• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Discussion Thread

Ahhh, I'm glad the transfer forum is open for business again.

I think we'll be getting a new LB and striker for sure. I would personally love to keep Defoe but you just get the feeling AVB wants someone else and he'll want to move on with the WC coming up.

I'm not going to make predictions (just yet) of specific players but we obviously want a LB who is comfortable as LWB and a striker who is big and powerful.

Ahhh, I'm glad the transfer forum is open for business again.

I think we'll be getting a new LB and striker for sure. I would personally love to keep Defoe but you just get the feeling AVB wants someone else and he'll want to move on with the WC coming up.

I'm not going to make predictions (just yet) of specific players but we obviously want a LB who is comfortable as LWB and a striker who is big and powerful.

I agree that these two positions are currently most pressing. So we'll probably be back in for Benteke and either Coentrao / Shaw in Jan then, as I'm failing to come up with better alternatives that would want to join us. I'd love Lewandowski and Baines, but that's unlikely to happen.

Last edited:
@GoalUK believe Manchester United midfielder Anderson is reportedly eager to leave the Premier League champions and join Tottenham.

@GoalUK believe Manchester United midfielder Anderson is reportedly eager to leave the Premier League champions and join Tottenham.

But we don't want him. According to the full story of this, he came to AVB after our match last weekend and was begging him to sign him.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/12/09/tottenham-flop-roberto-soldado-set-for-la-liga-return/

Tottenham Flop Roberto Soldado Set for La Liga Return

by The Newshound December 9th, 2013

White Hart Lane side could offload Spaniard in January transfer window.

Having found himself consigned to the bench for Tottenham’s recent victories over Fulham and Sunderland Sports Direct News claim Roberto Soldado may well be on his way back to La Liga.

The 28 year old moved to White Hart Lane in a massive £26m deal this summer but has managed just one goal from open play in 13 Premier League appearances and Sevilla are said to be keeping tabs on the Spanish international.

Sevilla may well see Soldado as an ideal replacement for Alvaro Negredo, who left for Emirates Marketing Project during the summer transfer window, though one wonders if they could afford to make an offer that would tempt Spurs to sell.

A lack of first team football could affect Soldado’s standing in Vicente del Bosque’s Spanish national team set-up ahead of the 2014 World Cup finals so a lot could depend on if Andre Villas-Boas opts to continue to leave the former Valencia man on the bench over the next month or so.

Prior to his move to North London Soldado was scoring with regularity, netting 81 goals in 141 appearances for Valencia during his three season stint at the Mestalla.

Spurs continue to be linked with a new centre forward as Dimitar Berbatov is just the latest name to be touted for a January switch to White Hart Lane. Back in November however, as Andre Villas-Boas was doubtlessly pondering whether to drop Roberto Soldado to the bench, the manager claimed that no new arrivals were necessary.

Talking to the press over the weekend, AVB seemed to back up that opinion with a small caveat concerning the question of Jermain Defoe’s future.

“We have three great strikers and it’s a question of a choice and strategy,” Villas-Boas told the Telegraph. “Jermain has been doing well so he deserves his place. It was a great performance from him. I cannot stop speculation coming, but I am extremely happy with Defoe.

“People can link him to other clubs, we can’t stop that. It doesn’t mean that we’re going to accept any offer and I think he knows he is better staying in the Premier League for his England chances.”

Jermain also looked to distance himself from the rumours.

“I’ve heard links with Toronto and West Ham and as we get close to the transfer window you are going to get speculation,” he said.

“It’s out of your hands, sometimes you end up leaving a club where you want to stay and sometimes you get in the team of a club you think you are leaving, you end up playing well and stay.”

So both parties seem happy and while we speculate over Berbatov and others, the most likely option is that Soldado, Defoe and Adebayor will continue as the only three senior strikers until the end of the campaign.

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2013/12/09/avb-happy-with-striker-situation/

Wow... talk of both Soldado and Lamela leaving in January (either on loan or permanently)... hardly a resounding start to the Baldini era if true.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/12/09/tottenham-flop-roberto-soldado-set-for-la-liga-return/

http://footylatest.com/andre-villas...ave-white-hart-lane-on-loan-this-winter/51627

Hard to know what to think really (assuming there's even a grain of truth in any of it). I think it's pretty amazing when you consider it's almost Christmas and we're only one win off second place; yet I think most of us would have to agree that our two massive signings of the summer - Soldado and Lamela - haven't exactly set the league alight. Imagine where we'd be if they'd hit the ground running and fulfilled their potential!

(as yet they might... I still have hope, even if my expectations have taken a knock)

Tottenham Flop Roberto Soldado Set for La Liga Return

by The Newshound December 9th, 2013

White Hart Lane side could offload Spaniard in January transfer window.

Having found himself consigned to the bench for Tottenham’s recent victories over Fulham and Sunderland Sports Direct News claim Roberto Soldado may well be on his way back to La Liga.

The 28 year old moved to White Hart Lane in a massive £26m deal this summer but has managed just one goal from open play in 13 Premier League appearances and Sevilla are said to be keeping tabs on the Spanish international.

Sevilla may well see Soldado as an ideal replacement for Alvaro Negredo, who left for Emirates Marketing Project during the summer transfer window, though one wonders if they could afford to make an offer that would tempt Spurs to sell.

