• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Ramon Calderon being wheeled out now by Sky.........I don't get why they are almost pressing to the point of no return for a player of his quality to leave our league. They seem almost excited by the prospect of him going and as for making a big point of asking Jamie and Harry for their opinions.......jesus wept.

It's simply big, sensational news to them, they couldn't care less if it meant the quality of the league takes a small dip.

did you ever consider that the fake injury is so that he doesnt have to play and potentially injure himself seriously and thus maybe put his move in jeopardy?....guess not

Have you ever considered that the fake injury is actually an injury and that the media is completely nuts?

I know which i think is far more likely.

Have you ever considered that the fake injury is actually an injury and that the media is completely nuts?

I know which i think is far more likely.

the truth will come out very soon

£105m for Gareth Bale? 'You're having a laugh' according to Arsene Wenger as speaks on Real Madrid offer for the Tottenham ace

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has had his say on the Gareth Bale transfer saga labelling the proposed £105m a “joke” and claiming it makes a mockery of the Financial Fair Play regulations brought into effect this year.

Spurs have claimed that they will not be selling Bale this summer, but the longer the ordeal drags on the more likely it seems the Welshman will be heading to Spain in the next month.

Real Madrid look set to test Spurs to the limit as they look certain to break the world-record transfer fee, but with reports claiming that Bale has asked chairman Daniel Levy for a move away, it seems Tottenham may be resigned to losing their star player.

But Wenger feels that surpassing the £100m-mark would go against everything that the new Uefa rulings were brought in to achieve, with club now challenged to balance their books and only spend what they can really afford.

"It makes a joke of it,” exclaimed Wenger. “It's quite amazing that in the year where the Financial Fair Play comes in, the football world has gone completely crazy.

"You wonder what kind of impact and effect it has on the football world. It looks like it has made everybody worse than before."

Wenger is yet to make a significant signing of his own this summer, but the Gunners have seen a £40m plus £1 offer for Luis Suarez firmly rejected – a fee that would have more than doubled the current club record transfer.

Despite the rivalry between Arsenal and Tottenham, Wenger does not want Bale to leave the Premier League, although it would likely give the Frenchman one less thing to worry about in the north London derby.

"It is never good to lose a big player," the Gunners boss added.

"He is a British player and I believe it is important that the Premier League keeps the best players."

Should Bale complete the move, he will become the fifth British player to move to the La Liga giants, with David Beckham and Steve McManaman enduring a successful time with the club while Michael Owen and Jonathan Woodgate had spells to forget during their brief time in Madrid.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...drid-offer-for-the-tottenham-ace-8744118.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...oks-to-complete-real-madrid-move-8743896.html

Transfer news: Gareth Bale will not travel with Tottenham to Monaco as he looks to complete Real Madrid move
The Welshman does not want to risk sustaining an injury amid negotiations over a world record transfer

Gareth Bale will not travel with the Tottenham team for tomorrow's match in Monaco as he looks to complete his move to Real Madrid.

Spurs are set to play at the Stade Louis II stadium tomorrow evening against Monaco as they prepare for the season ahead - but they must do so without their star player according to the Evening Standard.

Bale does not want to risk sustaining a serious injury by playing any part in the game.

The 24-year-old, who scored 26 goals for Andre Villas-Boas’ side last season, has sat out the last three friendlies due to a muscle strain. His only appearance in a Tottenham shirt during pre-season so far was against Swindon on July 16.

Bale has received more treatment on his injury at the training ground this week and will not feature against Monaco. He will not even travel with the squad to the principality.

It would seem preparing for the season ahead without their best player would make sense for Spurs, with a world record transfer to Real Madrid looking increasingly likely.

Bale reiterated his desire to quit White Hart Lane at a meeting with chairman Daniel Levy earlier this week.

Meanwhile, Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti confirmed today that talks to sign Bale were ongoing and the former Southampton player’s former manager at Spurs, Harry Redknapp, predicted Bale will be a “huge success” if he completes the move.

“You can’t ignore interest from Real Madrid and he’s probably dreamed of that as a little boy. It could happen but I’m not sure. If he goes there he would be a great success,” said Redknapp. “He can do everything, there’s nothing he can’t do, he’s an amazing player.”

