• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FrankenUK?

Surely the cod liver oil and kelp would concentrate many of the toxins that exist within the oceans? Perhaps if these products were 'farmed' that might not be the case but then of course you have to find out how they are farmed because the fish could well be fed on Monsanto feed. You did suggest that eating fish was a bad thing? So I'd naturally conclude that taking concentrated fish liver oil would be worse surely?

Cod is used (generally) because their short life cycle gives less time for accumulation. I'm vegetarian so don't take it, but I get Fermented CLO and Butter Oil for my wife which is from clean sources and guaranteed toxin free (Arctic Region), but you touch yourself ...

There was a recent study showing Fish based N3 was linked with Prostate Cancer, which may have some truth to it (as said though, being vegi, thus taking flax and N3 in it's DHA precursor form ALA means I don't care greatly one way or another), but much less truth than cross studying the results to see how much lycopene the subjects had in their diet, which is just a small highlight of why science may be flawed and/or manipulated to the researchers ends -not aimed at you Dorothy, that is for BrainBlackout (just kidding around, love you really) and Scara-pharma suck up!(just kid... naaa not so much!).

Likewise with Kelp (good quality from clean sea water). however Mercury burden is increased in acidic water (studies of fish have shown that accumulation levels correlate with lower PH), so Kelps Alkaline nature means this should not be much of a problem compared to fish, but personally I'd still go for none :)

Last edited:
Gifter, you seem to read into alternative methods of nutrition/medication/living as you do not seem to believe the mainstream (which is perfectly fine) but have you asked yourself the following:-

What are you going to gain? Are you going to dramatically increase your life span compared to someone who just eats their five day/ good balanced diet/ exercises regularly? Your answer is no. In fact you probably spend so much time alternating your life to suit your beliefs that there really is no gain at all.

Didn't you also make a faraday cage and sleep with this over your bed?

You need to come back to Earth fella.

Come back to me when you are a man. You know with experience to reflect upon and all...

Last edited:
Cod is used (generally) because their short life cycle gives less time for accumulation. I'm vegetarian so don't take it, but I get Fermented CLO and Butter Oil for my wife which is from clean sources and guaranteed toxin free (Arctic Region), but you touch yourself ...

There was a recent study showing Fish based N3 was linked with Prostate Cancer, which may have some truth to it (as said though, being vegi, thus taking flax and N3 in it's DHA precursor form ALA means I don't care greatly one way or another), but much less truth than cross studying the results to see how much lycopene the subjects had in their diet, which is just a small highlight of why science may be flawed and/or manipulated to the researchers ends -not aimed at you Dorothy, that is for BrainBlackout (just kidding around, love you really) and Scara-pharma suck up!(just kid... naaa not so much!).

Likewise with Kelp (good quality from clean sea water). however Mercury burden is increased in acidic water (studies of fish have shown that accumulation levels correlate with lower PH), so Kelps Alkaline nature means this should not be much of a problem compared to fish, but personally I'd still go for none :)

Obviously not quite as manipulable as some people want it to be or your man Burzynski would perhaps have published one of the 60 trials he's started. ;)

There are obviously problems with the scientific method, not many are claiming that it's perfect. Some of the harshest critics of methodology will be those within a given field - peer review can be a rather brutal process. What proponents, like myself, are saying is that it's the best available way of separating fact from fiction, not that it's a flawless one.

In my opinion proponents of the scientific method has a much better understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the scientific method than does the alternative side.

Key question then becomes, who does that research and who do you trust?

For me I trust the scientific method over any other form of research. I trust the method that lead to us going to the moon (not looking to open that debate again ;)), smart phones, planes, the internet and so on. A lot is known about the flawed methods of thinking we're all subject to (reading up on this is highly recommended). Scientific history can be described as the history of common sense being proved wrong over and over again. I'm yet to see an even half convincing argument of why people should use a different method than science as the basis for separating truth from fiction.

