• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'No OOMT for Sheriff?' OMT ***

Spurs have just signed a lot of new players and most of them play, so not having team relations is normal, in consequence the pace of the team is not great. Just wait until everybody is settled in nicely, they play a few months together, understand each other a the flow of the game will pick up.

I have to disagree there

imo before then the club knew Bale was a goner and had already started the rebuilding job

Again, no.

I can categorically tell you that he and his agent had agreed to stay for this season. It is why the club aggressively pushed for promotions involving him in place such as Times Square. The time he knew was Hong Kong, but not before then.

Spurs have just signed a lot of new players and most of them play, so not having team relations is normal, in consequence the pace of the team is not great. Just wait until everybody is settled in nicely, they play a few months together, understand each other a the flow of the game will pick up.

=D>

Arsene Wenger has had, what, 16 years to establish that mandate @ the **** and is, how old, 61? 62?

I do absolutely see the point you're making on one hand, but on the other, we are talking about some very different situations.

I am pretty sure you are AVB but ill give you the benefit of the doubt here ;)

I dont think AVB would ever get us to play the way Arsenal play - lets be honest. We are functional so functional its dull and boring. There have been times we have played well and other times we have looked dull and boring. Its actually unpredictable which spurs will turn out and made that point in the Villa thread. I watched the game half heartedly today so my post isnt really around this game but what ive seen of us in the past.

We are a team very rigid, no fluidity, no pace, no excitement and as others have alluded in this thread, players seem to be playing within themselves rather than actually going out expressing themselves.

Say what you will, but he walked into a club who's entire philosophy had been changed by one MASSIVE signing that our-then chairman disparaged with absolute complete and utter ignorance.

You will also note that the foundation of Wenger's side was actually a defense inherited from GGG.

Frankly, I think Wenger has been a phenomenal manager, and he also exploited a seam of African and French talent that had, at that time, remained untapped. His experience in France obviously gave him a massive advantage in this regard.

But make no mistake, the revolution there had started already. It is precisely why Dein agreed to Bergkamp and even more why he took Glenn Hoddle's advice and snapped Wenger up at the first opportunity.

in one year he transformed the likes of Winterburn, Dixon, Ray fecking Parlour who all attacked like maniacs and contributed greatly to the new open attacking style that brought them the title in 98

the whole philosophy changed, players who used to lump it from the back now started to play short passes and showed inteligence in their movement off the ball

Bergkamp made a difference, but it takes more than one man to turn a team on a downward spiral into champions

anyway, fcuk em....all i want to see is an entertaining and winning Tottenham team. Its not much to ask :)

I am pretty sure you are AVB but ill give you the benefit of the doubt here ;)

I dont think AVB would ever get us to play the way Arsenal play - lets be honest. We are functional so functional its dull and boring. There have been times we have played well and other times we have looked dull and boring. Its actually unpredictable which spurs will turn out and made that point in the Villa thread. I watched the game half heartedly today so my post isnt really around this game but what ive seen of us in the past.

We are a team very rigid, no fluidity, no pace, no excitement and as others have alluded in this thread, players seem to be playing within themselves rather than actually going out expressing themselves.

Sorry mate, you really do have to re-read that. No pace? No excitement? Do you GENUINELY believe that (and in turn, I am not referring to tonight's game)?

in one year he transformed the likes of Winterburn, Dixon, Ray fecking Parlour who all attacked like maniacs and contributed greatly to the new open attacking style that brought them the title in 98

the whole philosophy changed, players who used to lump it from the back now started to play short passes and showed inteligence in their movement off the ball

Bergkamp made a difference, but it takes more than one man to turn a team on a downward spiral into champions

anyway, fcuk em....all i want to see is an entertaining and winning Tottenham team. Its not much to ask :)

Sorry mate, I don't mean to troll or even come across as a dingdonghead, but again, I have to ask that you re-read that sentence and tell me if you think ANY of that applies to what you see us trying to build and achieve...

Again, no.

