• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

am I the only one who doesnt really care about the whole "special relationship"

In fact, where has it ever said we have first dibs on Madrid players or anything like that? Or are people assuming this? Why do we need Morata? Sure he has a lot of potential but so did Bojan once. How is a 21 year old forward who has never played a substantial period of games going to come in and help us? I don't get it.

If it was say Alonso for example and we had been linked with him and then Arsenal suddenly come out and got him then fair enough, as that would be the type of player we need, but Morata? Meh, I ain't losing sleep.

am I the only one who doesnt really care about the whole "special relationship"

In fact, where has it ever said we have first dibs on Madrid players or anything like that? Or are people assuming this? Why do we need Morata? Sure he has a lot of potential but so did Bojan once. How is a 21 year old forward who has never played a substantial period of games going to come in and help us? I don't get it.

If it was say Alonso for example and we had been linked with him and then Arsenal suddenly come out and got him then fair enough, as that would be the type of player we need, but Morata? Meh, I ain't losing sleep.

That's not really the point. Morata was one of the players AVB wanted in exchange for Bale, they said no but now they're letting Arsenal have him :lol:

I said this in another thread. Seems like they do.

You're right. Selling two of our best to them with nothing coming back the opposite way. They sell Arsenal one of their prize assets (personal opinionn only), and now they look like getting the player we should have got as part of the Bale deal

That's not really the point. Morata was one of the players AVB wanted in exchange for Bale, they said no but now they're letting Arsenal have him :lol:

has AVB come out and said we wanted Morata or was that just the press saying we wanted a player in exchange? I see in the press that we also wanted Coentrao in exchange, Jese Rodriguez in exchange, Morata in exchange, I'm sure I saw a few Alonsos in there, no doubt saw some tongue in cheek Ronaldo ones out there aswell.

Totally agree. I can see where Mumorn is coming from in one respect, but yes, its the fact we did look like we actually wanted this guy and they refused and now six months later they will help a rival by loaning him.

The only positive I could see from it though might be that it could mean Arsenal settle with the loan and dont sign a better striker in Jan

I am quite cynical sometimes and the codseye and mooted Morata deal make me think that far from having a special relationship RM want a bit of revenge for the cost and delay of the Bale deal.

Arsenal have agreed to sign Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, 21, on a six-month loan deal in January.

Full story: Daily Express

Remind me again, who's got this special relationship with Real Madrid? Us or f#ckin Ars#nal??? ](*,)

Evening Standard: Arsene Wenger has denied reports linking Arsenal with two strikers; Real Madrid's Alvaro Morata and Corinthians' Alexandre Pato.

Why do we need Morata? I'd rather we bought a striker we could call our own, thank you very much. Nothing against the loan system, but I'm thoroughly sick of all things Real f*cking Madrid, and the thought of us obediently developing a player they couldn't be bothered to play for six months before sending him back, primed and ready to go, is galling to me. Even if he scores goals, the danger is that we become dependent on him, which will do us no good because he'll be off back to Madrid come June.

Let Arsenal have him, if he really is going anywhere. I'd rather we found our own star, or even played Kane. No more cozy deals with a team who routinely f*ck up our season every damn time, please.

Just made a bet with a c0cky Gooner friend of mine:

if they win the league I pay him £100.

I they don't he pays me £100 instead.

He says 'better start saving up!'
I say: 'what do you think I should spend your money on?'

Easy money, isn't it.

ISN'T IT???8-[

Arsenal are going to win the league 100%.

Arsenal are 100% not going to win the league - they're not even the 3rd best team in the league this season.

They have 3 very tough matches in a row now and could easily end that stretch somewhere around 5th to 7th.

Arsenal are 100% not going to win the league - they're not even the 3rd best team in the league this season.

They have 3 very tough matches in a row now and could easily end that stretch somewhere around 5th to 7th.
This is the acid test for them. If they come through those 3 with 6 or more points then I'll get worried.

As of now my money is on Chelsea.

This is the acid test for them. If they come through those 3 with 6 or more points then I'll get worried.

As of now my money is on Chelsea.

Mine is still on City. Whilst they've started poorly, Utd have had a tough run of matches and have the staying power required too.

Completely agree, people forget, prior to the last two seasons, the Scum did this for about 5 seasons, title/CL/Cup challengers all the way to February.

City/Cheat$ki have simply superior squads (and will likely buy in January), they will start to pull the Scum in soon.

My issue is really their start probably makes top 4 set for them again ..

Arsenal have played 12 of the bottom 13. Their games against Liverpool and us were at home. The only decent team they've played away is ManU and they lost.

Who is the third team that's better than them? City at home are by far the best team in the league, and once they sort their away form out will canter to the title, but Chelsea haven't looked that great and then I don't really think there's a team we can say are currently on Arsenal's level.

Back