• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If all fit what is our best eleven...

Lloris
Walker - Chiriches - Vertonghen - Rose
Sandro - Eriksen
Lennon - Lamela - Townsend
Soldado​
Yup a great looking team Mumorn, that would be my team as well. But i would use a different formation:
-----------Lloris------------
Walker---Vlad--Verts---Rose
----------Sandro----------
----Eriksen---Lamela-----
Lennon-------------Townsend
---------Soldado---------

I reckon we be bitchin` like this !

Lloris

Walker Dawson/Chiriches Vertonghen Rose

Sandro Dembele

Lennon Eriksen Townsend

Adebayor

Dawson against teams with a Andy Carroll-esque center forward. Vlad agaisnt teams with quicker strikers

Not entirely sure about Eriksen. I think he has the greatest potential in that position, but he needs to be more consistent. We have options in Holtby and Paulinho, and perhaps Gylfi and Lamela too. Actually I think it is very tight in a number of positions, so it is really hard to pick a best XI. The ones I am sure abotu are Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro, Dembele and Lennon. In the other positions I am simply not sure who the best option is. These thigns can depend on opposition too.

Solid post KoN. I agree that it depends on so many things and that apart from 5-6 players there will be some changes with form, injuries and opposition. As it should be. I remember how Park would "always" start the big games for United even though he would always be there against smaller teams. Similarly Nani might start against a smaller team whereas Valencia would get the nod against the top teams. To some extent not having a "strongest 11" is a massive sign of strength.

It depends on so many things and a lot of players can still make a place their own, I don't think many here would have had Lennon as the sure fire starter on the right a couple of weeks back.

Ade in top form would be great, as is I'm not so sure. I think a fully fit Kaboul would challenge Dawson and Vlad for a starting spot too.

If once fit and everyone has settled our team should be

Lloris

Walker Vlad Verts Rose

Sandro Holtby

Lennon Eriksen Lamela

Adebayor​

We have only won 1 of our last 5 EPL home games. We have to address that problem.

I think our squad is good enough for me not to worry about what individual player plays in a particular position.

I mean we have Andros, Lennon and Lamela all fighting for the one spot and Dawson, Verts, Kaboul, Chiriches, Capoue maybe even Fryers or Sandro all capable at CB.

Edit: MAKE THAT 1 IN 5!!

Last edited:
Yup a great looking team Mumorn, that would be my team as well. But i would use a different formation:
-----------Lloris------------
Walker---Vlad--Verts---Rose
----------Sandro----------
----Eriksen---Lamela-----
Lennon-------------Townsend
---------Soldado---------

I reckon we be bitchin` like this !

We would get run over, you cant play Eriksen AND Lamela like that.

If once fit and everyone has settled our team should be

Lloris

Walker Vlad Verts Rose

Sandro Holtby

Lennon Eriksen Lamela

Adebayor​

Lloris
Walker Vertonghen Chiriches Rose
Sandro Holtby
Lennon Paulhino Townsend
Soldado

id like to see that when Rose is back to fitness

--------------Lloris

--Walker Dawson Verts Rose

----Paulinho-Sandro-Capoue

----Lamela-Soldado-Eriksen

We would get run over, you cant play Eriksen AND Lamela like that.
Yes Sunderland would have put 10 past us if you actually use eriksen and lamela in the CM are where they actually played for their former clubs. Yeah and 6 defensive minded players are JUST NOT ENOUGH in the first 11 you say... And you ask why we have the lowest scoring in almost all the league..

Interesting that 3 people have put Lamela on the left, despite the fact that he used to sulk and practically go on strike anytime Roma tried to play him on his wrong side.

United have won the league many times with a core 6 or 7 major players supported by another 10/12 hence how Oshea has won a few titles!!!

We have the depth to do that now.

