• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

BT Sport channels

Actually bt sport 1 ( not HD or espn ) is available on free to air satellite as well, freesat I think. You have to set to non-freesat mode and tune it in, and on some freesat boxes this is a pain but its listed there.

I advise to get the humax foxsat hdr, plug your cables from the sky+ dish straight in the back and never look back. Sky have taken the tinkle for too long, we've got netflix, lovefilm and freesat, our bluray accesses netflix and its all pretty much pocket change. Bluray for keepers, netflix for fun ( and now the Hola add on for chrome allows you onto the US catalogue ) why would anyone pay £50 for sky.

So today in the post I got my first repost from SKY.

Basically a letter telling everyone to cancel ESPN early lol

And with this the first Sky offer.

HALF PRICE BROADBAND FOR 6 MONTHS if you sign up for 12 months.. that is a whopping £3.75 x 6 = £22.50

Which if I am right would equate to under 2 months free BT sports if you go with BT Broadband.

Also they added another offer.. half price 24mb fibre optic for 6 months so £8 from £16

No where near good enough.

I am with Sky and they have their hooks in me because I cannot leave them because I cannot do without Sky Atlantic

BT will be showing the following matches -

August

Liverpool v Stoke - Saturday 17 12:45pm

Fulham v Arsenal - Saturday 24 12:45pm

Emirates Marketing Project v Hull City - Saturday 31 12:45pm

September

Man Utd v Crystal Palace - Saturday 14 12:45pm

Norwich v Aston Villa - Saturday 21 12:45pm

Tottenham v Chelsea - Saturday 28/09/13 12:45pm

October

Emirates Marketing Project v Everton - Saturday 5 12:45pm

Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Liverpool - Saturday 19 12:45pm

Crystal Palace v Arsenal - Saturday 26 12:45pm

November

Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Chelsea - Saturday 2 12:45pm

Everton v Liverpool - Saturday 23 12:45pm

Tottenham v Man Utd - Saturday 30 12:45pm

Apart from our two matches which I will be at the rest do not seem to be "great" matches. I missed a large number of ESPN matvhes because I was coming home from football and no I am going to miss a large number of matches because I will be on the way to football.

BT will be showing the following matches -

August

Liverpool v Stoke - Saturday 17 12:45pm

Fulham v Arsenal - Saturday 24 12:45pm

Emirates Marketing Project v Hull City - Saturday 31 12:45pm

September

Man Utd v Crystal Palace - Saturday 14 12:45pm

Norwich v Aston Villa - Saturday 21 12:45pm

Tottenham v Chelsea - Saturday 28/09/13 12:45pm

October

Emirates Marketing Project v Everton - Saturday 5 12:45pm

Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Liverpool - Saturday 19 12:45pm

Crystal Palace v Arsenal - Saturday 26 12:45pm

November

Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Chelsea - Saturday 2 12:45pm

Everton v Liverpool - Saturday 23 12:45pm

Tottenham v Man Utd - Saturday 30 12:45pm

Apart from our two matches which I will be at the rest do not seem to be "great" matches. I missed a large number of ESPN matvhes because I was coming home from football and no I am going to miss a large number of matches because I will be on the way to football.

We're with Virgin so had ESPN as part of the package. Wasnt impressed we will have to pay for BT Sports, so decided against paying extra monies.
Like yourself, no great loss so far looking at that. Will be at the 2 Spurs games, and wont lose any sleep over not seeing those other matches

BT have more first choice picks than Sky do, right?

I think Sky are using their first choice picks early, to try and gain/keep subscribers going into the new season. BT seem to be saving their picks for later in the season, which could work as when we get round to the end of season run in there will be more interest in BT's games.

We're with Virgin so had ESPN as part of the package. Wasnt impressed we will have to pay for BT Sports, so decided against paying extra monies.
Like yourself, no great loss so far looking at that. Will be at the 2 Spurs games, and wont lose any sleep over not seeing those other matches

Oh well, so it's back to the days of going down the pub, of bum-racking seats, craning my neck for a view of tiny, over-saturated, faded, blurred screens and the obligatory excruciating commentary. Please PLEASE tell me BT don't have that arsehole jon Champion or the ludicrous Scottish taco Strachan?

Anyone watching the launch? Looks pretty good so far.

Annoying that the bt app dosnt allow composite out but ill work something out

Yep, and phoned and complained that I agreed a 12 month fixed package in May, and they agreed not to charge it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23709325

15 August 2013 Last updated at 10:27

Virgin Media strikes deal with BT for sports channels

BT has struck a deal with Virgin Media to make its new sports channels available to the cable operator's subscribers.

The three-year agreement will see customers with Virgin's most expensive package getting access to BT's three sports channels for free.

Those on cheaper deals can pay extra to receive them.

The deal will mean Virgin Media can now supply sports channels from both BT and its rival BSkyB.

It is a step forward for Virgin Media in the continuing battle with its larger competitor.

Last year, the firm launched an internet TV service that streams programmes to computers, tablets and smartphones, in a challenge to BSkyB's rapidly growing Sky Go service.

Thursday's tie-up is also seen as a boost for BT, which will gain more viewers and be able to charge extra for advertising.
Triple-play tussle

The telecoms giant launched its UK sports channels in August, in a challenge to the two-decades-long sports-TV dominance of Sky.

Sky has already seen off ITV Digital, Setanta and ESPN, which all temporarily entered the pay-TV football market.

Two weeks after the launch, BT said one million households had signed up to the new channels since it started taking orders in May.

This compares with BSkyB, which has a total of 10.4m TV subscribers, although not all those take sports channels.

BT surprised the market when it agreed to pay £246m per season to show 38 live football matches. BSkyB has the rights to 116 games per season.

Media analyst Steve Hewlett said the underlying battle between BT and Sky was for supremacy in the triple-play market - the bundling of television, telephone and broadband.

He said the launch of the new sports channels was to prevent BT losing its broadband customers to Sky.

Dana Strong, Virgin Media's chief operating officer, said BT Sport would be included free in its top "XL" television package. Customers on cheaper packages will be charged an extra £15 per month.

BT has so far refused to wholesale BT Sport to BSkyB. It would defeat the main purpose of its massive investment in sport, which is to retain and win back broadband customers from Sky by offering them 38 free Premier League matches per season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...s-first-wholesale-deal-with-Virgin-Media.html

Result. Im on XL so will get if for free. I negotiate with the retentions department and haggle them down every single year so im on a great price. It takes some patience but I strongly recommend other VM customers do the same.

heard that virgin and bt may have struck a deal......it be £12 for normal and £15 for hd and virgin may give it free to xl customners for the first three months also sky atlantic may be coming as well.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Took their time for some reason in making a decision.........but i left virgin for sky in the meantime, they've given me everything for £34(no bt sport),virgin were charging me £32 just for sky sports and my bill with virgin was £75.

Last edited:
First day with the new channel and tonight they are showing our 4-3 win against West Ham from 07. Nice one !

BT Sport 2 11.30PM

Back