• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

Real shame if he chooses Chelsea now after being so so close. Spurs need to use do something a bit extra to convince him. Dinner, Roses, Celebrations, whatever!

I've gotten used to the idea of seeing him at Spurs

Mourinhos gone nuts :ross:

Replacing Mata with Willian is actually a possibility? Wanting Rooney in all of this? Leaving LUKAKU benched!?

According to Stobart on twitter this is all Roman Abramovich's doing. Abramovich wanted to throw his weight around.
I've no idea where Mourinho will fit him in the team and what he thinks about him parachuting more players into his team like he his with Ballack and Sheva.

1) That's irrelevant.

2) They won't be spending over £30m on a player just to **** us off. I think Chelsea have bigger fish to fry and are setting their sights on other teams so i think people are paranoid beyond belief if they think they're only doing this to **** us off or to keep us down.

3) Agreed.

1. I don't quite see what makes it irrelevant.

2. I largely agree, like I said.

3. Good ;)

4. A lot of these reactions are just instant gut reactions and won't always be logical or rational. Football is quite often neither of those.

Chelsea are going to play more games than us and intend winning 4 competitions, mourinho would have 15 attacking players if he could.

We should be aiming to win every competition to, the way we have been spending. Willian is not a 'good option to have' player, he is a marquee signing that would expect to play most games. But then I'm sure Schurrle got told that as well. And De Bruyne this season. Hazard and Oscar will also expect it. And I'm not even mentioning Mata. So to spend all that on Willian when he isn't going to play many games, it's a pure strategic move to keep us down. Which again, in essence, I don't have a problem with. We do that to Liverpool. But when it's a financially doped club like Chelsea, who decide that a rival looks like they may be getting a little bit to close for comfort and might upset the natural order, then I'm absolutely going to be ****ed off. What is the point in ever trying to achieve anything with this club? Someone higher up will always be able to click his fingers and stamp us down again.

I don't buy the Capoue to Cardiff argument. Capoue will play a good number of games and we weren't using doped money to buy him. If we want to go for him and he's within our budget, we can do it. And again, I don't doubt that certain clubs make strategic moves, but in this case I find it so transparent and so depressing. Not just on a perceived annoyance level, but because it smacks of everything that is wrong with turning a football club into a billionaires plaything. Willian won't play as much there. He won't get the focus. Whose to say if he doesn't join us, under a coach that loves him, and becomes the next global superstar talked about in a triple digit transfer fee? Rather than just being one of the boys at Chelsea.

It's just really sad. I hope AVB is selling him on the idea of not just doing something for the money and achieving something right now, but I doubt it would work. Chelsea would just blow our wages away even if we did offer 100k plus.

How utterly depressing.

According to Stobart on twitter this is all Roman Abramovich's doing. Abramovich wanted to throw his weight around.
I've no idea where Mourinho will fit him in the team and what he thinks about him parachuting more players into his team like he his with Ballack and Sheva.

of course it is.

i imagine stobart just linked up Abromovich with Joobrahcian or whatever the **** his name is and the fact Anzhi are Russian, like Ambromovich. Like a dot to dot.

When really, Chelsea havent done anything.

Can't believe people are saying "can't see Abramovich wanting to undermine Mourinho so early". It's what he does. It's blatantly obvious that he still has a say in the team, why do you think Torres plays despite being dog**** for 4 years now? He's his pet. What's Mourinho gunna do? Cos standing up to Abramovich always works doesn't it :lol:

Gosh, some of you on here are a right bunch of divas.

And all of you ****ging him off and calling him every name under the sun will be singing his praises when he signs for us tomorrow.

1) That's irrelevant.

2) They won't be spending over £30m on a player just to **** us off. I think Chelsea have bigger fish to fry and are setting their sights on other teams so i think people are paranoid beyond belief if they think they're only doing this to **** us off or to keep us down.

3) Agreed.

Do you not think clubs do this? I think they definitely think through the implications of taking a player from a close rival. Weakening them and strengthening yourself gives you the best chance of finishing ahead of them.

For a day, people started taking about us as title challengers. Chelsea see us as a threat and stop that talk in its tracks. Just like if Liverpool get Willian, they would be serious top 4 rivals and therefore it was imperative we stopped them doing that.

Why would Chelsea have bigger fish to fry than stopping our progress right now? We are right in their rear view mirror, and so would definitely be in their considerations.

It's not just to **** us off, it's because it has a direct impact on the season ahead. Sure, they could find a place for him in the squad most weeks, but the real benefit is that we don't have him.

