• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where is it going wrong in attack?

Bale played as a LB. He has a better pedigree before he signed for us, which is why we paid £7m for him.

Townsend is 22 has so far been a journeyman being loaned out to 11 clubs mostly in the lower leagues . Did not set the world alight in the lower leagues, not scoring a lot of goals.

Lamela is younger, but has already scored a lot more goals. Townsend is a Championship /Lower PL player.

you know what, i would ...i'd like to see townsend in italy, the league where gervinho is looking like a world beater

for you information lamela hasnt scored a single goal in the premier league..

the you reply "he hasnt played a game you!!"" and i say townsend hasnt played as a forward in italy..we go round in circles from there

you know what, i would ...i'd like to see townsend in italy, the league where gervinho is looking like a world beater

for you information lamela hasnt scored a single goal in the premier league..

the you reply "he hasnt played a game you!!"" and i say townsend hasnt played as a forward in italy..we go round in circles from there

Townsend has failed in the assists and goals dept this year in the PL . He has not failed in Italy because he has not played, you can't prove a negative.

So we have 4 possibilities . Of the 4 , only two have happened Lamela has played in Italy and scored goals. Townsend has playing in the PL and has not. I agree the other two are speculation, but on the tangible evidence Lamela shines and Townsend does not .

BTW Italian defenses are not know for their generosity and Townsend did not even score a lot in the lower leagues.

Townsend has failed in the assists and goals dept this year in the PL . He has not failed in Italy because he has not played, you can't prove a negative.

So we have 4 possibilities . Of the 4 , only two have happened Lamela has played in Italy and scored goals. Townsend has playing in the PL and has not. I agree the other two are speculation, but on the tangible evidence Lamela shines and Townsend does not .

BTW Italian defenses are not know for their generosity and Townsend did not even score a lot in the lower leagues.

What other hobbies do you have?

If the contention is "Townsend is no Bale", well, then I'd just have to agree. He might come good in his own right, though; we'll have to see on that.

If the contention is "Townsend is no Bale", well, then I'd just have to agree. He might come good in his own right, though; we'll have to see on that.

If we are going to start comparisons the Townsend's right foot is 1000% better than Bale's

@OptaJoe: 2009 - The last time that Tottenham failed to score in three successive Premier League matches was back in January 2009. Blank.

@OptaJoe: 78 - Excluding a penalty, Tottenham Hotspur have failed to score with any of their last 78 shots in the Premier League. Lash.

@OptaJoe: 2009 - The last time that Tottenham failed to score in three successive Premier League matches was back in January 2009. Blank.

@OptaJoe: 78 - Excluding a penalty, Tottenham Hotspur have failed to score with any of their last 78 shots in the Premier League. Lash.

Pfft OptaJoe isnt even trying.
How about
3 - games Tottenham Hotspur have won in the Premier League without needing a penalty
1 - Number of Tottenham Hotspur players that have scored from open play at White Hart Lane in the Premier League
1 - Number of goals Jermaine Defoe has scored in the Premier League in 2013

Pfft OptaJoe isnt even trying.
How about
3 - games Tottenham Hotspur have won in the Premier League without needing a penalty
1 - Number of Tottenham Hotspur players that have scored from open play at White Hart Lane in the Premier League
1 - Number of goals Jermaine Defoe has scored in the Premier League in 2013

Or even more ridiculous stat:
Take away penalties and Gareth Bale goals and Tottenham Hotspur would only have won 5 of their last 29 Premier League games.

Take away penalties and Gareth Bale goals and Tottenham Hotspur would only have won 5 of their last 29 Premier League games.

:eek: holy shmokes

im not sure AVb can turn this around.

Man Utd would have only won 10 of their last 29 games without Rooney
Emirates Marketing Project would have only won 11 of their last 29 games without Aguero

Thats involving this season too, didnt count penalties (unless scored by the above)

Man Utd would have only won 10 of their last 29 games without Rooney
Emirates Marketing Project would have only won 11 of their last 29 games without Aguero

Thats involving this season too, didnt count penalties (unless scored by the above)

Doing a direct comparison of league games.
Take away penalties and Rooney goals and Manchester United would have won 12 of their last 29 (41%) Premier League games
Take away penalties and Aguero goals and Emirates Marketing Project would have won 14 of their last 29 (48%)Premier League games

So much worse than our 17% without Bale. And consider that includes 12 game in which Bale wasnt playing and we had a 'replacement' player on the pitch.

Doing a direct comparison of league games.
Take away penalties and Rooney goals and Manchester United would have won 12 of their last 29 (41%) Premier League games
Take away penalties and Aguero goals and Emirates Marketing Project would have won 14 of their last 29 (48%)Premier League games

So much worse than our 17% without Bale. And consider that includes 12 game in which Bale wasnt playing and we had a 'replacement' player on the pitch.

So is the Bale stat this season too? How stupid. We have a entirely different squad regardless.

So is the Bale stat this season too? How stupid. We have a entirely different squad regardless.

Its all of 2013 bar one game.
So if we add in the extra game its:
Tottenham won 6 Premier league games (20%) in 2013 without Bale or pens.
United winning 13 Premier league games (43%) in 2013 without Rooney or pens.
City winning 15 Premier league games (50%) in 2013 without Aguero or pens.

Its all of 2013 bar one game.
So if we add in the extra game its:
Tottenham won 6 Premier league games (20%) in 2013 without Bale or pens.
United winning 13 Premier league games (43%) in 2013 without Rooney or pens.
City winning 15 Premier league games (50%) in 2013 without Aguero or pens.

It's a stupid stat. Because we also dont have Clint Dempsey playing off of Adebayor, or Ekotto at left back with Vertonghen at centre back in his best position or the the great partnership of Sandro and Dembele. Maybe they are the reasons we aren't winning games? Who the **** knows.

If you take away Lloris we probably would have lost every match. Oh wait, we might have played someone else in goal. I'm confused now :-k

It's a stupid stat. Because we also dont have Clint Dempsey playing off of Adebayor, or Ekotto at left back with Vertonghen at centre back in his best position or the the great partnership of Sandro and Dembele. Maybe they are the reasons we aren't winning games? Who the **** knows.

No what I'm saying is we have always struggled to score and struggled to create under AVB.
Bale masked over that by turning into Ronaldo for 5 months.

I have shown Bale not being there is the problem by looking the percentage of games we would have won without his goals. We would have won only 2 out of the last 17 league games of the 2012/13 season without Bale's goals. If you remove Dempsey's or Adebayor's as you suggest if would make no real difference.

Before Bale's run of form we were all frustrated on here. Remember Dempsey and Siggy struggling to create anything. Remember Lewis Holtby being hailed as a potential saviour when he actually linked up a few passes on his debut. That's how desperate we were then. We were a mess similar to what we are right now.

I think playing Lamela behind the striker might help a little on the creative side. I think he is still coming to terms with the pace of the PL but he looks to have a bit of vision and quick feet. Just having one option ahead of him is not enough though. If AVB continues with this current way of playing then our inside forwards start must making runs inside the full back or his passing options will be too limited.

Lamela looks of quicker thought than anyone else in midfield with some of his passing, certainly wasn't afraid to try the short pass down the inside of his marker in tight situations

Back