I can categorically tell you that he and his agent had agreed to stay for this season. It is why the club aggressively pushed for promotions involving him in place such as Times Square. The time he knew was Hong Kong, but not before then.

we would not have paid 26 mill for Soldado, bowed to all of Valencia's payment and price demands, if we didnt know that Bale was off...no way. Remember we were haggling over David Villa's price with Barca and A Madrid stole in and nicked him. Our whole big spending spree began with Soldado when we knew Bale was a goner

Sorry mate, I don't mean to troll or even come across as a dingdonghead, but again, I have to ask that you re-read that sentence and tell me if you think ANY of that applies to what you see us trying to build and achieve...

all im saying is that withn a year Wenger managed to completely transform the scum style of play. I think AVB has an easier job because under Arry we played good attacking and open football. I dont understand why our attacking play is so rigid when we have so many talented players. All im thinking is that this is how AVB wants us to play and nothing will change

we would not have paid 26 mill for Soldado, bowed to all of Valencia's payment and price demands, if we didnt know that Bale was off...no way. Remember we were haggling over David Villa's price with Barca and A Madrid stole in and nicked him. Our whole big spending spree began with Soldado when we knew Bale was a goner

No.
Joe Lewis.
50 million loan guaranteed.
Discussed and agreed on yacht early summer.
Why didn't it make big news? Because you don't advertise what you have...there was no haggle with Barca, they were ready, Villa was waiting to see if AM would come in as he wanted to stay in Spain pure and simple.

Having said that, I look at what we got for Bale and it's laughable now...robbery...and NOW we have to be careful in the market and hope word of the Lewis loan remains low-key...because it's there for us mate...

all im saying is that withn a year Wenger managed to completely transform the scum style of play. I think AVB has an easier job because under Arry we played good attacking and open football. I dont understand why our attacking play is so rigid when we have so many talented players. All im thinking is that this is how AVB wants us to play and nothing will change

This is a long discussion which probably belongs elsewhere...I would say, however, that AVB had nothing easier at all. The foundation he had to build on was not nearly as solid as you suggest. He had A LOT of work to do in a short amount of time PLUS an expectation...

There's the million dollar question. To what degree can they be combined? In the end it's results that matters the most.

For now I'll take winning over entertainment. I would hope we can keep AVB and this group of players together for at least a couple of season without major changes. It's far too soon to be expecting the finished article.

No.
Joe Lewis.
50 million loan guaranteed.
Discussed and agreed on yacht early summer.
Why didn't it make big news? Because you don't advertise what you have...there was no haggle with Barca, they were ready, Villa was waiting to see if AM would come in as he wanted to stay in Spain pure and simple.

Having said that, I look at what we got for Bale and it's laughable now...robbery...and NOW we have to be careful in the market and hope word of the Lewis loan remains low-key...because it's there for us mate...

the 50 million loan guarantee that was all over the Spurs forums, a loan that even you are so sure about, and you are telling me that no-one else in the football world knows about it?

I look forward to January then because we should see a big chunk of this mysterious and secret 50 mill loan being spent

There's the million dollar question. To what degree can they be combined? In the end it's results that matters the most.

For now I'll take winning over entertainment. I would hope we can keep AVB and this group of players together for at least a couple of season without major changes. It's far too soon to be expecting the finished article.

Yeah, but how long is AVB gonna stick around?

we are winning and yes for that im grateful

Sorry mate, you really do have to re-read that. No pace? No excitement? Do you GENUINELY believe that (and in turn, I am not referring to tonight's game)?

We HAVE the players - not the tactics in which the players are able to express themselves. I have seen glimpses and thats mainly in away games. I do GENUINELY believe it. I also GENUINELY believe AVB has naked pics of you with another man or something and you dont want him to publish those haha

ps - by fluid I mean dynamic, impetus, verve, quick etc all those words synonymous with spurs and the past few seasons. At present its very rigid and functional which may serve the purpose of winning (it wont each game and more difficult at home)

Let's stay onside mate. I'm enjoying our discussion as you have great points to discuss and debate.

It wasn't an attack. You are AVB's biggest champion on this forum, so I can understand why you are continually sticking up for him even though, in my opinion, the evidence points to the contrary on a lot of things.

Does it take time for a Manager to come in and change the playing style ethos at a club? Of course it does. About a month.

If Hoddle, Venables or even Redknapp became our Manager tomorrow then I am 100% sure that by the end of November we'd be playing faster, flowing, more attractive football than we are now. Would the results be as good? That I can't say.

But what I can say is that we've been a bloody good team now for years, and therefore the demands on a new manager coming in are a lot higher than before. The expectations are higher because the quality of players he inherited was excellent. People, possibly correctly, state that with so many new players it is going to take time to gel. My argument back to that is the same as last season. Even with Modric and then Bale's departure did we really NEED to bring in so many new faces to improve on a team that was already top five quality? I say no. So if the current problem is too many new faces requiring a bedding in period, then I firmly lay that on the managers doorstep too. I just hope it doesn't cost us top four, because I genuinely believe it did last season.

Back