• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juicing

Loads of people said to me Id only do it for a week and get fed up but I feel fantastic, best I've felt in such a longtime, so much energy, skin is great and the main thing for me, my tummy is amazing and having had crohn's I can tell you there has not been too many days in the last 20 years when I've been able to say that

where do you get the recipes from Marky? I need to get on this as my skin has been ****e recently and since I have been eating more fruit it has got better.

where do you get the recipes from Marky? I need to get on this as my skin has been ****e recently and since I have been eating more fruit it has got better.

This is the bible of juicing

http://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Juiceman_s_Power_of_Juicing.html?id=h1xFACw9A-oC&redir_esc=y

Also just use google, so many great recipes out there

Its 8.20pm on a monday Ive done a 9 hour work day, yet im home and full of energy, just about to exercise, never have I been like this on a monday before

I heard that when juicing the veg/fruit has less value to you as it loses something when broken down.

Something like this...

If you EAT the fruit the nutrients/vitamins/fibre/sugars are all bound up in long chains and fibres and your body takes a while to break them down in your gut, so your body has chance to deal with them. As the fruit is broken down your kidneys and other organs break it down, extract the goodness, deal with the sugars in the right way etc.

However if you blend/juice/pulp it all into a liquid and down it like Marky is, all those long chains and fibres are broken and so the nutrients/vitamins/fibre/sugars go straight through you i.e. the sugars cannot be dealt with quickly enough by your body so they go into your body and get turned into fat, that is why smoothies are so bad for you whereas eating fruit is so good for you. I'm not sure about the vitamins, maybe they go straight through you and can't be processed properly.

Something like that, I can't be arsed to research it :D

PS - Gifter can you change your profile name to "Masticating blender" please?

Yep you can't beat the beets. Beetroot, Lime, Ginger, Kiwi and Apple this morning. Interesting to see how I cope with the flu mandemic doing the rounds.

Also added half a de-seeded red chili as a decongestant which had the desired effect. A tiny amount just adds the right zing and compliments the ginger.

Last edited:
Also added half a de-seeded red chili as a decongestant which had the desired effect. A tiny amount just adds the right zing and compliments the ginger.

Now you're talking, capsicum is a bad ass.

I'm not a proponent of fruit 'juicing' per se, as I feel there are potential problems with digestion which may occur by mixing different fruits (plus acidity), but if it works for folks I wouldn't say it's wrong, just not for me. I'd always add a pinch of Epsom salts though if doing so to give the kidneys/liver the required magnesium to process the nitrogen waste (unless of course you know it is high brix, which is highly unlikely).

I was just wondering how it was going with those who have been juicing? Is it still working well etc and what kinds of fruit or veg are being used

I was just wondering how it was going with those who have been juicing? Is it still working well etc and what kinds of fruit or veg are being used

Fantastic, along with healthy eating, no booze and some exercise I've lost 7lb and 2 notches off my belt

Apples, Carrots, Ginger are the mainstays but have used Pears, Grapes, Blueberries, Strawberries, Celery, Cucumber, Watermelon

I have been wanting to get onefor a while now, I think my lack of greens will come to light when I start juicing

Ideally would like to spend upto £200 any suggestions, would prefer one that is minimal hassle to clean

What is a satisfying meal which is also healthy , cant seem to find one but any suggestions welcome

Back