I'm really hoping that Willian sees this, and makes a footballing decision to come to us. If not, Chelsea pull ahead with this quality of signing and there's not many we can bring in now alongside Lamela to bridge the gap. Maybe Pastore?

I expect him to sign for Chelsea now, shame. I don't know why some keep saying "I prefer Lamela anyway" ... we were supposed to be signing both!

what gap is there?

I always thought it was one of lamela or willian.

If we sell Bale and only sign Lamela we haven't moved forward at all. We've just signed an inferior version that isn't a world superstar yet. We sign them both, which was what I assumed was the plan, and we have moved forward.

Seriously I think a lot of deals are considered in terms of how it weakens rival clubs. It has a direct impact. If there was a better option than Willian we would have gone for him first. So now we get a second choice while Chelsea pull away with their first. We are weakened and they are stronger. Therefore more chances of them do finishing ahead and maintaining the natural order.

Of course it doesn't always follow that these players okay as you expect for the money you spend, but as long as we hope for those kinda of rarity seasons then all we are likely to get is an 09/10 season every few years.

Depressing.

If we sell Bale and only sign Lamela we haven't moved forward at all. We've just signed an inferior version that isn't a world superstar yet. We sign them both, which was what I assumed was the plan, and we have moved forward.

Seriously I think a lot of deals are considered in terms of how it weakens rival clubs. It has a direct impact. If there was a better option than Willian we would have gone for him first. So now we get a second choice while Chelsea pull away with their first. We are weakened and they are stronger. Therefore more chances of them do finishing ahead and maintaining the natural order.

Of course it doesn't always follow that these players okay as you expect for the money you spend, but as long as we hope for those kinda of rarity seasons then all we are likely to get is an 09/10 season every few years.

Depressing.

How is selling Bale and getting someone 2 years younger and someone who has the potential to be better a disappointment? I don't get it. :lol:

Are you forgetting we have upgraded on half of our team? :lol:

If Chelsea swap Mata for Willian and p1ss off Lukaku by benching him for Rooney, then I think they are hindering themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rooney is a quality player, but he is on the way down and Lukaku is ready to be unleashed now, he showed that at WBA. Whilst Mata is the most creative player in the division, so I don't see Willian being an upgrade there.

Utd, meanwhile, would be loving it (Mata + RVP = lots of goals).

Willian to Chelsea

Rooney to Chelsea with mata going the other way

Suarez and Bale to Real Madrid

Benzima to Arsenal

Rooney stays at Utd

Mata Stays at Chelsea and they bring in a ST

Bale goes to Madrid and we sign Willian

Suarez stays a Pool

Arsenal sign Ba and Cabaye.

With the attacking quality in the Chelsea team, but the lack of squad options in the back, I can’t believe Mourinho, the same Mourinho who’s bread and butter has always been not conceding, is happy to spend £30m on another forward rather than pick up some cover for Terry/Cahill/Luiz, or for Mikel/Ramirez.

If they get a couple of injuries there they’ll be really short of cover, with Essien coming back from a really long lay off. They’ve got 3 quality strikers for one spot and 7 or 8 quality am’s/wingers for 3 spots, yet only 4 CM’s (including lampard) for two spots, and three CB’s (including the ageing terry) for 4 spots. Sure Ivanovic can cover but then who do they have at full back?

My bet is Willian got to negotiations and that leach agent of his decided a quick leak to the press and a bit of hesitation would pressure us into lining his pocket to speed up the deal. But then I thought the same when they bought Oscar last summer.

With the attacking quality in the Chelsea team, but the lack of squad options in the back, I can’t believe Mourinho, the same Mourinho who’s bread and butter has always been not conceding, is happy to spend £30m on another forward rather than pick up some cover for Terry/Cahill/Luiz, or for Mikel/Ramirez.

If they get a couple of injuries there they’ll be really short of cover, with Essien coming back from a really long lay off. They’ve got 3 quality strikers for one spot and 7 or 8 quality am’s/wingers for 3 spots, yet only 4 CM’s (including lampard) for two spots, and three CB’s (including the ageing terry) for 4 spots. Sure Ivanovic can cover but then who do they have at full back?

My bet is Willian got to negotiations and that leach agent of his decided a quick leak to the press and a bit of hesitation would pressure us into lining his pocket to speed up the deal. But then I thought the same when they bought Oscar last summer.

When did Essien get injured?

Back