• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Thank GHod - I thought I was a bozo.

Whats Talking Bad?

Discussion show that airs on AMC in America immediately after Breaking Bad. Just about everyone from the show has been on it at one point or another, Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, RJ Mitte (Flynn), Jonathan Banks (Mike), Giancarlo Esposito (Gus), Dean Norris (Hank) plus celebrities like Samuel L Jackson, Don Cheadle, the fit blonde girl from Modern Family.

It's on Netflix plus you can probably download it from various streaming sites, our YouTube it.

Loved the finale of BB

Great ending, the show will be sadly missed...

I just hope Spooky on twitter didn't reveal the end in one of his tweets the other day. I'm not going to quote what he wrote, but it did sound like a plausible story. If so, I'll live to see him eat that tweet, but I hope he leaves enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into his stomach and break his goddamn spine!

24831452.jpg

i can certainly see why so many love and would hold it as their personal favorite but i think if most looked at it objectively it doesn't really match up to the best shows.

For me Breaking Bad never had any dips in quality which even shows like The Sopranos did. It actually gets better every season.

quality of what exactly? i think you're being a little bit selective if you're saying The Sopranos had dips in quality but BB never - the pace would often drop in The Sopranos, agreed - but quality? not in my opinion, the show produced quality at every turn (and im not talking purely with regards to the story line here) even when episodes seemed to have little going on it was done so well that it didn't matter - it just oozed cinematic class with every shot.

in BB the story goes from strength to strength i agree - it's quite a unique show really in the way that it's been five seasons with little else other than one story line with a handful of characters, how do you go about comparing that to shows which have multiple threads spanning years with huge casts of characters which they build on such a grand scale? it's not really a fair comparison as there's little in common.

quality of what exactly? i think you're being a little bit selective if you're saying The Sopranos had dips in quality but BB never - the pace would often drop in The Sopranos, agreed - but quality? not in my opinion, the show produced quality at every turn (and im not talking purely with regards to the story line here) even when episodes seemed to have little going on it was done so well that it didn't matter - it just oozed cinematic class with every shot.

in BB the story goes from strength to strength i agree - it's quite a unique show really in the way that it's been five seasons with little else other than one story line with a handful of characters, how do you go about comparing that to shows which have multiple threads spanning years with huge casts of characters which they build on such a grand scale? it's not really a fair comparison as there's little in common.

Season 4 of Sopranos was poor for example. Nothing happens besides one of the characters getting whacked and the breakdown of Tony's marriage.

The finale was so disappointing, so many loose ends not dealt with.

there's more to a show (other than BB...) than a particular story line (of which in The Sopranos there are many intertwined running throughout the series) you may or may not like, i don't particularly like The Wire all that much, for example, but can appreciate it's quality outside of what happens over the course of a season. series 4 of The Sopranos and the breakdown in the Soprano marriage provided moments that you will rarely see outside of the big screen - the overall quality of the shows production/acting/dialogue etc never dropped, if anything they turned it up a notch over that season and more importantly it set up the final two and half seasons - it was pivotal to the show as a whole. i guess it goes back to what i said about not doing much but doing it well.

as for the final episode - The Sopranos wasn't a show which was leading up to one final moment, one last hurrah, like BB - so i don't really see the need to go in to it all that much you don't need to tie everything up in a neat little package, life goes on things get left up in the air. they settled the important things and left an air of ambiguity which felt right to me.

there's more to a show (other than BB...) than a particular story line (of which in The Sopranos there are many intertwined running throughout the series) you may or may not like, i don't particularly like The Wire all that much, for example, but can appreciate it's quality outside of what happens over the course of a season. series 4 of The Sopranos and the breakdown in the Soprano marriage provided moments that you will rarely see outside of the big screen - the overall quality of the shows production/acting/dialogue etc never dropped, if anything they turned it up a notch over that season and more importantly it set up the final two and half seasons - it was pivotal to the show as a whole. i guess it goes back to what i said about not doing much but doing it well.

as for the final episode - The Sopranos wasn't a show which was leading up to one final moment, one last hurrah, like BB - so i don't really see the need to go in to it all that much you don't need to tie everything up in a neat little package, life goes on things get left up in the air. they settled the important things and left an air of ambiguity which felt right to me.

It's amazing how two people can not agree on... like... anything :lol:

one day we'll agree on something, **** knows what it'll be though.

season 4 is the weakest of them all though tbf - i'll give you that :lol:

Well, thanks for cheering me up.... I'm near the end of Season 3 of Sopranos and i've been getting a bit bored over the last few episodes.. I convinced myself that it's worth sticking it out now i've come this far but it's gona be tough now you've mentioned sod all happens over the next series haha..

Caution spoilers, but not concerning the final episodes.

[video=youtube;oDqGAUvWKkU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqGAUvWKkU[/video]

I thought it was a decent ending. I don't think you can expect the ending of a five series show to be its climax and best episode. I don't think the final series of any of my favourite shows has been my favourite.

I thought it was a decent ending. I don't think you can expect the ending of a five series show to be its climax and best episode. I don't think the final series of any of my favourite shows has been my favourite.

for me, 24's last season was everything from the first to last minuite! it certainly picked up from the last few "poorer" seasons

the first 3 are my favourite, but on paper I'd say the last one was the strongest!

as for breaking bad, the Mrs and I have almost finished season 2 and will rock it all out in the next few weeks..... it is up there with the best shows I've watched already!

for me, 24's last season was everything from the first to last minuite! it certainly picked up from the last few "poorer" seasons

the first 3 are my favourite, but on paper I'd say the last one was the strongest!

as for breaking bad, the Mrs and I have almost finished season 2 and will rock it all out in the next few weeks..... it is up there with the best shows I've watched already!

Season 1 and 3 of 24 are the best IMO. 2 was decent, 4 and 6 were bad, 7 and 8 were ok.

I loved the villain from Season 3, you actually could see that he had a point lol.

Back