• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

An Arsenal fan at work took great delight in sending me quotes from Eriksen, where he'd said Ozil had acheived much more than him and he was honoured to be compared to him etc... the usual PR stuff.

Serious question, but what exactly has Ozil achieved? He hasnt won any major honours as far as I can tell. Unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.

He won a league with Real. Ozil's one of the best players in the league. Sadly.

Eriksen may be our most exciting going forward, and effective. Paulinho to me is also equally important for shoring up the middle and breaking forward.

We have some exceptional signings, probably best transfer window even with losing GB11.

Eriksen may be our most exciting going forward, and effective. Paulinho to me is also equally important for shoring up the middle and breaking forward.

We have some exceptional signings, probably best transfer window even with losing GB11.

Paulinho has taken to the league without even breaking a sweat! He's going to be massive for us, and Eriksen is looking really good but I'll give him some more game time against better opposition before I crown him the next big thing.

But please, the whole GB11, CR7 and so on makes me cringe...

Paulinho has taken to the league without even breaking a sweat! He's going to be massive for us, and Eriksen is looking really good but I'll give him some more game time against better opposition before I crown him the next big thing.

But please, the whole GB11, CR7 and so on makes me cringe...

The scum do it with a lot of players. Makes me wanna hurl.

Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen looks to be a Fantasy Football gem

A drab performance at the Emirates had Spurs fans worried that the money spent this summer was going to waste; no player could directly replace the goals and impact of Gareth Bale, and they lacked invention in the final third. Eriksen came in and lit up the win over Norwich in his first appearance in Tottenham colours, and as WhoScored.com tell us, all of a sudden looks like he might turn out to be the best of their many summer signings.

After having left the Eredivisie second in the assists charts this season, the Dane quickly picked up where he left off, setting up the first Premier League goal Spurs have scored in open play this season only 28 minutes into his debut. He followed that up – his fourth assist in five appearances in Holland and England – with a fantastic goal after coming off the bench against an admittedly distinctly inferior Tromsø side in the Europa League in midweek.

This is not just a rich vein of form though. Eriksen was a creative hub for Ajax last season too, with an impressive assist return at the top level in the Champions League. In what was undeniably the toughest group, Eriksen picked up four assists against Emirates Marketing Project, Real Madrid and eventual finalists Borussia Dortmund, as his Ajax side pipped City to third spot.

Even though his side were eliminated in that round, only PSG’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic (7) and Dortmund’s Mario Götze (5) topped Eriksen’s assist tally. He announced himself on the European stage with a series of fine performances before proving against Norwich that he is up to the task in the Premier League, and he certainly looks like a fantastic move for anyone looking for a new Fantasy Football acquisition.

On Sunday, Spurs face a potentially tricky trip to Cardiff, who have already beaten Pellegrini’s City and held Everton to a goalless draw in the Welsh capital. However, with only Fulham (76) having allowed their opponents more attempts on goal in the Premier League this season than Cardiff (65), chances should come for the visitors.

Given that Spurs have had the most shots in the top flight (76) and their highest shot tally in a match this season came in Eriksen’s only appearance (23 vs Norwich), they should find space to shoot with some regularity this weekend.

Last week, Roberto Soldado looked more likely to score his first open play goal with Eriksen providing the chances, while Gylfi Sigurdsson really reaped the benefits, scoring both goals in the win.

Tottenham are odds-on favourites to pick up another three points this time out and keep up the pace at the top of the table, and if they manage it, the chances they create and goals they score are likely to have root in their new star man, Christian Eriksen.

-----------------------------------------

Great to see Eriksen getting good review everywhere. Hope he continues to improve. Apparently, Eriksen was the youngest player at the 2010 WC. Now after 3 years, he is more like a veteran in football. He looks very matured for his age.

Please please please let that song catch on. Best and most original one for one of our players since Nicola bloody Berti.

Can someone scribble down the lyrics to that for me? Struggling to hear a LOT of it.

They're in the About section below the vid:

Eriksen-sen-sen He's our number 23,
Eriksen-sen-sen came to play for AVB,
To the left, to the right,
He's our midfield dynamite,
When he plays for lillywhites,
He makes Ozil look shyte.

Oops, so it does. My mistake, cheers though!

Plays in lillywhite would flow a bit better though.... :p

It's so depressing that we can't get all these new chants off the ground. What does it actually take for it to happy? Anyone seen the birth of a new song in the stadium?

Back