And today we didn't have a shot on target. At home. We can only expect this, mate. Every other team in the top six looks organized and motivated. We look like Derby County in the year they got 11 points.

Regarding Klinsmann etc.

Wasn't Hiddink in charge of a national team when he had that interim job at Chelsea?

You summed it up. I don't understand the nonchalance.

There is no evidence to suggest we will start to play well, that is the problem. Maybe you can convince me.

Hardly knee jerk. This result - actually the last few games (yes wooohoo we beat the bottom two clubs) were coming, they were a culmination of our poor defense, abject stagnant midfield and ineffective less than creative forward play. AVB has shown no signs of changing his ****ty philosophy. I keep on hearing this 'theory' unfortunately football is not based on papers, books and theory but based on the pitch. I have a theory to rule the world - but not gonna work in practice.

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” Albert Einstein

Didn't Benitez end up having the exact same problems breaking down worse teams at Anfield that we have had at WHL for years now? Wasn't he known as too negative?

No doubt the man can win trophies, he's superb at that but I'm not sure how well our fans would take to him either tbh.

If he's more negative than what we're currently trying to set up to be, I'll eat my hat. His Liverpool side were relentless in 08-09, and his Chelsea side were great last year. He's not a 'negative' manager, merely one that favours a direct (or counter-attacking) style.

If he wins us trophies, I'm sure the fans will grow to love him. After all, most of us still feel some love for AVB, even if the black pit of despair is currently claiming us all.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær. Two league titles and one cup in three years at Molde, a team that had only managed two cup wins in their 99 years of existence prior to him taking charge. Spent 3.5 years as Manchester United reserve team manager as well. Guy is a winner and has a great understanding of the game.

Good shout

Could be interesting, but too much of a gamble.

I imagine Capello would be short term like Hiddink was at Chelsea.

Someone to sort of steady the ship with his club experience. Him and Baldini have superb history together.

Lucien Favre for me - based on nothing more than watching one game and reading wikipedia (not much, but it seems to be a damn site more than a lot on here have done before naming names)

+ Gettable maybe and likes attacking football.
- Could be another Gross.

Agree with this shout. He has a proven track record across clubs. He is no flash in the pan.

Back