A lack of first team football could affect Soldado’s standing in Vicente del Bosque’s Spanish national team set-up ahead of the 2014 World Cup finals so a lot could depend on if Andre Villas-Boas opts to continue to leave the former Valencia man on the bench over the next month or so.

Prior to his move to North London Soldado was scoring with regularity, netting 81 goals in 141 appearances for Valencia during his three season stint at the Mestalla.
I would not cry my eyes out if he left.
In the early games when he was not scoring he was shooting and getting into good positions.
Recently when they do the analysis on TV he is always shown in a bad light and that reflects my view of him during the game.
He is not enjoying himself here.

You think Levy is going to let him leave on a free transfer then?

Seriously?

He has not added anything to the team, the comment was in relation to that.

Do you think I think Levy is going to let him leave on a free transfer?

Seriously?

He has not added anything to the team, the comment was in relation to that.

Do you think I think Levy is going to let him leave on a free transfer?

Seriously?

It wouldn't be £26 million out the window otherwise.

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has admitted he is setting his sights on recruiting more Romanian talent, reports talkSPORT.

Villas-Boas completed the signing of Romanian centre back Vlad Chiriches during the summer from Steaua Bucharest, and he has so far looked arguably the most impressive of all the summer recruits.

Tottenham spent over £100million on new talent in the summer, and Chiriches is so far looking the best value for money at £8.5million.

His performances have led to speculation that AVB could be set to return to Steaua Bucharest and make a January offer for club captain Alex Bourceanu.

And the Tottenham boss has admitted Bourceanu is among several players he is currently monitoring at the Romanian club.

He said: “There are a couple of Romanian players who are very interesting, particularly at Steaua [Bucharest], but I cannot mention them for obvious reasons.

“But I think there is always talent coming out of Romanian football. I think it’s always a market that we have to be aware of.”

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-news/tottenham-boss-confirms-interest-in-romanians

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has admitted he is setting his sights on recruiting more Romanian talent, reports talkSPORT.

Villas-Boas completed the signing of Romanian centre back Vlad Chiriches during the summer from Steaua Bucharest, and he has so far looked arguably the most impressive of all the summer recruits.

Tottenham spent over £100million on new talent in the summer, and Chiriches is so far looking the best value for money at £8.5million.

His performances have led to speculation that AVB could be set to return to Steaua Bucharest and make a January offer for club captain Alex Bourceanu.

And the Tottenham boss has admitted Bourceanu is among several players he is currently monitoring at the Romanian club.

He said: “There are a couple of Romanian players who are very interesting, particularly at Steaua [Bucharest], but I cannot mention them for obvious reasons.

“But I think there is always talent coming out of Romanian football. I think it’s always a market that we have to be aware of.”

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-news/tottenham-boss-confirms-interest-in-romanians

Iasmin Latovlevici is the obvious one.

Hull City look to sign Jake Livermore in January but dismiss Seb Larsson and Shola Ameobi rumours

STEVE Bruce is planning to hold talks with Tottenham to see if loan star Jake Livermore could become Hull City's first signing of the January transfer window.

Livermore has been a pivotal figure in midfield since arriving from White Hart Lane on a season-long loan in August, starting 13 of the last 14 league games.

Hull City have an option to turn the 24-year-old's current deal into a permanent transfer at the end of the season, but Bruce is not ruling out a long-term move next month – if Spurs are willing to sell.

"I'd love to do a deal for Jake if it was possible but then again he's Tottenham's player," he said.

"I'll have a conversation with them but the key is Spurs.

"Jake has now played 14 Premier League games and done very well for us. The ball is in their court ultimately because he's their player. Whether or not they're willing to sell is the big question."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull...tory-20318449-detail/story.html#ixzz2nNMumubZ

I can see this one going through.

Livermore seem to like it there and has done well for them - and I dont really see a breakthrough for him at Spurs with Sandro, Capoue, Dembele, Paulinho all ahead of him.

And we have Carroll coming back in the summer - still think he has a role to play at Spurs.

What could we possibly get for Livermore? - I would say a fee around £4m would be a good deal for both parties.

Hull City look to sign Jake Livermore in January but dismiss Seb Larsson and Shola Ameobi rumours

STEVE Bruce is planning to hold talks with Tottenham to see if loan star Jake Livermore could become Hull City's first signing of the January transfer window.

Livermore has been a pivotal figure in midfield since arriving from White Hart Lane on a season-long loan in August, starting 13 of the last 14 league games.

Hull City have an option to turn the 24-year-old's current deal into a permanent transfer at the end of the season, but Bruce is not ruling out a long-term move next month – if Spurs are willing to sell.

"I'd love to do a deal for Jake if it was possible but then again he's Tottenham's player," he said.

"I'll have a conversation with them but the key is Spurs.

"Jake has now played 14 Premier League games and done very well for us. The ball is in their court ultimately because he's their player. Whether or not they're willing to sell is the big question."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull...tory-20318449-detail/story.html#ixzz2nNMumubZ

I can see this one going through.

Livermore seem to like it there and has done well for them - and I dont really see a breakthrough for him at Spurs with Sandro, Capoue, Dembele, Paulinho all ahead of him.

And we have Carroll coming back in the summer - still think he has a role to play at Spurs.

What could we possibly get for Livermore? - I would say a fee around £4m would be a good deal for both parties.

I think we're going to have to sell before we buy, so trying to get fees in now for some of our season-long loans is important.

Livermore, BAE, Dawkins, Khumalo and Falque could hopefully help raise a good £10-12m between them.

Back