Would a player incapable of travelling to Monaco manage to pass a medical in Madrid?
Deals off :)

Bale could be as good as him IMO. But not in the same team...

Maybe he could yeah but when Ronaldo left he had won 3 x premierships, 1 x European cup and probably a few other trophies, had been world player of the year and racked up at least 23 goals for each of the prior 3 years all at the same age.

earlier in the summer when Paulinho was signed and asked was about Bale, he said that he had been told Bale wouldnt be sold

a month later and new signing Soldado was asked about Bale, and Soldado didnt mention anything about being told Bale would be staying ......in fact he said he saw Tottenham were having difficulties trying to keep him

things have changed? :-k

it's pretty clear that RM have upped their tapping up and underhand tactics since the beginning of the window.

Ramon Calderon being wheeled out now by Sky.........I don't get why they are almost pressing to the point of no return for a player of his quality to leave our league. They seem almost excited by the prospect of him going and as for making a big point of asking Jamie and Harry for their opinions.......jesus wept.

BT Sport posterboy moving to a league where Sky holds exclusive broadcast rights.

£105m for Gareth Bale? 'You're having a laugh' according to Arsene Wenger as speaks on Real Madrid offer for the Tottenham ace

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has had his say on the Gareth Bale transfer saga labelling the proposed £105m a “joke” and claiming it makes a mockery of the Financial Fair Play regulations brought into effect this year.

Spurs have claimed that they will not be selling Bale this summer, but the longer the ordeal drags on the more likely it seems the Welshman will be heading to Spain in the next month.

Real Madrid look set to test Spurs to the limit as they look certain to break the world-record transfer fee, but with reports claiming that Bale has asked chairman Daniel Levy for a move away, it seems Tottenham may be resigned to losing their star player.

But Wenger feels that surpassing the £100m-mark would go against everything that the new Uefa rulings were brought in to achieve, with club now challenged to balance their books and only spend what they can really afford.

"It makes a joke of it,” exclaimed Wenger. “It's quite amazing that in the year where the Financial Fair Play comes in, the football world has gone completely crazy.

"You wonder what kind of impact and effect it has on the football world. It looks like it has made everybody worse than before."

Wenger is yet to make a significant signing of his own this summer, but the Gunners have seen a £40m plus £1 offer for Luis Suarez firmly rejected – a fee that would have more than doubled the current club record transfer.

Despite the rivalry between Arsenal and Tottenham, Wenger does not want Bale to leave the Premier League, although it would likely give the Frenchman one less thing to worry about in the north London derby.

"It is never good to lose a big player," the Gunners boss added.

"He is a British player and I believe it is important that the Premier League keeps the best players."

Should Bale complete the move, he will become the fifth British player to move to the La Liga giants, with David Beckham and Steve McManaman enduring a successful time with the club while Michael Owen and Jonathan Woodgate had spells to forget during their brief time in Madrid.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...drid-offer-for-the-tottenham-ace-8744118.html

flimflam.
Where is Laurie Cunningham in that list?
Did football start with Sky Sports in 1992 for the Independent?

And as for Wenger. If he wants to compalin about FFP he should go learn something about Football accounting.
Bale's fee will be amortised over the length of his contract with Madrid. Madrid will most likely still make a profit this year. No danger of them failing FFP with their huge income.

Id only be happy if we sold Bale if we were allowed to buy some top top players. Obviously it cant be a like for like, but Levy is experienced (not a master) of money ball.

If we can buy two players that can challenge for a first team line spot as in Willian & Lamella ... we would have enough change to buy some amazing youth talent also and have a large chunk of the stadium paid for.

The thing that confuses/saddens me most about this deal is that it doesn't seem to actually benefit any of the parties. Madrid do not need Bale right now, and the amount of money they are spending is quite frankly ridiculous. I would not be pleased as a Madrid fan, and it sounds like many aren't.

For us, we are losing our ticket to the big time. As many have said, Bale staying this year would almost guarantee us CL football and we could really start the next step to greatness.

