• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

By Greg Stobart

Gareth Bale attended training with Tottenham on Tuesday morning as the club prepare for decisive talks with Real Madrid over a world record transfer for the Welshman in the next 48 hours.

Jonathan Barnett, Bale's agent, had been quoted in Spain suggesting Bale may not train with Spurs having been disappointed by comments from manager Andre Villas-Boas over the weekend claiming his star man is not for sale.

:-k

So do Sky have a Gareth cam stationed outside the training ground to supply pictures of a miserable looking GB to the world as he dreams of the sun in Madrid?

But I... I don't understand? The Sun said that he 'autographed shirts in an emotional goodbye' before the rest went to Monaco?

Am shocked they got this wrong, the press have been so spot on for the rest of the time.

Tottenham director Sir Keith Mills accepts that the club cannot stop Gareth Bale from making his dream move to Real Madrid.

The 63-year-old has just been awarded a second knighthood — a Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire — for helping to win London the 2012 Games and then organising them.

Initially, he repeats Tottenham’s standard response to Madrid’s pursuit of their prize asset: “We very much want Bale to stay.” But, when pressed, he accepts: “If a player is desperate to leave, it’s very difficult to force him to stay. We’ve seen it in other clubs. Even if he has a contract, you can’t force somebody to play for you.”

Mills agrees Tottenham are in a Catch-22. If they’re not in the Champions League, Bale may not stay. But, to get into the Champions League, they need players like Bale.

“That’s precisely the issue,” he says. “So this summer, we are investing in a great squad and we hope that provides us with Champions League football next year and we start to win trophies, FA Cups. That’s what Tottenham need. We have made some good acquisitions

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...we-cant-force-him-to-play-for-us-8747976.html

very interesting article, there is more about other subjects ....click and enjoy

It'll be good just to have him back amongst the lads at Enfield rather than stewing watching SSN and reading the paper/twitter/Internet rumours.
I am increasingly getting the feeling we've weathered the storm and that as time goes on things shift in favour of him staying for another year.

AS quoted Barnett as saying Bale was deeply upset and may not train. Barnett has since confirmed that he never spoke to AS or gave any interview to them.

Still hasn't stopped the 'Bale won't train' story being mentioned if every UK paper and internet article.

Bale just arrived to the training ground.

Bale reports to training ground to force dream move to Real

Wantaway Spurs winger Gareth Bale today showed up at the Tottenham training ground to demand his dream move to Real Madrid, [insert random newspaper name here] understands.

It is widely reported that the 24 year old Welshman has no desire to play for Spurs, and is angry with the club for not letting him go.

Sources close to the player say he will refuse to train with the rest of the team until his transfer goes through.

"Gareth is really mad. Really, really mad. He feels Tottenham is holding him back, demanding silly money, and quite frankly I can understand that", a bald headed source tells us.

"He deserves to play for Real Madrid. Who are Spurs to deny that?", he continues, in a french accent.

---

There. Took me two minutes.

Bale reports to training ground to force dream move to Real

Wantaway Spurs winger Gareth Bale today showed up at the Tottenham training ground to demand his dream move to Real Madrid, [insert random newspaper name here] understands.

It is widely reported that the 24 year old Welshman has no desire to play for Spurs, and is angry with the club for not letting him go.

Sources close to the player say he will refuse to train with the rest of the team until his transfer goes through.

"Gareth is really mad. Really, really mad. He feels Tottenham is holding him back, demanding silly money, and quite frankly I can understand that", a bald headed source tells us.

"He deserves to play for Real Madrid. Who are Spurs to deny that?", he continues, in a french accent.

---

There. Took me two minutes.

I fell for that right up to the french accent bit. :ross:

this is the full article for those who cant be arsed to click the link :)

Tottenham director Sir Keith Mills accepts that the club cannot stop Gareth Bale from making his dream move to Real Madrid.

The 63-year-old has just been awarded a second knighthood — a Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire — for helping to win London the 2012 Games and then organising them.

Initially, he repeats Tottenham’s standard response to Madrid’s pursuit of their prize asset: “We very much want Bale to stay.” But, when pressed, he accepts: “If a player is desperate to leave, it’s very difficult to force him to stay. We’ve seen it in other clubs. Even if he has a contract, you can’t force somebody to play for you.”

Mills agrees Tottenham are in a Catch-22. If they’re not in the Champions League, Bale may not stay. But, to get into the Champions League, they need players like Bale.

“That’s precisely the issue,” he says. “So this summer, we are investing in a great squad and we hope that provides us with Champions League football next year and we start to win trophies, FA Cups. That’s what Tottenham need. We have made some good acquisitions.”

They include £17million Brazilian Paulinho and Spaniard Roberto Soldado, £26m; signings which have, twice in the closed season, seen the club break their transfer record. “There are others in the pipeline,” he promises.

This could mean another striker for Andre Villas-Boas. Last season, the combined tally of Jermaine Defoe (15) and Emmanuel Adebayor (eight) fell three short of Bale’s 26 goals.

“Strikers are very high on AVB’s list of priorities and Daniel [Levy, the chairman] is trying hard to make sure we have strength up front. It’s a really exciting time to be at the club.”

