• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Because it shows us that rather than the goons being world beaters, they've actually just had a really easy run of matches.

I've seen them start well and falter in January far too many times to get all excited about them in October.

I think in March they have run of 4 games they lost last year, including the NLD at WHL. Could be a decisive part of the season for them.

It shows you there's no reason to get excited about Arsenal winning a few games in a row. They would have won most of them anyway, even if they happened to be spaced out across the season.

so, last season Man Utd got 19pts from this seasons equivalent 8 games so far.....this season they have gathered 11 points

Utd are now sh!t?

so, last season Man Utd got 19pts from this seasons equivalent 8 games so far.....this season they have gathered 11 points

Utd are now sh!t?

Well are they as good as they were last year? Bear in mind they weren't special at all last year, they just had the world's best striker in the form of his life.

It shows you there's no reason to get excited about Arsenal winning a few games in a row. They would have won most of them anyway, even if they happened to be spaced out across the season.

13/1412/1311/12
Aston Villa (H)1-32-13-0
Fulham (A)3-11-01-2
Tottenham (H)1-05-25-2
Sunderland (A)3-11-02-1
Stoke (H)3-11-03-1
Swansea (A)2-12-02-3
West Brom (A)1-12-13-2
Norwich (H)4-13-13-3
Points192416

We are the only team who didn't score against them?

Half-time in Moscow in match that has been fun to watch with little happening. 2-1 is good considering how shaky we have looked when they've come forward, especially when Honda gets the ball. Aguero is in a great run of form at the moment, hopefully he can now become the world class striker people thought he would be by now. Alongside Negredo, I have never seen two strikers look so well suited to each other.

Half-time in Moscow in match that has been fun to watch with little happening. 2-1 is good considering how shaky we have looked when they've come forward, especially when Honda gets the ball. Aguero is in a great run of form at the moment, hopefully he can now become the world class striker people thought he would be by now. Alongside Negredo, I have never seen two strikers look so well suited to each other.

never see Berbs and Keane?

never see Berbs and Keane?

I didn't count those, because they could play on their own and score a tonne against us. I remember one particular game, I think it was in the cup. Zokora was sent off and Berbatov played the line on his own and it was honestly one of the best individual performances I've ever seen. GHod, that seems like a long time ago.

I didn't count those, because they could play on their own and score a tonne against us. I remember one particular game, I think it was in the cup. Zokora was sent off and Berbatov played the line on his own and it was honestly one of the best individual performances I've ever seen. GHod, that seems like a long time ago.

Pretty much this. Much is made of the vaunted partnership between Berbatov and Keane among my fellow Spurs fans, but it actually wasn't a very good partnership at all. Berbatov on his day can make any of his strike partners look excellent but in reality him and Keane rarely linked up well with each other. But the space Berbatov created for Keane simply through his movement and being double marked meant Keane had a lot more time and space. Their partnership also improved once it was Berbatov that started dropping deep and Keane playing off the shoulder of the last man.

It is strange how people often reflect solely on goalscoring stats to say a strike partnership is good. You can have two out and out strikers score 20 goals a season each whilst playing up front alongside each other, without ever really forming a partnership.

We won 2-0 or 2-1, your right, Berbs performance was ridiculous, he was so fricken good for us, still gutted he left

I know alot would say 5-1, but that game was Ramos' best as Spurs manager, that was superb. 10 men, against a team who hadnt lost at home, berba was great!

As much as I enjoy those season comparison things (and I genuinely do, that's not sarcasm) I stopped putting too much faith into it when it kept predicting we d finish about 10 points above Arsenal throughout most of the season.

Pretty much this. Much is made of the vaunted partnership between Berbatov and Keane among my fellow Spurs fans, but it actually wasn't a very good partnership at all. Berbatov on his day can make any of his strike partners look excellent but in reality him and Keane rarely linked up well with each other. But the space Berbatov created for Keane simply through his movement and being double marked meant Keane had a lot more time and space. Their partnership also improved once it was Berbatov that started dropping deep and Keane playing off the shoulder of the last man.

It is strange how people often reflect solely on goalscoring stats to say a strike partnership is good. You can have two out and out strikers score 20 goals a season each whilst playing up front alongside each other, without ever really forming a partnership.

blasphemy, they were outstanding together. telepathic.

We won 2-0 or 2-1, your right, Berbs performance was ridiculous, he was so fricken good for us, still gutted he left

I'm glad we didn't sign him in 08, we would have ruined him more than United did. Just curious, how did you spend the £30m you got for him?

1-0 to PSG and who else could it be? But Ibrahimovic, who now has 6 goals in his last 3 games. 36 goals scored in his last 47 games.

Remember his goal from the weekend? Well, this was nothing like it. A good run by Van Der Wiel down the wing, good square ball across the face of Anderlecht's goal and there's Ibrahimovic who converts.

1-0

The game is far from all PSG though. Anderlecht have attacked, seemingly recognising Van Der Wiel as the weak defensive link as they've been attacking a lot down his flank.

Back