• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB - I want him out now!

I wouldn't use a 6 month and an 11 months tenure as examples of the folly of long term thinking or giving a manager the chance to build a side.

Why not? The point is if a man is wrong for a job he's wrong. Spurs have not been short termist. It's just we haven't made the right choice. I can't think of one manager other than possibly HR and even that is a moot point, who Levy has not been right to get rid of.

Why not? The point is if a man is wrong for a job he's wrong. Spurs have not been short termist. It's just we haven't made the right choice. I can't think of one manager other than possibly HR and even that is a moot point, who Levy has not been right to get rid of.

If you sack a man for having the club's best ever Premier League start whilst trying to integrate 7 new players, 3 youth team players and reintegrate two players following long injuries into the first team squad, what bar does that set for his successor?

If you sack a man for having the club's best ever Premier League start whilst trying to integrate 7 new players, 3 youth team players and reintegrate two players following long injuries into the first team squad, what bar does that set for his successor?

Erm winning trophies and/or getting in Champs League?

Erm winning trophies and/or getting in Champs League?

No one wins trophies or qualifies for the Champions League in November.

If that is the bar, we should see if the current manager can reach it before we start talking about a future without him.

No one wins trophies or qualifies for the Champions League in November.

If that is the bar, we should see if the current manager can reach it before we start talking about a future without him.

Agreed but if he cannot turn around our attack then it is fair to assume that he will not reach the Champs league or win trophies this season. If we don't achieve the former it will mean we fall further behind that leading pack of clubs and not keep our best players. That is what holds back our progress as a club imo more than our recent manager changes.

I don't. I am 100% certain that AVB will be with us until the end of the season. If he does not meet his objectives for the season or the board do not think that he is the right person to take the club forward, he should go.

Short-termism is just about the only way to guarantee failing in football, especially when you cannot compete financially with the teams that you are competing with. We've down this road too many times before.

One or two good results and it'll all start to look very different. Where are the people now who were saying a month ago that United would finish mid-table or in preseason were saying that Mourinho returning to Chelsea meant that they would run away with the league?

Yeah but United weren't playing that badly they were just not getting the breaks they still tonked Swansea 4-1 and looked like scoring all the time.
We on the other hand? Well I honestly can't believe we have the number of points we have. Some very favourable penalty decisions and lucky goals like Townsends at Villa have helped mask what are some of the worst performances I have seen in years.

We got tonked by West Ham at home and they had no striker! We were a mess, the players looked like they didn't know what they were doing. We got rightly thrashed.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine defeat was coming too and wasn't a surprise for me

Not really our best start, wait for the next 4 or 5 games.

If he can't integrate new players well, you should not be a manager . No one told him to play the 3 youth players.

Give any reasonable intelligent football fan £140m and he could do as well as AVB has done this season . I would say it id pretty hard to do as badly offensively as he had.

To spend all that money and not be able to score from open play is way below par.

AVB has been terrible so far this season, does not mean he can't turn it around, but there is no getting around the facts that he has played a stinker.

Our fixture list was **** easy though the only team we should have lost to (or rather an acceptable defeat) was Arsenal away.

In fact our start SHOULD have been much better as we should have another 6 points from home fixtures!

What is more the points we HAVE won have been very lucky with some very dodgy refereeing in our favour and lucky and/or last minute goals.

The performances have been shockingly bad and the results versus fixtures aren't even that great.

Our next three fixtures will all be defeats on current form though and I expect to be cut firmly adrift of the teams chasing CL

Our fixture list was **** easy though the only team we should have lost to (or rather an acceptable defeat) was Arsenal away.

In fact our start SHOULD have been much better as we should have another 6 points from home fixtures!

What is more the points we HAVE won have been very lucky with some very dodgy refereeing in our favour and lucky and/or last minute goals.

The performances have been shockingly bad and the results versus fixtures aren't even that great.

Our next three fixtures will all be defeats on current form though and I expect to be cut firmly adrift of the teams chasing CL

Totally agree, the more you think about it, the worse it looks. He really has been clueless so far. ATM, would anyone be confident giving him more money to spend?

