• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Paulinho *OFFICIAL*

I was impressed with Paulinho.
I think the disallowed goal showed what we knew - he's good in the air and will get goals from set pieces.
He looked very comfortable on the ball and is very willing to receive the ball, even when surrounded by opposition players or in a tight spot - both good signs.

He looked a bit wild (for want of a better word) at times - sticking his foot in or paying a risky pass, but i put that down to over exuberance.
I do think he'll be in for a bit of shock when he sees how quick the temp is in a premier league match (that goes to all players coming in from outside this league) although i suspect his skill on the ball will assist him in this regard.

All-in-all i am impressed and think he'll do well.

I was impressed with Paulinho.
I think the disallowed goal showed what we knew - he's good in the air and will get goals from set pieces.
He looked very comfortable on the ball and is very willing to receive the ball, even when surrounded by opposition players or in a tight spot - both good signs.

He looked a bit wild (for want of a better word) at times - sticking his foot in or paying a risky pass, but i put that down to over exuberance.
I do think he'll be in for a bit of shock when he sees how quick the temp is in a premier league match (that goes to all players coming in from outside this league) although i suspect his skill on the ball will assist him in this regard.

All-in-all i am impressed and think he'll do well.

Just a thought, but that seems to me to be a bit of a fallacy when you consider the whole season. Sure, most teams start off really energetic and most games tend to be end-to-end affairs, but come April......a whole lot of sides (in fact, I'd venture so far as to say most of the sides) look laboured and happy with a hard-fought, grinding win, with a tendency to play it safe or play it long. Us included.

He is too. Both are very calm on the ball, both use their body strength well, both have/had a mature discipline about their game, neither particularly quick.

Only difference is that paulinho ventures forward more often, and silva has more tricks in his locker

He is too. Both are very calm on the ball, both use their body strength well, both have/had a mature discipline about their game, neither particularly quick.

Only difference is that paulinho ventures forward more often, and silva has more tricks in his locker

Tricks? Mauro Silva was a pure DM, the only thing he did was win the ball and give it to the nearest teammate.

Paulinho is a goalscoring box-to-box midfielder, Mauro Silva only scored one goal in his 500+ professional appearances.

Mauro silva often used very neat footwork in tight situations.

Agree he didn't get forward - hence my comment above.

Their playing styles are similar

Tricks? Mauro Silva was a pure DM, the only thing he did was win the ball and give it to the nearest teammate.

Paulinho is a goalscoring box-to-box midfielder, Mauro Silva only scored one goal in his 500+ professional appearances.

Agreed.

Mauro silva often used very neat footwork in tight situations.

Agree he didn't get forward - hence my comment above.

Their playing styles are similar

How can they have similar playing styles if one doesn't get forward at all and the other gets forward all the time?

When on the ball. Ask both to sit, or both to go forward you'd end up with very similar output

He was the Sky MOTM today but this has just been bumped.

I was expecting more, TBH.

I thought he could morph and do teleporting. Imagine my disappointment when he walked onto the pitch as himself :(

Last edited:

Gooner on Arse Mania: Paulinho looks average, his passing is terrible.

I'll be honest, I was a touch surprised why Sky announced him as MOTM. Didn't really do anything exceptional that I saw, but maybe I wasn't paying attention enough.

Paulinho did it simple yesterday, as he should. Nothing spectacular, no big mistakes. He will come good, remember how Ramires struggled for Chelsea in his first months of his PL career. But, to be MOM? I would have gone for Verts.

Back