• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

It's a squad game, we should be using it. Lamela, based on form should have been playing today.

Look at United, Janujaz was the hottest thing since sliced bread, scored and created in recent weeks, but didnt even come off the bench today.

In theory beating a man and crossing the ball. But the inverted wingers system doesn't do that which is why I personally think its stupid having Soldado and playing a system suited to a player like Giroud.

Townsend is a very good player still learning his trade but when he keeps in cutting and taking space away, plus his shoot on sight policy he is quickly rubbing up fans the wring way and it wing be long until their is a backlash against him

Personally why don't we okay him on the left where we have struggled all season?

There was a groan went up when he shot weakly and that was a shame. Later he made a shot that forced a save.

I sincerely hope that he he is not made a spacegoat.

There was a groan went up when he shot weakly and that was a shame. Later he made a shot that forced a save.

If he keeps getting it wrong, why is it spacegoating and not just getting it wrong?

I think a spell on the sidelines to re-evaluate and fight his way back into the team could be just what he needs..

And as I've alluded to previously, maybe watching the intelligent, intricate and incisive play of Lamela, he'll understand the notion of being unselfish and productive.

The press have kept him in the starting 11. If he had not done what he did for England he would not have played recently imo.

wow wasn't he one of our best players vs Hull and Villa? people are going on as if he's been poor for months:lol:

Well you've been a beacon of posivity in the past so I'll take your view with a... oops gone.

Brain; it's not his fault he gets picked and you are right, other players have also been blamed but as I said, they are seasoned internationals.

The whole inverted winger, one up front is a project. If anyone is to blame then blame the manager.

You are right, rest him for now

I got slaughtered when I said his goal for England was a disaster for us and he would continue to get no goals and no assists

Well I was spot on, unless I have missed something and he and us have been scoring recently.

Honestly he is really not a very good player, not even a proper footballer PL footballer , sorry I have nothing against him, comes across well in interviews.

But he is fecking up the team. Totally AVB fault he should have had played in the Cups and had a couple of PL sub appearances . he is exactly the same player that went out on loan all those times. The same standard as Livermore.

Perhaps varying up the play during a match? Have Townsend and Lennon swapping wings so as the defending full backs have to keep changing their tactic to defending. Might stop Townsend shooting as much if he is unable to cut inside to his stronger foot

The press have kept him in the starting 11. If he had not done what he did for England he would not have played recently imo.

i don't think it's that at all, he's in the team because we don't have the options atm - Lennon has only just come back in to the fold, Chadli is injured and Lamela is being eased in. whilst his performances haven't been amazing he is probably the best option for the moment

Yeah of course AVB is going to be influenced by the press isnt he,especially with the way the press are towards him Im sure he really cares what a load of journalists think....

If that performance only lead to one groan then he's not being made a spacegoat at all.

Because he is getting harsher criticism than anyone else for a comparatively similar, or often better, contribution.

I don't think he is. Soldado has more goals & assists yet comes in for insane criticism on here - Defoe too. Eriksen has done much more and has been described as a waste of money on this forum too.

Our fans are writing off all our players, not just Townsend because that's what we seem to do nowadays.

I don't think he is. Soldado has more goals & assists yet comes in for insane criticism on here - Defoe too. Eriksen has done much more and has been described as a waste of money on this forum too.

Our fans are writing off all our players, not just Townsend because that's what we seem to do nowadays.

:lol:

Eriksen has done more than Townsend?

wow wasn't he one of our best players vs Hull and Villa? people are going on as if he's been poor for months:lol:

This. Leave off the kid ffs. He has an injured wrist which in my view impedes him and he shouldn't have been playing in the first place IMO.

Also, from the analysis on MoTD, it was clear Saudi Sportswashing Machine had two or three men on Townsend at all times designed specifically to thwart him. This should have meant more space on the left but we had precisely nothing coming down this flank. Blame AVB for not spotting this and doing something about it - or at least switching Townsend there to bugger up Newcastles game plan.

I've seen several posters on here claim that he's been our best attacking player this season, quite clearly too apparently. Also seen it said that it would be madness to drop him or something similar.

AVB probably doesn't consider him undroppable, but for me at least he's showing him way too much credit.

I'm not buying the "he's just doing what he's being instructed to do". Why isn't Eriksen who has a cracking shot and dribbling ability, Sig who we know can score from distance or Lamela playing in a similar selfish way? Makes no sense to me that AVB would instruct Townsend to be super selfish whilst not asking others to do the same...

So you didn't find it frustrating today? Him dribbling into blind alleys, him taking rather hopeless looking shots after taking too many touches so he had already been closed down? You thought that was fine? We must have been watching different games. And after the interplay and link-up play Lamela showed midweek it was even more frustrating than usual.

Did you see the MoTD analysis? Saudi Sportswashing Machine came with a specific game plan for Townsend. He at least tried hard maybe too hard and it wasnt his best game for us. Personally I put the blame on the manager and other players for not having the nous to exploit the space elsewhere on the pitch.

Back