You talk about the big companies, so many people do. But why isn't the same skepticism applied to the alternative side of health, medicine and lifestyle? There's a large amount of outright frauds on the alternative side and quite possibly an even larger amount of the well intended, but grossly uninformed, although the frauds are often inseparable from the latter group. A lot of money is made by big vitamin, supplements, homeopathy and so on and so on.

Since Monsanto came up again, The Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe, a podcast I listen to brought them up in their latest episode. They highlighted how a lot of the negative stories being circulated about Monsanto are just factually incorrect. The episode can be found here: http://www.theskepticsguide.org/podcast/sgu/429 Segment starting at around 0:36:45. The host challenges his listeners to email the worst Monsanto stories to him, he's not refusing that they've done bad things, just that the impression of them is perhaps a lot worse than they deserve. Feel free to question them as a source or follow their sources to try to prove them wrong, but for me they're one of the most well resourced presenters of information of this type though.

Finally, what's the harm? Gifter may not be doing any harm on his quest for himself, I honestly couldn't tell. That there is real harm in what is being done by the alternative side in general though I don't doubt for a second.

As a quick example, take the anti-vaccine movement. A movement riddled with science denialism and irrational thinking. The harm being a large number of preventable illnesses and deaths, many of the victims being children. A somewhat tabloid, but valid, presentation of this can be seen at http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.com/Anti-Vaccine_Body_Count/Home.html

http://whatstheharm.net/ is a site aiming to answer your question in general (not a site aimed at Gifter in specific of course ;)), listing some of the specific harm that has been caused by the spread of what they, like most sceptics, think of as irrational thinking.

Sorry for the long reply time, been busy with work.

Anyways, the original reason for my change in diet was because of medical results this past June that showed I had a high LDL cholesterol level of 199. This wasn't due to a bad diet or lack of exercise etc. but because both of my parents have high cholesterol which I have inherited. My doctor wanted to put me on statins immediately but I wanted to try a more holistic method first. So I eliminated most of the dairy in my diet, along with any white flour-based foods and red meats, and increased the amount of grains and vegetables. I also exercised more often and have been getting acupuncture once a week, focusing mostly on my liver since this is where cholesterol is manufactured in the body. Long story short, I had my blood checked again last week and the doctor called me on Saturday and reported that my LDL is now down to 146!

The point I am trying to make is that so much of what we see in the media about how to properly live your lives is complete ****. Why is it masculine to harm your body by eating pizza and guzzling soda while watching the game with your friends?.... because the major food companies in the world dominate the industry and make billions of dollars in profits while we have to pay more taxes for increased health costs caused by their ****ty processed foods. The medical industry cannot wait to put chemicals into your body so that you have to come back for further tests and take more prescriptions for the side effects, because it is profitable for them, when there are perfectly plausible medicines in nature's locker which we are never taught about. Sure, the majority of what they do is beneficial but they could do SO much more. That is the crux of why I like a lot of what Gifter has to offer on this forum (for the record I have never undertaken any personal study on the discussion about vaccinations so I have no comment on this subject).

Anyways, back to work...

Anyways, the original reason for my change in diet was because of medical results this past June that showed I had a high LDL cholesterol level of 199. This wasn't due to a bad diet or lack of exercise etc. but because both of my parents have high cholesterol which I have inherited. My doctor wanted to put me on statins immediately but I wanted to try a more holistic method first. So I eliminated most of the dairy in my diet, along with any white flour-based foods and red meats, and increased the amount of grains and vegetables. I also exercised more often and have been getting acupuncture once a week, focusing mostly on my liver since this is where cholesterol is manufactured in the body. Long story short, I had my blood checked again last week and the doctor called me on Saturday and reported that my LDL is now down to 146!

The point I am trying to make is that so much of what we see in the media about how to properly live your lives is complete ****. Why is it masculine to harm your body by eating pizza and guzzling soda while watching the game with your friends?.... because the major food companies in the world dominate the industry and make billions of dollars in profits while we have to pay more taxes for increased health costs caused by their ****ty processed foods. The medical industry cannot wait to put chemicals into your body so that you have to come back for further tests and take more prescriptions for the side effects, because it is profitable for them, when there are perfectly plausible medicines in nature's locker which we are never taught about. Sure, the majority of what they do is beneficial but they could do SO much more. That is the crux of why I like a lot of what Gifter has to offer on this forum (for the record I have never undertaken any personal study on the discussion about vaccinations so I have no comment on this subject).