I am no Chadli or Siggurson fan but they will have roles to play in this team and I think they will be involved in over 50% of the games yet wouldn't make anyone's first 11

Same can be said of Holtby and Dawson and Naughton for that matter. Capoue is another

My core players for what that's worth (first choice every time of fit) are:

Lloris, walker, Verts, Sandro, Soldado and possibly Paulinho and Dembele (I think they do they same job so hard one)

I think we need a spine to be established and at the moment we dont really have that barring Lloris. Id have said Verts but because of our crap decision in getting rid of BAE, Verts has had to be sacrificed.

AVB need to sort out the spine of the team and ****ing dont toy with it

you mean like Lloris Dawson Sandro Paulhino and Soldado who have almost been ever present?

I think 8 or 9 spots are fairly settled when all are fit. It's only the two wide spots that there's much debate.

Lloris / Walker, Verts, Rose / Sandro / Soldado certainly picks itself, and then Paulinho and Eriksen are going to feature a lot. For all the moans from certain quarters, Dawson has always been selected over the past year. Dembele has featured in every match this season too, but then he's under competition now from Capoue.

you mean like Lloris Dawson Sandro Paulhino and Soldado who have almost been ever present?

I dont think thats the spine that AVB wants. I think he would rather Verts at the back in Central Defense as an ever present. I dont think he wants Paulinho in front of the back four as part of the two. I think he wants him ahead of those. He is moving the spine if you wanna go down that route, changing their positions, just because theyre playing doesnt mean theyre the spine.

baldini needs to sort this out with avb.
once we know our first eleven, then its an easier task to upgrade on those players

right now i think we have too many midfielders, and we could redeploy our resources in other areas

baldini needs to sort this out with avb.
once we know our first eleven, then its an easier task to upgrade on those players

right now i think we have too many midfielders, and we could redeploy our resources in other areas

Sandro/Capoue
Paulhino/Dembele
Eriksen/Holtby

i think is a good set of midfielders for the central positions, can see Sigurdsson possibly being the one to make way - there should be plenty of interest should he become available and we could probably make a bit of profit on him.

Lamela/Lennon/Chadli and Townsend is a fantastic crop of wide players, imv - obviously relying on Lamela reaching the level he did for Roma. natural wide players and ones which can play the inverted roles so there is plenty of scope to mix things up.

there is a lack of clear first choice players though - i think arguments could be made for each of them to be starting most weeks. would people prefer us to let some of them go in order to have a clear first choice 5? and then bring in players more suited to being back up?

Honestly don't think we have one anymore, we have a lot of utility in the squad and can chop and change depending on how we want to play. Some games we can get away without Sandro in the midfield allowing for a platform of Dembele and Paulinho (as against Sunderland). We can play with quick pacy wingers like Lennon against slower fullbacks or go for someone who will drop into the #10 spaces out wide in Lamela.

Back four is even difficult to call. Walker and Rose are definately our fullbacks as they allow us to play with more attacking potential and inverted wingers. Dawson against some teams works whilst against other Chirches would do better. Vertonghen for me is the only defender who should have a nailed on spot. Eriksen, Gylfi, Holtby can all take up spots in midfield too. Paulinho gets in good goalscoring positions whilst Dembele gives more solidity and ghosts past people. Too much choice.

exactly, it depends on the game plan and the opposition

Lamelas tracking back and workrate up top are what worries me if he's deployed as a #10. If u play him there you will need to have someone more solid behind him than Eriksen. I know we used to play with Modric and VdV a couple of years ago, but people forget some of the defensive work Luka did because of his offensive play. He wasn't the best but he did work hard and at the moment I think Eriksen and Lamela wouldn't work hard enough.

Lamelas tracking back and workrate up top are what worries me if he's deployed as a #10. If u play him there you will need to have someone more solid behind him than Eriksen. I know we used to play with Modric and VdV a couple of years ago, but people forget some of the defensive work Luka did because of his offensive play. He wasn't the best but he did work hard and at the moment I think Eriksen and Lamela wouldn't work hard enough.

Lamela works hard when playing out wide, so I have no doubt he'd work hard when playing off the striker. I've never seen Eriksen play central midfield although I heard he has played there for Denmark recently and looked pretty good there. In that case, Holtby next to Sandro would work with Lamela ahead of him considering of Holtbys work rate.

Back