• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'No OOMT for Sheriff?' OMT ***

No goals conceded in the Europa, on the cusp of qualification, sauntering around with our squad players, could've been three had Azza not hit the post...

...but doubtless someone will complain!!!!!!!!

Pretty phenomenal start to the season
PALACE 1-0
DINAMO TBILISI 5-0
SWANSEA 1-0
DINAMO TBILISI 3-0
ARSENAL 0-1
NORWICH 2-0
TROMSO 3-0
CARDIFF 1-0
ASTON VILLA 4-0
CHELSEA 1-1
ANZHI 2-0
WEST HAM 0-3
ASTON VILLA 2-0
SHERIFF 2-0

Pretty phenomenal start to the season
PALACE 1-0
DINAMO TBILISI 5-0
SWANSEA 1-0
DINAMO TBILISI 3-0
ARSENAL 0-1
NORWICH 2-0
TROMSO 3-0
CARDIFF 1-0
ASTON VILLA 4-0
CHELSEA 1-1
ANZHI 2-0
WEST HAM 0-3
ASTON VILLA 2-0
SHERIFF 2-0

I agree...Statto (if you're reading) have we ever started a season with so many clean sheets?

So frustrating to see us 2-0 up and continually going backwards with the ball. Why?!!

I don't understand it either? When Chelsea or **** get up a few goals they want to go on and thrash the opponet get in the goals etc... We always seem content to just take the air out of the ball and wait for the whistle it is a little frustrating

that being said 3 points job done and all that

I don't understand it either? When Chelsea or **** get up a few goals they want to go on and thrash the opponet get in the goals etc... We always seem content to just take the air out of the ball and wait for the whistle it is a little frustrating

that being said 3 points job done and all that

Exactly. All our players do is turn around and pass the ball back to the centre backs and then to Lloris. It's totally pointless and achieves nothing. Especially not when there's only 5 minutes left.

No goals conceded in the Europa, on the cusp of qualification, sauntering around with our squad players, could've been three had Azza not hit the post...

...but doubtless someone will complain!!!!!!!!

The results HAVE been flattering us though, and that is why there is concern. If a team continues to play well and not get the rub of the green, then sooner or later the results turn positive. The opposite is also true.

Our performances have to improve considerably if we are serious about getting top four this season. And if we aren't capable of top four this season then please AVB for the love of GHod can we at least TRY and play entertaining football?!

a win...but we play such dull football under AVB most of the time. At least it was exciting to watch under Redknapp. I'm waiting for it all to come together under AVB's master plan -but I have feeling this is AVB's master plan.

I know Lamela struggled, but he made three runs forward with the ball looking for a one-two, only to find the ball heading back to the defence rather than on to him.
I've seen both Soldado and Lamela looking for a quick a one-two and not getting it now.

The results HAVE been flattering us though, and that is why there is concern. If a team continues to play well and not get the rub of the green, then sooner or later the results turn positive. The opposite is also true.

Our performances have to improve considerably if we are serious about getting top four this season. And if we aren't capable of top four this season then please AVB for the love of GHod can we at least TRY and play entertaining football?!

we are so one paced........it will be interesting to see how the team reacts if we go behind in another game. The last two times it happened we lost and never looked liked breaking out of this 3rd gear we were stuck in

Lamela is too talented for him not to succeed. Just looks like he's really struggling to adapt to his new team etc at the moment. Mind you, any attacking player would struggle given the way we move the ball
I did not like the guy's attitude tonight. He is a reserve and he has no right to be glaring at other players or casting his eyes up.

maybe thats the idea.....send everyone to sleep, including the opposition, and simply nick a goal or two and hey presto 3 points in the bag......master plan by AVB

a win...but we play such dull football under AVB most of the time. At least it was exciting to watch under Redknapp. I'm waiting for it all to come together under AVB's master plan -but I have feeling this is AVB's master plan.

I know Lamela struggled, but he made three runs forward with the ball looking for a one-two, only to find the ball heading back to the defence rather than on to him.
I've seen both Soldado and Lamela looking for a quick a one-two and not getting it now.

There's still room for the players to improve their movement and pass the ball quicker.

We shouldn't ignore the fact that Sheriff pressured us like crazy in the first half. Once their energy levels dropped we had already secured the win and didn't need to get out of second gear. Take away the sloppiness in the first half and it's a comfortable win for us.

I did not like the guy's attitude tonight. He is a reserve and he has no right to be glaring at other players or casting his eyes up.

im glad he showed a bit of anger and emotion. I didnt think he had it in him. It will help him during this transitional phase of new club/country/culture

we are so one paced........it will be interesting to see how the team reacts if we go behind in another game. The last two times it happened we lost and never looked liked breaking out of this 3rd gear we were stuck in

Agreed. It amuses me how people often claim other teams park the bus against us. The reality is most of the time they don't. The reality is that our approach play is so laboured that we allow teams to get back into a defensive shape, and because we don't play with any great width we can't get behind them. So when you have a team who are in a defensive shape and you are trying to get through the middle it's very difficult.

Basically, we make life hard for ourselves. On the plus side, the reason why we don't concede goals isn't because we have a super wonderful defence. It's because we keep the ball so well that we defend through possession.

Back