Anyways, back to work...

I applaud you on your change in diet and lifestyle and I'm glad you've gotten tangible results for your efforts. I hope you're capable of keeping this up over time to ensure a more healthy life for yourself. Assuming that this is what you want and what makes you happier of course.

Scientific research is rather unambiguous on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and diet.

My point is a rather different one though. Take your own example. What if you wanted to figure out which of your recent changes have been the cause of your improved LDL levels? Is it the change in diet, the increased exercise levels or the acupuncture? How would you go about testing this? Doing so on your own seems very difficult, obviously right now you have two test results and the change in lifestyle between the two. Testing the combination of these 3 options alone, for a significant amount of time, with testing in between would already be time consuming. And you wouldn't be able to control all the variables, what if the changing seasons factor in? Or other life events? What if you would like to test 4-5 other potential changes too?

This is where science offers the best available solution. Placebo controlled, double blind studies that are replicated with significant sample sizes. Thus other variables are brought under (some) control, and we get some reliable data than can be analyzed by experts in the various fields. Fact can thus be separated from fiction with a pretty decent level of accuracy.

Unfortunately the human brain seems to prefer anecdotes over data, unless specifically trained in critical thinking.

I don't disagree with your issues with the media and advertising. But that's kinda besides the point. As is the issue about a capitalist driven pharmaceutical industry. A certain level of skepticism is needed for sure, but why isn't that skepticism applied to the alternative side? Did your acupuncturist work for free? Doesn't an acupuncturist have a vested interest in making sure you return for another "treatment"? Why is skepticism suspended for the alternative side?

Anyways, back to work...

That's awesome bro'

Here is a decent interview which discusses why Cholesterol is actually vital, that high levels may actually be a sign of other hormonal issues such as poor thyroid function and insulin resistance;

[video=youtube;E9V3wD0PXfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9V3wD0PXfE#t=449[/video]

So, might cutting out processed sugars and taking some Kelp help :-k

Strewth though, I think I could probably be the Dr's (interviewee) dad!

Last edited:
To add though, although I think that Weston Price was an absolute genius within the field of nutrition I am not really a supporter of the direction the Weston Price Foundation has interpreted (taken on) his work.

They seem to have moved into a field of 'Eat meat, meat and more meat' which doesn't sit well with vegi me!

However there are some solid elements of truth to be found there (as best we know it at this time). I think that in fact the reason that grass fed animals (meats or dairy) which stay/live in the sun are good (relative to other options) are because of the extra alkaline minerals the animal ingests and the vitamin D which allows the synthesis of K2 MK4 and CLA C9T11 plus sulphated cholesterol etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Wonder if anybody takes this stuff in? Are tempted to research for themselves.

If you just dismiss it, ask a Doc about respiratory and metabolic acidosis! The Doctors know this stuff but claim blindness to the facts that disease does not survive in alkaline & oxygen rich environments, or, if they acknowledge it try to claim that these homeostatic mechanisms cannot be changed either quickly of over time, without use of their latest wonder isolate (or chemical stew) give me a break!

Fats, Sugars & Proteins are all acids which require alkaline minerals to release their electromagnetic energy, have you ever stopped to consider how much alkaline minerals you get in your diet? How much green leafy vegetables?

Wonder why the use of Nitrogen based fertiliser (using the term fertiliser here is a sick f**king joke) which kill soil quality and stop the correct absorption of minerals might be a bad idea! Carey Reams stated that a carrot could range from 25mg of Calcium to 500mg of Calcium depending on soil quality, does this not make sense?!

Here end-eth the rant, I forgot how much I enjoy ranting on here though, shame I just don't have the time and inclination these days.

Last edited:
Back