• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

I still think Capoues passing is overrated. He was playing it safe his first few games, most players do that at new clubs, play it simple, do the safe an easy ball. Palacios was the same in that regard, he got a bit comfortable, realised he was being loved and tried over elaborate passes when more simple ones were on, we all remember Palacios as a good ball winner but terrible passer. Capoue will never be a bad passer in that respect but the performance against Arsenal sort of proved that to me, he tried too many passes that weren't on or weren't needed at the time.

We'll see as the season progresses I suppose. One game against a very good team very early in his career doesn't say that much. How do you think he compares to the other 3 obvious central midfield options we have when it comes to passing?

I don't think he plays any more safe and easy passes than Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho in our buildup play, quite the opposite actually. Of course most of the passes a deep midfielder will make will be relatively safe, but I think he moved the ball quicker and more effectively than those other lads and was more willing to make purposeful forward passes past levels of pressure. Very early days though.

TheHood.jpg

I know his English is not good but in the IV after the game I think he said he was a bit worried about doing the 90 minutes in an EPL game.

So fair play to AVB for picking the right game.

That tackle after about 7 minutes when he came steaming in from the centre of the pitch out to the wing. He makes up a ridiculous amount of ground and even then doesn't slide before winning the ball. Worth getting a gif if anyone knows how to do that.

Ranks alongside King's on Robben IMO.

The beast is back!

The Beast does not cry...

[video=youtube;tZGqJK7-ZJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZGqJK7-ZJQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I was pessimistic before the game but relaxed when I heard that Sandro in the team. He is such a big player -is there a better player in his position in the league?
Hopefully we can now start looking "upwards" in the table again, not worry about slipping downwards. Could be some season....

The Beast does not cry...

[video=youtube;tZGqJK7-ZJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZGqJK7-ZJQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Fantastic! :lol: Love how he has taken to his own nickname - and great to see him back in the starting lineup yesterday.

The momentum had switched with the Benteke sub and certainly he was giving our two CBs a hard time. I think the Dembele sub allowed Sandro to sit a bit deeper and challenge Benteke for the ball with the lads mopping up behind. A good tactical switch by AVB which I think helped us wrest the initiative back from Villa.

Back