Would he buy the right players? Even if he bought a great player, would he play them? AVB really needs to change his approach radically, fortunately I believe he might.

I'm used to you cherry picking information to try and support your argument and ignoring anything that contradicts it but trying to include games that have not happened yet really takes the biscuit.

If he can't integrate new players well, you should not be a manager . No one told him to play the 3 youth players.

Give any reasonable intelligent football fan £140m and he could do as well as AVB has done this season . I would say it id pretty hard to do as badly offensively as he had.

To spend all that money and not be able to score from open play is way below par.

AVB has been terrible so far this season, does not mean he can't turn it around, but there is no getting around the facts that he has played a stinker.

Read the bit in bold again and find a coherent way to explain it. You honestly think that 'any reasonable intelligent football fan' could gain the respect of a squad of professional players and train them and organize them? Really?

Read the bit in bold again and find a coherent way to explain it. You honestly think that 'any reasonable intelligent football fan' could gain the respect of a squad of professional players and train them and organize them? Really?

Yes , with help from coaching staff. I don't think they could do much worse - give me £140m to spend and I could come up with a better X1 than the one he picked for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

BTW - that is all AVB is, a football fan who bumped into Bobby Robson one day.

How many games have been played now? 10? Is it still our best ever start? Do we really have more points than we did under Arry's last season after the same number of league games?

I'll say the same thing that I said to Steff earlier in the thread, the league position is more important than points accrued in my book.

Yes , with help from coaching staff. I don't think they could do much worse - give me £140m to spend and I could come up with a better X1 than the one he picked for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

BTW - that is all AVB is, a football fan who bumped into Bobby Robson one day.

Omfg you are just so wrong about so many things. I don't want to 'take the man' really but you literally cannot be debated with intelligently when you come out with things like that.

Omfg you are just so wrong about so many things. I don't want to 'take the man' really but you literally cannot be debated with intelligently when you come out with things like that.

Take the man, but don't just say you are wrong. or even so wrong. That is just empty rhetoric .

How many games have been played now? 10? Is it still our best ever start? Do we really have more points than we did under Arry's last season after the same number of league games?

I'll say the same thing that I said to Steff earlier in the thread, the league position is more important than points accrued in my book.

No.
25 points from first 11 games under Redknapp 2011-12
20 points from first 11 games under AVB 2013-14
17 points from first 11 games under AVB 2012-13

Take the man, but don't just say you are wrong. or even so wrong. That is just empty rhetoric .

If your statement from your previous post was meant to be taken figuratively there could be some validity to it. But imagine what your imaginary coaching staff and playing staff would do with your 'reasonable intelligent football fan'. Most likely do what the **** they like and ignore pretty much everything else your 'reasonable intelligent football fan' said, apart from his amazing team selection, of course.

Scara often says footballers aren't the brightest bunch, do you think the players have a clue what AVB is going on about half the time? :lol: One thing AVB is not is concise.

I'll hold my hands up, I had similar concerns at the same time last season too, but we got our act together from December onwards. For some reason I'm just not as confident AVB can lead the side to a similar run of form this season. Is the style of football going to change as the season goes on? Are we going to become more ruthless and positive at home? If the answer is no then I see more West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine type results occuring.

If your statement from your previous post was meant to be taken figuratively there could be some validity to it. But imagine what your imaginary coaching staff and playing staff would do with your 'reasonable intelligent football fan'. Most likely do what the **** they like and ignore pretty much everything else your 'reasonable intelligent football fan' said, apart from his amazing team selection, of course.

AVB was a football fan who bumped into Bobby Robson and then became something else. Jose M was an interpreter

My point was of course half meant figuratively ,but not entirely . Because what you are saying, taken to its logical conclusion is - no matter how bad AVB does, no non manager could have done any better. I don't believe that .

As I said offensively , it would have been hard to worse than 6 goals from open play in 11 games.

The Southampton manager can't speak a word of English, many would have said that would have prohibited him from doing a good job.

You are right, we were five points up on our total this season in 2011/12

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurPremierLeaguePointsWon.html

I agree that league position is important but I would go further and say that it is really only the final league placing that counts

Back