Then there's Bale, who I honestly believe will not set La Liga alight this year. We built a team around him completely, and his brilliance was there to see because of that. He even stated in many interviews last year that he credits AVB for the incredible levels he hit so regularly. He won't get that at all in Madrid. He's got to try and make a name (and even surpass those around him given the price) in a team that's already packed full of world class players. All that while learning the language and trying to forge personal relationships with his teammates, most of whom won't speak English. I think that professionally and personally he will suffer there.

So who is left to benefit? Jonathan Barnett for sure, and Perez who seems to get his rocks off on buying players that his team doesn't need for extortionate rates. Bale will benefit financially, but I'm pretty sure that's not a factor for him. Anyway, it's just sad.

It's simply big, sensational news to them, they couldn't care less if it meant the quality of the league takes a small dip.

I know it is but indirectly it is damaging in some respects to their product. Yes they will make money regardless but its kinda self defeating in some respects.

The thing that confuses/saddens me most about this deal is that it doesn't seem to actually benefit any of the parties. Madrid do not need Bale right now, and the amount of money they are spending is quite frankly ridiculous. I would not be pleased as a Madrid fan, and it sounds like many aren't.

For us, we are losing our ticket to the big time. As many have said, Bale staying this year would almost guarantee us CL football and we could really start the next step to greatness.

Then there's Bale, who I honestly believe will not set La Liga alight this year. We built a team around him completely, and his brilliance was there to see because of that. He even stated in many interviews last year that he credits AVB for the incredible levels he hit so regularly. He won't get that at all in Madrid. He's got to try and make a name (and even surpass those around him given the price) in a team that's already packed full of world class players. All that while learning the language and trying to forge personal relationships with his teammates, most of whom won't speak English. I think that professionally and personally he will suffer there.

So who is left to benefit? Jonathan Barnett for sure, and Perez who seems to get his rocks off on buying players that his team doesn't need for extortionate rates. Bale will benefit financially, but I'm pretty sure that's not a factor for him. Anyway, it's just sad.

Sentiment went out of the window when Berbatov threw a strop ... thats when it changed for me. We have come back to this situation of challenging for 4th and dare i say it at times 3rd last season ... I would have given everything to have kept Bale like Gerrard stayed at Liverpool ... however step back and look at the bigger picture.

Bale is his own man I hope and is desperate to play for madrid, even though I personally dont think he is ready to play with all of that pressure on his shoulders. However on our end, If we spend wisely we can EASILY negate the loss of bale by replacing him with a few world class players and while laying the foundations of a stadium that should ensure that we are competitive for a long long time.

Dont want him to leave, i would have loved to have seen him link up with our new team ... but thats life and unfortunately football.

it's pretty clear that RM have upped their tapping up and underhand tactics since the beginning of the window.

and they have succeeded in their objective...thats all im saying

Its like someone said earlier in this thread, what is so awful about having to stay one more season at Spurs? No doubt Barnett will be in his ear with the old line of one injury and it could all be over etc and its Real, they only come around once in a lifetime which to me is such rubbish. a) If he did get injured tomorrow then his contract would be paid out and he would still have the most wonderful lifestyle to support his family and b) If he really is the real deal then Real Madrid will be interested indefinitely.

Surely in his mind he can see that by staying he can have a crack at getting us back into the CL and maybe win something. What better way to go out? This is all using logic though without numerous people in my ear.

It is really tiring having to read all the Bale rumours daily. Wish we can keep him somehow. But if and when we decide to sell Bale to Real Madrid, hope we will include a condition that we have the first option to buy him back if Real decides to sell him in future. Somehow can see him back in England within 3 years.

It is really tiring having to read all the Bale rumours daily. Wish we can keep him somehow. But if and when we decide to sell bale to Real Madrid, hope we will include a condition that we have the first option to buy him back if Real decides to sell him in future. Somehow can see him back in England within 3 years.

Don't think we could afford him and not sure I'd want him now anyway.

My concern is now the cash. If we sell Bale we need to get paid up front. Just like utd did with Ronaldo. No instalments just cash. Once all £100 million is in our bank we hand over the registration. No deposits no instalments. Just hard cash...or no Deal.

Back