• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur - Arsenal OMT ***

**** look much, much sharper than us. We struggle creatively, and I think our midfield really should be more in charge here. Deserved lead for ****, but shambolic defending for the goal.

I really feel there is something in here for us if we only get more creativity on the pitch, and cut out our sloppy passing. We look tactically very messy at times, but at other times we also look very solid. An inconsistent first half, really.

Game is still on, but it's up to us if we want to raise our game and go for it. So far we haven't looked like that.

I'd consider taking Dembele off for Holtby, and Capoue for Sandro.

Well I suppose the good news is we're only 1-nil down, could have been worse with those Cazorla free-kicks.

Bar a few Townsend potshots we havent worried them too much, but, this game is certainly there for the taking. A couple of HT tweeks surely.
Dembele has to go off i'm afraid. Hotby or Siggy surely on, no link from the back to Soldado. Bright start from Chadli but seems to have gone missing now, maybe Lamela on and Townsend to switch wings?

Arsenal's attacks have been crisper and more direct, while Spurs have had more possession but apart from Townsend, rarely troubled Arsenal's goal.

AVB needs to mix things up in the second half.

Three things stuck out.

1. Rose's defensive positional play is dreadful. He defends too wide and lets Walcott drift inside him. He's been caught on the wrong side of his man several times now.
2. Without Bale and with the current midfield we don't break at pace on the counter.
3. No creativity, i know we have bought some good players but we have never really replaced Modric - I wish we had kept Thudd or were more willing to take a chance with Carroll or Holtby.

Dembele has gone down hill ever since Sandro got injured to be honest. Not been the same since. No idea why.

Can we learn to pass it? And realise that Walcott is playing?

Too often we run in to blind alleys and don't pass. Or defensively, Walcott gets through.

Rose and Dawson both at fault for the opener.

Dawson has been awful 1st half, Dembele too...

Changes AVB

We could so get something out of this game as I dont think they look that great in defence or midfield

Frustrating half. We had a fair bit of control of the match but when we reach the final third things just dont to go anywhere. Couple of half chances but its not great. Goons are also catching us pretty easily with a ball through our defence.

This is finely balanced and we need to get the next goal if we are going to get something from this game. Definitely need a bit more creativity in the final 3rd. Thankfully we have Holtby and Lamela on the bench.

So disappointment, we haven't created anything against a very poor defence. We're the ones looking dodgy at the back.

Disappointed we're 1-0 down - I don't feel like we deserve to be. Should be a good second half.

COYS!!

It's as good as we can expect tbh. New players still gelling. We're not bad but we really do need one of the centre 3 to be more offensive. Should we go to 4-4-2 with Lamela up top with Soldado? No idea, haven't seen him play.

As for Townsend being greedy - well at least someone is hitting the target - been our best player. Occassionally he makes runs off the ball but the treadmill that is Walker's brain isn't picking it up.

Paulinho has started to get more involved which is positive.

Dembele has really not shown the form we should expect. Does he need to be in a centre 2 with Sandro? That always worked.

Capoue is trying but he needs to be as quick defensively as he is offensively.

Nacer looks laboured but he's done well on that side with Rose, just a shame the crosses into the box have found 5 goons and not the 1 Soldado.

I'd seriously consider Lamela or Siggi on for Dembele.

Also consider they've switch Flamini with Whilshire, that may mean they are less offensive, that could work for us.

Just need a little luck.

Havent read any comment on here because my stream is 2 minutes behind.
Capoue has been so poor he's no Sandro. He strolling round out of position with Vertonghen shouting at him. I'd like to see sandro paulinho and holtby in the midfield.

I'd give Townsend another 15 and then put Lamela in.

Chadli has been huge in winning long balls down that left side, plus he and Rose have a good understanding.

The move we really need is Holtby for Dembele. Once Eriksen and Holtby are settled, they'll surely move Dembele back to where he should be and that is competing with Paulinho.

We're playing 2 players with the same playing style and the result has been an anonymous Dembele. Replace him with Holtby and the creativity will come.

Capoue and Paulinho are both struggling with the pace of the game and the intensity of being closed down. Dembele as always is hopeless creatively. Holtby on for Dembele at half time pleaaseee. Sandro for Capoue if he continues to struggle and then bring in Eric Lamela for Chadli or Townsend with 20 min to go is we are still chasing

Sandro, Holtby and Lamela should be the subs.

We'll probably end up with Defoe, Sigurdsson, Holtby.

Back