• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official OM(usic)T Thread ***

The Avalanches- Since I Left You is the best album of all time. If you disagree I hate you.

Love that album and funnily enough I've been playing it on the stereo in the kitchen whilst preparing dinner the last few days. I think its impossible to choose a best/favourite album of all time as its difficult to compare albums from different genres.

What's Bob Dylan like live?

I know a few people who have seen him in the last few years and said he was awful and couldn't sing. But on the flipside, he is Bob Dylan and never could sing. Apparently he changes his songs and their structures, and the audience are left feeling a bit left out, but he does it because he is just bored of playing the same songs over and over.

I'd go and see him, for the mere fact that he is who he is

Just back from Bestival, brilliant weekend, I thought last year was good but this year it was soooooooooooooo good

Saw Chic, Elton John - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!! incredible

Rudimental, Disclosure, Tom Odell, James Blake some really superb live acts, pretty good weather, great atmosphere and loads of crumpet too, perfect !!!

I know a few people who have seen him in the last few years and said he was awful and couldn't sing. But on the flipside, he is Bob Dylan and never could sing. Apparently he changes his songs and their structures, and the audience are left feeling a bit left out, but he does it because he is just bored of playing the same songs over and over.

I saw Dylan this summer and would agree with this. I thought his band was great, but the arrangements of all the songs made them unrecognizable until I caught a familiar lyric and realized what it was. The volume and range of his voice is very limited (which is different than him never having a classically "good" singing voice). All in all it was "meh," and other than the fact that it was cool to see the man in person, as a gig itself I didn't enjoy it.

Lot of fairly decent music about or coming out

Kings of Leon - Mechanical Bull, not bad at all on 1st listen
The Arctic Monkeys - AM, again very good
The Strypes - Bunch of 15 year old lads, had some massive praise from some rock icons about them being a big thing soon
London Grammar
Parquet Courts - love these too

Liam and Noel Gallagher are reportedly discussing a possible Oasis reunion in 2014.

The brothers are said to have been approached by concert promoters to play two large gigs to mark the 20th anniversary of their debut album Definitely Maybe

Oasis split in 2009 due to a feud between the brothers, which has remained to this day.

The proposed gigs will take place in August 2014 at Knebworth, according to the Daily Mail.

Oasis played the venue in 1996, breaking the record for the fastest-selling tickets in British history.

Liam Gallagher hinted in June that a reunion could take place, saying: "I'd do it for nowt, but if someone's going to drop a load of f**king money, I'd do it for that too."

In August, Noel said: "It definitely won't happen. Look, who knows what will happen in 20 years? But 20 years from now, I'll be what, 30, 40? No, I'll hopefully have retired by then."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/n...having-oasis-reunion-talks.html#ixzz2f5IbFGK4
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Lot of fairly decent music about or coming out

Kings of Leon - Mechanical Bull, not bad at all on 1st listen
The Arctic Monkeys - AM, again very good
The Strypes - Bunch of 15 year old lads, had some massive praise from some rock icons about them being a big thing soon
London Grammar
Parquet Courts - love these too

We put London Grammar on back in March in Milton Keynes, it was their first gig as London Grammar

Another band to keep an eye on will be Dolomite Minor - https://www.facebook.com/dolomiteminor

A few others worth checking out are Superfood, Ofei, Empire Divide

I went to the International Festival of Psychedelia at the weekend. Unbelievably good. Holydrug Couple put on one of the best shows I have ever seen. Psychic Ills, Jacco Gardner, Fuzz, Paperhead were all brilliant

I went to the International Festival of Psychedelia at the weekend. Unbelievably good. Holydrug Couple put on one of the best shows I have ever seen. Psychic Ills, Jacco Gardner, Fuzz, Paperhead were all brilliant

Looked like a great line-up and must have been a fantastic festival. I saw The Cosmic Dead in april, they were awesome, actcually hung up their poster on the wall yesterday. Seen Dead Meadow before and I'm probably seeing them again soon when they're coming to Norway for the first(?) time. Psychic Ills must have been pretty sweet, same with Moon Duo, Night Beats and Carlton Melton.

What came first, the chicken or the egg? I mean the Tame Impala or the Holydrug Couple?

Back