• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Dinamo Tbilisi OMT ***

Last season I was fine with AVB playing our strongest side in the Europa but this season I hope barely any "first choice" players play unless they need to. Kids, squad players, first teamers needing fitness should play all the games, we have a stronger squad now anyway.

That's an interesting point. Last season AVB didn't rotate for the cups and yet people seem to be convinced he will do this season. Is that because people think he is happier with the squad? AVB has never been a big one for rotation (at least not at Spurs or Chelsea), so what makes people think he will start this season?

I personally agree with you Rossi. The squad we have is a strong one and this is the perfect game to re-introduce Kaboul and Sandro for some significant game time.

I'm going to be interested to see how AVB treats the cups this year. I feel that Redknapp dropped a ball with Levy and the fans when he held them in such disdain, but I also felt AVB's assault on the cups last year was as much positive PR on his front as wanting to win the competition. Now he has bedded in and is loved by the fans, I can see him rotating for the cups a lot more and not necessarily playing our strongest players. I do wonder if we had taken the cups less seriously last season whether that would have equated to a couple of extra points in the league.

Kaboul is doing the press conference with AVB. That suggests he'll be starting.

I'd like to know which of our players haven't travelled.
I mean he should be leaving some senior players at home and saving them for sunday.

At this time of the season with all the new players I would just play the strongest team if fit. Give them a chance to gell

BSMni1WIcAA0CE1.jpg

packed press room

3:11 pm
The hairy faced one is now, finally, speaking:

Here's Neil McLeman...

"Which competition will AVB prioritise: the Premier League or Europa League?

"Last season I think we prioritised both competitions in the end. Same objective this season. We approach this season the same.

"We often played the same team Thursday to Sunday last season and had good success on Sundays. This playoff is very important to us."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-conference-live-latest-2200262#ixzz2cc3xqehY
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

At this time of the season with all the new players I would just play the strongest team if fit. Give them a chance to gell

If it was a home game sure but a game at the end of a 5 hour flight into what is practically asia? The majority of the squad would be better off sitting it out and preparing for sunday.

3:21 pm
AVB is asked if Gareth Bale has already signed for Real Madrid:

"I cannot say anything about that but it is not true."

3:19 pm
BALE KLAXON!

AVB is asked if the new signings are to play alongside Gareth Bale - or replace him. He gives a non-answer which hints strongly the Welshman is on his way:

"Ideally we want to keep everyone. Anything can happen.

"We are in the last few days of transfer activity.

"The objective is always to be stronger than the year before and I think we are on the right way to achieve it."

3:16 pm
AVB is asked again about Willian - and the contribution of technical director Franco Baldini:

"I can't really confirm anything regarding Willian. There is interest in the player and there have been conversations.

Franco is a massive appointment for Tottenham. Someone I wanted last year and it wasn't possible then.

"He has massive experience Real Madrid, Roma and the FA. He is one of the best technical directors there is."

3:13 pm
AVB is asked about the possible signings of Willian, Erik Lamela and Fabio Coentrao.

He said: "None of the names you have mentioned have signed for Spurs. I have answered about Willian in the past - not only time with Tottenham but also Chelsea.

"All the players are great, great players.

"On the players that are here, we are moving forward. We are not only trimming the squad but adding tremendous talent.

"I think we can become very, very strong regards to last season. It depends what deals we are able to conclude before the end of the market. We are looking to be stronger than before."

3:37 pm
AVB has now left the press room.

He did not say much but what he said was interesting.

His body language suggested he is resigned to losing Bale - and he insists his new team will not be ready to compete for the Premier League title this season.

Ten more days for Gareth Bale to be sold!

Thought I'd sign up here as it's less gestapo than Spurs Community. AVB seems like he's extremely agitated by the whole Bale saga and will be glad to see the back of it. Regardless of the outcome I think he has two plans.

Thought I'd sign up here as it's less gestapo than Spurs Community. AVB seems like he's extremely agitated by the whole Bale saga and will be glad to see the back of it. Regardless of the outcome I think he has two plans.

We have our moments ;)

Real Madrid target Gareth Bale has not travelled to Tbilisi because of a foot injury while Sandro, Jan Vertonghen and Aaron Lennon will also not feature because of injury worries.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/a...signing-as-avb-confirms-talks-with-brazilian/

Seems most of the squad is actually out. I cant see AVB sending them out there if he wasnt going to play them so

------------Lloris
Walker-Dawson-Kaboul--Rose
-------Paulinho-Dembele
Townsend--Siggy---Chadli
----------Soldado

Tottenham will be without Gareth Bale for the first leg of their Europa League play-off against Dinamo Tbilisi on Thursday (17:00 BST) because of a foot injury.

Defender Jan Vertonghen (ankle), winger Aaron Lennon (foot) and Sandro (knee) are all carrying knocks and have remained in London as a precaution.

Midfielder Lewis Holtby (knee) is also out and so are Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee) and striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who is not fully fit following his spell of compassionate leave.

Stolen from http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/23777257

Seems most of the squad is actually out. I cant see AVB sending them out there if he wasnt going to play them so

------------Lloris
Walker-Dawson-Kaboul--Rose
-------Paulinho-Dembele
Townsend--Siggy---Chadli
----------Soldado

Whatever about the rest of the team, I'm pretty sure Friedel will start and Naughton will be in there somewhere. I imagine he brought a few first-teamers out so that he'd have a strong bench if things start badly. Yes, it's a long way to fly and not play, but he might feel that kind of trip is exactly the kind of thing to help the players bond and speed up the new guys settling in.

Whatever about the rest of the team, I'm pretty sure Friedel will start and Naughton will be in there somewhere. I imagine he brought a few first-teamers out so that he'd have a strong bench if things start badly. Yes, it's a long way to fly and not play, but he might feel that kind of trip is exactly the kind of thing to help the players bond and speed up the new guys settling in.

I know what you're saying but why send Lloris out there then?

Back