• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

Just back from the game. Townsend is like a headless chicken that doesn't know when to give up the ball. We;ve bought Lamela for 30m, same Lamela who played a blinder against Sheriff. Play him consistently for 7-8 games and integrate him into the team asap.

Just back from the game. Townsend is like a headless chicken that doesn't know when to give up the ball. We;ve bought Lamela for 30m, same Lamela who played a blinder against Sheriff. Play him consistently for 7-8 games and integrate him into the team asap.

The should have happened 7 or 8 games ago. Send Townsend out on loan or sell him, he is not a PL footballer, certainly not for a top half club.

The should have happened 7 or 8 games ago. Send Townsend out on loan or sell him, he is not a PL footballer, certainly not for a top half club.

Absolute dribble!!!! I heard people say that about Walcott too and Lennon at various times

There direct wingers and quality ones at that.

Play them on the side that suits them best and you will see the best of them. Inverted wingers is ******** and makes lefties on the right predictable

By the way I'm not saying he was good today because he wasn't but he is a very very good player and will more than make it in this league as he is already showing

Lamela did not play a blinder against Sheriff. He was good but not great.

Andros did little wrong and was better than OK today forcing I believe 2? saves from the goalie and feeding Walker to put in crosses on the right.

It does not seem to me that Lamela is begging AVB to put him in the side. I think Lamela is quite happy to only play cameos this season.

Getting a Taarabt vibe from him. You just know he's going to try to do it all himself. Needs to consider the positions he's in when he gets the ball, sometimes a simple a pass is the better option.

Lamela did not play a blinder against Sheriff. He was good but not great.

Andros did little wrong and was better than OK today forcing I believe 2? saves from the goalie and feeding Walker to put in crosses on the right.

It does not seem to me that Lamela is begging AVB to put him in the side. I think Lamela is quite happy to only play cameos this season.

So Lamela was only good against Sheriff, whilst Townsend was better than OK (close to good?) today? I disagree completely.

Do you think Townsend has played a worse PL game this season than he played today?

This is a World Cup year, Lamela had made his way into the Argentina squad before joining us. You really think he will be happy spending most of his time on the bench and making cameo appearances this season? Never mind the World Cup, he's a very highly rated 21 year old player who was a regular starter for Roma last season scoring 15 goals in the process and who was rated highly enough for us to break our transfer record for him. Do you really think he will be happy with just making cameos? Seems quite frankly ridiculous to me. What are you basing this on? Him not whinging to the media?

So Lamela was only good against Sheriff, whilst Townsend was better than OK (close to good?) today?
1,I disagree completely.

Do you think Townsend has played a worse PL game this season than he played today?

This is a World Cup year, Lamela had made his way into the Argentina squad before joining us. You really think he will be happy spending most of his time on the bench and making cameo appearances this season? Never mind the World Cup, he's a very highly rated 21 year old player who was a regular starter for Roma last season scoring 15 goals in the process and who was rated highly enough for us to break our transfer record for him. Do you really think he will be happy with just making cameos? Seems quite frankly ridiculous to me. 2What are you basing this on? Him not whinging to the media?

1,How very dare you!!
2,Yes

1,How very dare you!!
2,Yes

1. Would you mind answering if Townsend has had any worse games this season in your opinion?

2. Wow. Yeah, I'm sticking with ridiculous. A player is being professional, trying to let his football do the talking for him in public and keeping any complaints he might have either to himself or internally in the club and as a response he gets an accusation from a fan that he's quite happy with cameo performances.

He is a youth product, been shipped out on loan a number of times, come into the side and been brilliant. He needs to mature and develop in his play - he sure as hell has a great attitude!

The system is still evolving, seasoned players are struggling (Spanish and Brazilian internationals) but no, let's get on the back of this kid and call him greedy because he want to score. Believe it or not, he has pressure on him now to succeed as well! He's an England international and is under focus. No doubt the media will be the quickly on his back (bring them up and knock them down) let's not assist them.

