• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Re: Official - Townsend

Personally I do not find the joke racist but as much as I do not like the Sun I do not blame them for this furore the story has caused. If a player was offended by his manager and told the Sun then it is a good story for them. My issue is with the player who was offended and leaked it to the Sun. While the player has the right to say he was offended he should have the balls to call out with his manager before going to the press. I bet if he had Roy would have apologised profusely and explained that was not his intent. To go straight to the Sun seems wrong to me. Heck what do I know, I am a Yid and I sing what I want

I agree fully.

Lord Ouseley said Hodgson’s comments were "not a hanging offence"
http://news.sky.com/story/1155794/hodgson-monkey-joke-should-be-investigated

Hold on a minute....remember "we don't care when you're hanging from a tree"?

If it is not racist, it has racist connotations. It is hardly a massive leap from the words 'hanging from a tree' to the Lynch Laws in America, when black people were routinely found hanging from a tree.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...eful-abuse-Sol-Campbell-gone-long-enough.html

That was a despicable chant but IMHO it wasn't actually racist. But if we are going to say that a reference to hanging is racist well, Lord Kick-It-Out needs to be handing in his notice.

IMHO he's not made a racist remark, neither has Roy. The only clearly racist party here is The Sun newspaper.

1) It really is a non-event.

2) Hodgson's half time team talks sound ridiculous. It's like his interviews, 50 words to say something he could say in 5 words. Concise this man is not.

3) You have a black player, who you refer to as a monkey. Even if it wasn't in an intentional or racist manner, it's still a very thoughtless thing to say and clearly a player was upset by it because they leaked it.

Can you imagine Alex Ferguson telling a lame joke at half time in an important game still at 0-0.
If anything Hodgson should be sacked for that really.

It would be ridiculous if Hodgson was sacked for a 'racist' incident when he already done much worse in breaking apartheid and playing in South Africa during the ban.

As far as I'm concerned people can be offended by whatever they want to be offended by. But people don't have a right to use the fact that they got offended as an automatic reason why others should behave differently.

I know with racism it's a very touchy subject, but at some point the problem is not with the person that said something and rather with the person that took offense.

Not saying that this is necessarily the case here, just to be clear.

you realise that your last disclaimer sentence on a topic like this holds no sway on someone like me and others thats been targeted by hatred in the past LOL. Its good you put it there but it doesnt help a topic like this plus it was unecessary as i think you are one of the most anti-racism guys on here anyway

what does that even mean "at some point its the guy who got offended thats to blame"??!!

are you talking about when you deem it unnecessary to get offended? Then you blame the guy whose life you probably know little about for getting offended?

i'll tell you this , everyone can do what they want. you want to make a recist slur, go ahead, you want to make an innocent joke? go ahead. you want to get offended ? by all means. you want to tell people to stop those words? go ahead. you want to make peopl that get offended to chill the **** out? go ahead

fact of the matter is everyone has the right to react how they want to. it just depends what kind of camp you come from. case in point...i'm still waiting for someone from a black ethnic background to come out here and say they are ****ed that someone of another black ethnic back ground took offense to Hudgson jokingly refer to another black professional as a monkey......you have to ask yourself if he would have said it to a white guy. (he probably would have but in this case he didnt . and that is always trouble)

understandably, non black guys are like "you guys. what's the big deal, dont be soooo sensitive man, it was just a joke" which is in actual fact the truth...but i dont understand the outrage directed at the topic and that people might get offended

you should champion this , why should people not be allowed to call a demographic something that might be a bit touchy. you think its fine to so it must be alright...;)

First and foremost - it really does smack of the press trying to make a positive (England qualifying for the WC) into a negative. Only a day after they qualified, the press used Andros' gambling punishment as a case study for another gambling issue in footie (pretty much stating that he got off lightly). Andros is in the media spotlight following his POSITIVE appearances so the media are using something topical remain topical but in a NEGATIVE aspect. To summarise; the papers need to sell, they try to keep topics hot (well blow me down, we're discussing it here!) and they suceed...

If all is true... my take...

Roy has managed in many nations and I think he will be culturally aware and IMO will not be as stoopid as to turn out like Alf Garnett at half time.

Did Roy act in a racist way in his ignorance? NO
Was his example/story misguided based on the sensitivity around racial connotations? PERHAPS

The fact this should be shot to the ground was the point where Andros dismissed it - his father is involved with Racism in Footie and I'm sure the lad would have consulted his father before Tweeting.

Who is to blame here? The fecking media, who else...

**** example from Roy though, does he want the players to fall asleep at half time???:D

Oh dear. So so sad the way society has become with this bullshti! It really depresses me, its actually painful to read this sort of thing and i actually feel sorry for those who make this a headline. Ive had enough of this monkey business. Im done.

I'm pretty sure it's someone who doesn't get much football under this manager - it's political. Nobody is that stupid/sensitive to take actual offence.

i dont think i have ever said a bad word to you since i have been here as i hold nothing but th utmost respect for what you have done here. but you are completely mad and ignorant to say that

you've basically called anyone that found that offensive stupid and overly sensitive, which i think is some bull****

How come your chick's gun doesn't move anymore?

Did it ever move???? (it was meant to) :D

I can't even remember why I chose it :D Perhaps I need to get creative...

