• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. West Ham

Frankly as long as we keep winning games against the likes of West Ham, as we have been doing so far, I don't think anyone has the right to criticise AVB for his team selection.

I can see Defoe scoring one and Soldado coming off the bench to get another. 2-0, you heard it here first.

we shall see.....nice to see all this faith in the manager lol........for all we know defoe has trained harder and is better suited vs opposition........ergo he starts...

Are you saying that unless someone agrees with 100% of the manager's decisions then they don't have faith in him?!?!?

Are you saying that unless someone agrees with 100% of the manager's decisions then they don't have faith in him?!?!?

no mate just saying that there may be factors behind this decision that we are not privy too

Still not fully match fit, the EL is a whole different ball game in terms of intensity. Besides, moose and Paulinho haven't really dropped form yet.

I wish people would stop deluding themselves. He had a full pre-season behind him and now it's October :lol: He has also played a full 90 minutes in a couple of games this year. Sandro IS fit, he just can't get into the side at the moment because AVB doesn't like to disrupt a team that's doing well. He is playing Defoe ahead of Soldado today, simply because Soldado hasn't scored from open play in the Premiership yet and therefore it is an area in the team that can be improved on. Naughton is in at left back because Rose is injured. Siggy and Townsend are starting because they've earned their places in recent games.

Can't we all just agree that we have real strength in depth and it's up to AVB to select who he thinks is best for each game..

This constant need to argue about who should be in our best 11 every weekend is getting a bit boring.. Redknapp chose a best 11 every week and we know it's doesn't work long-term over the whole season so let's just relax and enjoy the fact we have quality in all areas for once (LB aside lol)

Let's just discuss the side what has been chosen and focus on the actual game! COYS

If Defoe was good enough, he'd of also been an established international, yet he isn't despite England having poor forwards. And if he was good enough, an established top 4 team would have signed him some time in his career. But no-one has

Soldado has been fine; dropping him like this is crazy

complete and utter nonsense

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton; Dembele, Paulinho; Townsend, Eriksen, Sigurdsson; Defoe.

Our bench is now officially Bonkers Bench
Friedel, Chiriches, Chadli, Holtby, Lamela, Sandro, Soldado.

Defoe had to start today-he always scores against West Ham. Pleased with the team and hope Naughton can provide another assist.

I wish people would stop deluding themselves. He had a full pre-season behind him and now it's October :lol: He has also played a full 90 minutes in a couple of games this year. Sandro IS fit, he just can't get into the side at the moment because AVB doesn't like to disrupt a team that's doing well. He is playing Defoe ahead of Soldado today, simply because Soldado hasn't scored from open play in the Premiership yet and therefore it is an area in the team that can be improved on. Naughton is in at left back because Rose is injured. Siggy and Townsend are starting because they've earned their places in recent games.

well said mate. some nutters on here today

You're talking shid, Sandro had a career threatening injury, he has not had a preseason at all, the time was spent building up his muscle weight, and he's currently building up his fitness and touch.

If he has another knee injury his career is probably over. That's gonna cause a bit of a psychological issue as well.

It's absolutely the right team because it proves to the squad that if you perform, you get in. If AVB doesn't play Defoe, he literally cannot say 'perform well in the cups and you get your chance' because it will be shown up as rubbish. He needs to do this for the good of the motivation of a large squad, for the bigger picture. I'd argue it may be worth more in the long run even if we were to drop points today, because the consequences of having near enough 11 quality players not putting the effort in to break into the side is more severe.

By the same token it's slightly harsh on Holtby, but unlike Soldado, Eriksen has been contributing to goals in the league and it's hard to drop him too. Soldado has been unlucky because I'm sure he is doing the running for the team as requested, it's just Defoe has to be given this chance. Good managerial move.

If Defoe was good enough, he'd of also been an established international, yet he isn't despite England having poor forwards. And if he was good enough, an established top 4 team would have signed him some time in his career. But no-one has

Soldado has been fine; dropping him like this is crazy

I take it you don't rate Soldado either then.

Er....no he isn't. Do you actually watch games? Dembele has been consistently our best player on the pitch this season IMO and much of last. Sandro is a great player and a beast but doesn't have the same level of technique and skill.

Of course I watch the games, what kind of question is that?!

Sandro is more effective at winning the ball, plus distributes it well. I guess it's all about personal opinions though. I think Sandro was a key member of our side last season, before he was injured against QPR, whilst Dembele didn't maintain high form through the course of the season. I do think Sandro is better but as I've said, all personal opinions.

Anyway, whatever the line up, I'm going to be getting behind us!! COYS!!

Totally agree with AVB picking Defoe for this game. He will probably drive us bonkers with greediness and multiple offsides, but he has earned his place today. Hope he takes his chance and repays his inclusion. The defence has been brilliant this season but we realy need to score goals in the league and I hope that we get them today !

Back