If AVB wants to play a certain type of footie then he may want to start Lamela - let's not witchhunt Andros just to get the other option. I love Andros but perhaps he will not fit into what our manager wants, that's not his fault.

Seriously, get some perspective. We hardly ever get youth products coming through and the way some of you act, we may as well give up.

1. Would you mind answering if Townsend has had any worse games this season in your opinion?

2. Wow. Yeah, I'm sticking with ridiculous. A player is being professional, trying to let his football do the talking for him in public and keeping any complaints he might have either to himself or internally in the club and as a response he gets an accusation from a fan that he's quite happy with cameo performances.
1. I don't keep a mental TOTP chart of performances. He has been very consistent this season. Today he was not any worse than other games.

2. Neither you or I have any idea about Lamela's state of mind. I think following his brother's tweets may give an indication if you care that much.

1. I don't keep a mental TOTP chart of performances. He has been very consistent this season. Today he was not any worse than other games.

2. Neither you or I have any idea about Lamela's state of mind. I think following his brother's tweets may give an indication if you care that much.

Neither of us have any idea about Lamela's state of mind.

How about then just assuming that as a 21 year old highly rated footballer on the verge of breaking into his national team he probably wants to play football? Seems like a safe enough assumption accepting that we have no idea about his state of mind don't you think? Or would you make similar speculations about most footballers in a similar situation?

He is very poor in his decision making, its all well and good dribbling down the wing but you need to have awareness of players around you and their positions. I mean look at Bale when he did those runs he would always whip in an amazing cross to the 6yd box but AT just keeps dribbling with no purpose and invariably loses the ball or tries a stupid spot or dribbles across the area and then passes it at the other side when all the momentum etc is gone.

Lamela cost £30m and hasn't even started a premiership game yet, I think it's time to unleash him and see what he can do.

He is a youth product, been shipped out on loan a number of times, come into the side and been brilliant. He needs to mature and develop in his play - he sure as hell has a great attitude!

The system is still evolving, seasoned players are struggling (Spanish and Brazilian internationals) but no, let's get on the back of this kid and call him greedy because he want to score. Believe it or not, he has pressure on him now to succeed as well! He's an England international and is under focus. No doubt the media will be the quickly on his back (bring them up and knock them down) let's not assist them.

If AVB wants to play a certain type of footie then he may want to start Lamela - let's not witchhunt Andros just to get the other option. I love Andros but perhaps he will not fit into what our manager wants, that's not his fault.

Seriously, get some perspective. We hardly ever get youth products coming through and the way some of you act, we may as well give up.

Considering some of the comments about our other players I don't think there's much of a witch hunt aimed at Andros going on.

He hasn't been particularly effective, he's proven himself promising and talented and he's confirmed that he does some things really well and other things not so well.

I don't think starting him week in week out is the right approach to help him deal with the pressure you talk of or the right way to help him develop as a player.

If he's been brilliant give me crap.

Trouble is other teams brilliant attacking players score and create goals. Other teams brilliant players take shots that go in.

11 games , one lucky goals , no assists, is that really brilliant ? Don't care if he is a youth product, he is not good enough.

Really , really hope he does not do anything for England in the next two games. The hype will be sickening and we will suffer for it as we have done since his last outing for England.

His shooting is actually getting worse.

Well you've been a beacon of posivity in the past so I'll take your view with a... oops gone.

Brain; it's not his fault he gets picked and you are right, other players have also been blamed but as I said, they are seasoned internationals.

The whole inverted winger, one up front is a project. If anyone is to blame then blame the manager.

You are right, rest him for now

Are people actually slating townsend?

The only player who shows a bit of quality and plays with heart..

Of course he tries to do it all himself, because they others around him are sleeping. No movement whatsoever.

We are over reliant on him whereas he should be just a talented young kid and fantastic bonus to the team if the others were doing their job properly.

He's gonna score a wondergoal against Germany now and be undroppable in the eyes of the media.

Back