For Mills, this sense of excitement is heightened by managerial changes in three of the four clubs which finished above Spurs last season.

“It will take the three new managers at Manchester United, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea — Jose Mourinho’s gone back so he counts as new — a bit of time to settle down. They’ve mostly inherited their squads, the previous managers did things slightly differently and that may just be unsettling enough. We all know that in sport things unwind pretty quickly.

“Tottenham are in a very good place. We’re optimistic this is going to be a good season and I fancy our chances to get one of the four Champions League slots. We’ve got a great manager now.”

Such support for a manager who is yet to win a trophy may seem extravagant but, for Mills, the way the Portuguese overcame the shadow cast by his Chelsea failure merits special praise.

Mills said: “He’s done a great job. He is very professional, uses statistics and the technology in a very intelligent and considered way.”

At Stamford Bridge, AVB lost the confidence of the dressing room but, at Spurs, Mills says: “He has built a lot of confidence and trust with the players. His job is to get the best out of every player and he does it very well.”

Mills is keen to reassure fans that the arrival of Franco Baldini as director of football is no threat to AVB. This continental style of management has rarely worked in this country and was abandoned by Tottenham after a brief trial pairing manager Jacques Santini with director Frank Arnesen in 2004.

Mills, however, argues: “We have returned to that model because you need a gap between the manager who is running the first team and the chairman who signs the cheques. We need somebody in the middle who takes a more holistic view of the youth and development squads, talent spotting and keeping an eye out internationally. That is Baldini’s role and we are very pleased with him.”

Encouraging as all this is, Mills accepts that Spurs will not be able to match Manchester United and Arsenal unless the club have a new stadium.

“It’s very difficult for us to keep pace with a United or an Arsenal who can bring in 60,000-plus when our capacity is 37,000. We don’t have the marketing and sponsorship of the Emirates or Old Trafford. We don’t generate their match-day income. A new stadium equals substantial additional revenues which will enable us to fund the quality of players we need to get to the Champions League. And being in that League will produce more money. That’s why the stadium is so important.”

Tottenham are planning a new ground at White Hart Lane but the search for revenue explains why they were prepared to migrate to east London.

Mills reveals the club’s controversial bid for the Olympic Stadium was because: “[Mayor] Boris Johnson and the Government were very keen for us to bid. We said, ‘Look, there’s no point in us bidding if you want a running track. We don’t think that’s a good enough experience for the fans. We’re happy to bid and provide a separate athletics’ legacy at Crystal Palace.’ But it was clear that the track was more important than we were led to believe. That’s history. We’re building our own stadium now.”

The new stadium can only go ahead when £350m funding is secured. To do that, the club need to sell the naming rights. “We don’t have that in place and that’s an integral part of the financing,” says Mills. “Once we get that, it’ll open up the rest of the funding.”

With Middle East organisations keen to attach their names to British sport, Levy has travelled to the region but all Mills is willing to says is: “There’s been some interest.”

Mills, whose business success includes the creation of Air Miles and Nectar cards, could prove crucial in securing finance. It is interesting that he is happier trying to make Spurs great again than managing English football.

“I was approached to see whether I’d be interested in putting my name forward [to take over from David Bernstein as FA chairman],” he reveals. “I turned it down straightaway.”

He also turned down an approach to take over from Sir David Richards as Premier League chairman. “Both jobs have their complexities,” he says. “I have other things going on in my life.”

But he is willing to give advice to Bernstein’s successor, Greg Dyke. “Growing great talent is something that has to be top priority for the new FA chairman,” he says. “It would certainly be my priority. Young talent is what inspires the next generation.”

But that will not happen overnight: “In order to get young talent, you need to grow the coaching talent, too. Producing great coaches will result in great players and that is a long-term project. You’re really talking about a generation

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...we-cant-force-him-to-play-for-us-8747976.html

Eh? Did WHL get tagged with a bomb threat or something?

Go to the politics and football thread. Brace yourself. I still can't decide if its a spoof or not. It's written by either a 12 year old budding Sun journalist or an adult comedy writer.

Go to the politics and football thread. Brace yourself. I still can't decide if its a spoof or not. It's written by either a 12 year old budding Sun journalist or an adult comedy writer.

"Unscrupulous merchants. Jews who will be punished for their greed by the wrath of GHod and by the sound of arms."

Perez calling in the big guns, I see. :ross: :ross: :ross:

I honestly cannot fathom what bizarre twist the world took in the last 24 hours to produce that scenario: Al Qaeda threatening Tottenham Hotspur Football Club over Gareth Frank Bale.

If it helps, though, I imagine the NSA will be trawling Real Madrid forums for the next few days. :)

Brilliant! Maybe I should apply for a job at Daily Mail or Marca! :lol:

If you live anywhere but your mother’s house or possess more than one A-Level, like Amor said, you’re probably overqualified.

I imagine Marca’s recruitment process will also involve getting rogered by a B-list Madrid player while being made to shout ’Sexo es Vida!’ at regular intervals, so you’re better off missing out. ;)

Back