• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Keano

Ginola99

Steven Caulker
[video=youtube;L1Z8bOzI1-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Z8bOzI1-0[/video]

Still got it..

Last edited:
"It" - here defined as the ability to score a goal as a footballer when not faced with any defenders and a goalkeeper that stays on his line indefinitely. ;)

At one point one of my favourite Spurs players. His return from Liverpool is probably at least in the top 5 of the worst transfer deals we've ever made though. Very mixed feelings for me. Was one of the most frustrating players, if not the most frustrating player, around during his second spell with us, in a squad that included Alan Hutton and Pascal Chimbonda amongst others.

Why embedding videos from facebook, or worse still just putting a facebook link?

EDIT Cheers G99, nicely done :)

Last edited:
Yep great player for us during his first time with us. Watched him turn Chris Perry inside out to score a cracking goal for Cov in the late 90's and from then on was a massive fan of his.

"It" - here defined as the ability to score a goal as a footballer when not faced with any defenders and a goalkeeper that stays on his line indefinitely. ;)

At one point one of my favourite Spurs players. His return from Liverpool is probably at least in the top 5 of the worst transfer deals we've ever made though. Very mixed feelings for me. Was one of the most frustrating players, if not the most frustrating player, around during his second spell with us, in a squad that included Alan Hutton and Pascal Chimbonda amongst others.

Agreed, his second spell soured all memories I had of him in a Spurs shirt. It was so satisfying to see him fail at Liverpool after he screwed us over with the "boyhood dream" ****, and to see us come crawling back and hand him another chance was sickening, especially since he continued his ****ty Liverpool form when back with us.

He wasn't without his faults but for a long time he was the only light in a sea of dark at Spurs (don't bother with the racist jibes!!!). That's how bad we were at one point. He did sort of loose it long before the Liverpool move. Some fans like to paint Liverpool as the bad guys but his form had tailed off well before the move if I recall correctly

Last edited:
Our best player?

Better than Berbatov? Better than Carrick?

Not for me.

Edit: And better than King? :eek:

Well, his first spell with us were for six years, he was voted our player of the year in three of them
Keane delivered, no doubt about that. Should never have been bought back though.

He wasn't without his faults but for a long time he was the only light in a sea of dark at Spurs (don't bother with the racist jibes!!!). That's how bad we were at one point. He did sort of loose it long before the Liverpool move. Some fans like to paint Liverpool as the bad guys but his form had tailed off well before the move if I recall correctly

You don't recall correctly. The season before his move he scored the most goals he ever has in a season.

You don't recall correctly. The season before his move he scored the most goals he ever has in a season.

I remember there was an 18 month period where Keane's all round performances were appalling but he just kept banging in the goals. Sign of a good player that even whilst not playing well, he was still contributing goals.

2nd stint or not, he was our best player in the 00's

Can't agree with that. Over a consistent period King was our best. I wouldn't even place Keane as our best forward of the 00's. He always relied heavily on a quality strike partner to create space for him. When Keane was charged with being our main man, he often faltered. He was a bloody good player, but nowhere top quality. Probably why his top flight professional career in a competitive league was pretty much done when he really should have been in his prime.

Same with me.

People forget how good Keane was for us, just because he left for Liverpool (Who were a Champions League club) when he was 28. Find me a player who wouldn't have taken that chance? And before people say we were on the up, he should have stayed blah blah blah, the following year Liverpool came second. At that time, he made the right choice. And were Liverpool his boyhood club? Maybe, I don't know - but, I do know this much; He's our 10th highest ever goalscorer. He scored over 100 goals before leaving the club for the first time. He has played for Spurs, Celtic, Liverpool and Inter Milan. And in having not played in the Premier League for the majority of the past 4 years, he's still scored more Premier League goals for Spurs than the board hero Jermain Defoe.

During the 2000's he scored 13, 16, 17, 16, 22 ad 23 goals in successive seasons. He grew with the club. He was our shining light for a few years.

And he gets stick because he moved to Liverpool, who at the time were a bigger club...

how many player of the years did King win with us by the way during the 00s?

King never gave us a full outstanding season due to obvious reasons.
Even in seasons where he clearly was on another level than his team mates, people found it difficult to vote for him since he had to sit out too many games.

2012/13 - Gareth Bale
2011/12 - Scott Parker
2010/11 - Luka Modric
2009/10 - Michael Dawson
2008/09 - Aaron Lennon
2007/08 - Robbie Keane
2006/07 - Dimitar Berbatov
2005/06 - Robbie Keane
2004 - Jermain Defoe
2003 - Robbie Keane
2002 - Simon Davies
2001 - Neil Sullivan
2000 - Stephen Carr
1999 - Stephen Carr
1998 - David Ginola
1997 - Sol Campbell
1996 - Sol Campbell
1995 - Teddy Sheringham
1994 - Jürgen Klinsmann
1993 - Darren Anderton
1992 - Gary Lineker
1991 - Paul Allen
1990 - Paul Gascoigne
1989 - Erik Thorstvedt
1988 - Chris Waddle
1987 - Gary Mabbutt

Having followed Spurs for all but the first two of those seasons,
the only award I do not agree with is the 2002 winning Simon Davies.
Davies was a favourite of mine and many others, young and exciting he brought hope in dark times.
But he was clearly not our best player that year, a season that was perhaps Gustavo Poyet's best in English football - 14 goals from midfield wasn't something we were used to back then.

Back