Oh by the way, as you're on the line - Went to Jamaica Plantations in C0ckfosters (where I first met Edgar Davids) and they have Blackstrap Capsules!!! Didn't buy, need to do some research :D

you realise that your last disclaimer sentence on a topic like this holds no sway on someone like me and others thats been targeted by hatred in the past LOL. Its good you put it there but it doesnt help a topic like this plus it was unecessary as i think you are one of the most anti-racism guys on here anyway

what does that even mean "at some point its the guy who got offended thats to blame"??!!

are you talking about when you deem it unnecessary to get offended? Then you blame the guy whose life you probably know little about for getting offended?

i'll tell you this , everyone can do what they want. you want to make a recist slur, go ahead, you want to make an innocent joke? go ahead. you want to get offended ? by all means. you want to tell people to stop those words? go ahead. you want to make peopl that get offended to chill the **** out? go ahead

fact of the matter is everyone has the right to react how they want to. it just depends what kind of camp you come from. case in point...i'm still waiting for someone from a black ethnic background to come out here and say they are ****ed that someone of another black ethnic back ground took offense to Hudgson jokingly refer to another black professional as a monkey......you have to ask yourself if he would have said it to a white guy. (he probably would have but in this case he didnt . and that is always trouble)

understandably, non black guys are like "you guys. what's the big deal, dont be soooo sensitive man, it was just a joke" which is in actual fact the truth...but i dont understand the outrage directed at the topic and that people might get offended

you should champion this , why should people not be allowed to call a demographic something that might be a bit touchy. you think its fine to so it must be alright...;)

You're right, my little disclaimer did sound a little bit "I'm not a racist, but..." I'm glad you took it in the way it was intended.

What I mean is that at some point the person who said whatever made someone feel offended did nothing wrong and that if someone felt offended by it that is their problem. What they do about it is up to them and they're of course still free to react and respond however they please. And, like I said, they're of course free to feel offended by whatever they want to. I can't make them feel differently or make them chill out.

I can't make my mind up if this was one of those situations or not, partly because I wasn't there when it was said. To me though, normally I really dislike the kind of non-apologies where people don't apologize for their actions, but rather apologize for any offense that was taken or some bull**** like that. In this case though, that apology was about the only thing that seemed appropriate from Hodgson. That to me says something about where on the scale this incident was. I hope that makes sense...

Just to be clear about the situation that I'm going to champion (;)), Hodgson wasn't talking about a demographic. He was talking about an individual.

i dont think i have ever said a bad word to you since i have been here as i hold nothing but th utmost respect for what you have done here. but you are completely mad and ignorant to say that

you've basically called anyone that found that offensive stupid and overly sensitive, which i think is some bull****

I'm not basically saying it I AM saying it. Anyone who finds a joke about an animal in space offensive quite frankly is an idiot. Either that or they're trying to kick up a fuss over nothing. If that's offensive then so is why did the hedgehog etc unreal tbh.

Think collymore had it right, by people getting offended by things like this they devalue the whole racial equality movement, which has done a lot of good over the last 30 years to stamp out on the whole racism and give people of all origins equality.

I'm not basically saying it I AM saying it. Anyone who finds a joke about an animal in space offensive quite frankly is an idiot. Either that or they're trying to kick up a fuss over nothing. If that's offensive then so is why did the hedgehog etc unreal tbh.

Thats okay, i would expect nothing more or less from you as i dont know who you are. i am saying that your comment is an ignorant one. anyone that thinks a black person is an idiot for taking offense to someone calling another black person a monkey is an ignorant idiot. Sounds to me that they are just trying to downplay that some people who have had some harsh experiences should just move aside and let things slide, cause someone who probably has little idea thinks its funny it should be allowed to go unchallenged

not unreal, expected tbh

Think collymore had it right, by people getting offended by things like this they devalue the whole racial equality movement, which has done a lot of good over the last 30 years to stamp out on the whole racism and give people of all origins equality.

this is actually true, completely IMO, weird coming from you. but i dont speak for everyone...and i more than give someone permission to find that offensive...its dangerous landmine ground

its not really about whether or not roy is racist in saying that. i dont think he is , though in his generation 'casual racist slurs' were probably in abundance...

no the issue i have is that people here have issue with someone finding it offensive. i'm wondering if anyone having a go at the dude for finding it offensive is afro carribean or of black ethnicity. because even though i doubt i would be offended i fully would expect someone out there to be offended or left feeling uneasy about the thing

Jesus H Christ. I despair.

This makes sense to me.

In a way a false equivalency can get established.

One of the quotes from Collymore's his twitter:

Demeans every anti racism campaigner by having cheap pop at RH who said NOTHING WRONG. Makes campaigners seem over PC & petty. They're not.

Some others here: https://twitter.com/StanCollymore

African: Does that qualify within your requirements to what you asked on the previous page?

This makes sense to me.

In a way a false equivalency can get established.

One of the quotes from Collymore's his twitter:

Some others here: https://twitter.com/StanCollymore

African: Does that qualify within your requirements to what you asked on the previous page?

which bit about what i said?

edit:- if you mean someone condemning people for taking offence...i'm actually still yet to see someone of black ethnic decent get ****ed off at another black guy for taking offense to it. thats the bit i dont get

why get peeved that someone might find that offensive?

Last edited:
Back