• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

Thought AVB said they just pust a splint on his hand and he will be fine.

If he cant play this weekend or v Toon at least we have Lennon back now. 3 more games than we have another International break, so should hopefully if he misses the next few games, he might have a chance to be back for City or United.

Dont worry he has been training fine and will be playing with some protection on his hand..

Would be a big blow if he couldn't play.

Lamela hasn't really settled yet and Lennon now finds himself playing in a team that doesn't fit his abilities at all.

All Lennon does now is pass back to Walker and then proceed to get in the way. The two have no understanding with each other and it just doesn't work. You can't put him on the left either because he's always going to cut in and even if he does go down the left he'll send in a little flair of a cross my 4 year old niece could do.

He is absolutely our most important player right now.

I think Sigurosson has been just as crucial this season so far...

That touch and goal last week, if Bale had done it last season it would have been on the back page for a week.

Poor game today, still inconsistent, not sure he's a first team automatic for me in PL.

Totally agree think everyone getting carried away with the England hype. sig for me

Big fan of his and so chuffed he got the chance to show he is good enough to play top flight football. But im not sure if it is the coaching because all the players look awful. But he needs to focus more on his end product and the constant shooting which i can only assume comes from the coaches orders is not good for the team if we want to actually create chances.

Big fan of his and so chuffed he got the chance to show he is good enough to play top flight football. But im not sure if it is the coaching because all the players look awful. But he needs to focus more on his end product and the constant shooting which i can only assume comes from the coaches orders is not good for the team if we want to actually create chances.[/QUO

time for someone else to have a go out there

I think todays performance has given AVB the chance to put Lamela in for him. I think Andros would even admit he wasn't too good today and would probably understand the decision, though I'd still have him on the left, him attacking Zabaleta or whoever will be playing right back for City next week could be exciting. Time to be brave now.

Incredibly frustrating today. I've defended him in the past and probably will in the future too, but I really think we need to play Lamela ahead of him for a bit.

Did well in a couple of situations, once towards the end of the first half and of course the good ball to Eriksen who should have scored. But so many frustrating headless runs into dead alleys and hopeless looking shots that were easy to block for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine defenders.

Overall he does well when he gets the ball high up the pitch with some space to take on defenders, but his decision making when it's a bit more crowded or when he's in deeper positions just keeps letting him down. So many situations today where he could have released the ball quickly, but failed to do so and instead dribbled his way into a corner or lost the ball.

Incredibly frustrating today. I've defended him in the past and probably will in the future too, but I really think we need to play Lamela ahead of him for a bit.

Did well in a couple of situations, once towards the end of the first half and of course the good ball to Eriksen who should have scored. But so many frustrating headless runs into dead alleys and hopeless looking shots that were easy to block for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine defenders.

Overall he does well when he gets the ball high up the pitch with some space to take on defenders, but his decision making when it's a bit more crowded or when he's in deeper positions just keeps letting him down. So many situations today where he could have released the ball quickly, but failed to do so and instead dribbled his way into a corner or lost the ball.

agree with all that.....the decision making is poor

Same as. I've defended him deservedly but today he was predictable and spent too much time head down rather than looking up. His shooting was awful and again predictable

I hate to agree with Colin fishwick but he ends to be dropped for a game or two or played on the LEFT

Same as. I've defended him deservedly but today he was predictable and spent too much time head down rather than looking up. His shooting was awful and again predictable

I hate to agree with Colin fishwick but he ends to be dropped for a game or two or played on the LEFT

Surely a season or two would be better. 11 games no assists, one flukey goal. Spend £30m on a technically great player like Lamela and let the extremely unproductive Townsend keep him from staring a single PL match.

Crazy , stupid management . Makes me think AVB is not shrewd enough.

Back