• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stub Hub and so the rip off begins !!!

From the OS: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/stubhub-spurs-vs-swansea-020813/

A fair point. But I still do not see why ST holders should be allowed to sell at such an inflated price anyway. Swansea is one thing but fellow Spurs fans will be paying £300 for Arsenal tickets I reckon. And when they allow members in on this it's game over.

I cannot go to WHL every game, a cannot afford it. So I've never been able to afford a season ticket. However, I could now wait in line, get one eventually and then put tickets up for sale for the 60% of matches that I can't go to. Maybe even profit on a few games to pay for the other matches. But that doesn't seem right or fair, STs should be for the guys who can go every week and do. IMHO fans should be allowed to used StubHub a maximum number of times per season and loyalty points should be deducted.

I can still see the higher priced tickets selling in the days before the Swansea game.
Imagine the prices for Arsenal Chelsea and United at home. People will end up paying ridiculous amounts of money for those.

I went to see a Barca match a little while back in the Camp Nou. Fantastic experience I have to say. Amazing to see the little man in the flesh. I bought the tickets on their season ticket resale system and got two fantastic seats. I wasn't going to ruin my (more than likely) once in a lifetime experience by sitting in the gods. The tickets were expensive but there were lots of much cheaper tickets higher up. In this case I wanted to pay a premium for my experience. At the lane, because of the compact nature of our ground the laws of supply and demand are skewed drastically and so the stubhub system really is nothing more than another revenue stream and legalised touting rather than a ticket resale system.

In saying all that, because my trips to WHL are few and far between, stubhub opens a way for me to see a decent match for a change if I am willing to pay for it. Up to now I have been stuck with seeing Spurs play unfashionable teams where the tickets might go on general sale. So for me personally it is not all negative, but it is a system totally open to abuse.

Thing is, someone who isn't a fan can just buy a £50 membership which then allows them access to all tickets when they go on sale. They'd make back that £50 in one or two games.

I wanted a £32 ticket,it would cost me £52.

i know why don't the club buy back all the tickets available and sell them back to the fans..........like they did in the old days.

£100 million for bale ,£82 million per season new tv deal,surely theirs some money left in the kitty for a better system

I wont be buying off StubHub thats for sure. Even at £15 over the top of Face Value its a rip off and tickets are too expensive anyway. be cheaper for two of us to fly to Munich and Watch bayern play ;)

Thing is, someone who isn't a fan can just buy a £50 membership which then allows them access to all tickets when they go on sale. They'd make back that £50 in one or two games.

I might be wrong but I dont think us Members are able to resell their tickets on stub hub. I thought it was currently only ST's

edit: didnt see that last post, beat me to it

Nope, only ST holders can sell.

Is their a limit on how many tickets they can sell,meaning if they didnt want to have a season ticket at all they wont have to give it up now and just sell their tickets instead.

Therefore the churn of season tickets will be really low from now on then.

Oh, didn't know that. So if I have a ticket(I'm a member) and I can't make a game, I can't sell my ticket?

Is their a limit on how many tickets they can sell,meaning if they didnt want to have a season ticket at all they wont have to give it up now and just sell their tickets instead.

Therefore the churn of season tickets will be really low from now on then.

There should be, but I dont believe there is at present. You are bang on the money with what you are saying, right now, why would anyone want to give up their ST when they can make money on it.
The renewal numbers each year would reduce. Good job we are getting a new stadium otherwise those us still in the 4000's on the list would never see an ST

Oh, didn't know that. So if I have a ticket(I'm a member) and I can't make a game, I can't sell my ticket?

I think you can e-mail the ticket office and if they game is a sell-out and they are able to resell your ticket you get 75% of the value back. At least they did for me on one occasion, reluctantly
But they wont give you a refund if you cant make a game where you have bought a ticket as part of the the Multi-Ticket packages, well thats what they told me when a couldnt make one of the matches, even though it was because the game had been postponed and rearranged for midweek

I think you can e-mail the ticket office and if they game is a sell-out and they are able to resell your ticket you get 75% of the value back. At least they did for me on one occasion, reluctantly
But they wont give you a refund if you cant make a game where you have bought a ticket as part of the the Multi-Ticket packages, well thats what they told me when a couldnt make one of the matches, even though it was because the game had been postponed and rearranged for midweek

Was that for the everton game,if it was had the same issue,they talk to you in the ticket office as if your some tourist who just turned up for the game,i knew all the rules and regs but being a supporter for over 35 years meant no significance what so ever,and very very reluctanty they agreed to take the ticket off me,they couldn't understand why I couldnt make the date in the middle of the week in January.

Harrys fault he should have played the game in March.

What have I missed? We can't get tickets through ticket exchange anymore?

Nope, you will now have to pay whatever the ST holder wants you to pay, plus 15% to an external third party for exactly the same service as ticket exchange. But the club is telling us it's for our own good, so swallow your pill and keep giving up your money.

Nope, you will now have to pay whatever the ST holder wants you to pay, plus 15% to an external third party for exactly the same service as ticket exchange. But the club is telling us it's for our own good, so swallow your pill and keep giving up your money.

That's ridiculous. So much for my plans of attending high profile games this season, unless I'm extremely lucky when the tickets are released to Lilywhite members.

That's ridiculous. So much for my plans of attending high profile games this season, unless I'm extremely lucky when the tickets are released to Lilywhite members.

You can have my Arsenal ticket on stub hub for £800 if you like?

Back